The importance of tonight game

Italian Bills

8 hours ago, DQW87 said:

I dare say this is the biggest game Buffalo vs New England ever. We've played some big ones, but I don't ever remember this much on the line. 

It's a true defining moment for Allen and McDermott and no it's not just another game no matter what anybody says because with next weeks game against Brady and the Bucs pretty much a guaranteed loss what faint hopes the Bills have of winning the division starts tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

In the grand scheme this game is not as important as apparently everyone in buffalo is making it out to be. They could lose tonight and win out and take the division. They could win tonight and only lose the Pats game after this and still win the division. The amount of drought level fear with Bills fans right now is nearing the point of fatally pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, corta765 said:

In the grand scheme this game is not as important as apparently everyone in buffalo is making it out to be. They could lose tonight and win out and take the division. They could win tonight and only lose the Pats game after this and still win the division. The amount of drought level fear with Bills fans right now is nearing the point of fatally pathetic.

While right, that's not the point.  The game in terms of the teams psyche (and that of many fans) is important.  Either this team has it or doesn't is important.

But sure, lose this week & next and then reel off 8 in a row & win the SB.....😜

20 minutes ago, corta765 said:

If we lose, this board will fall apart tonight & tomorrow. But in a month, we could be back on top the division.

At some point, we'll start to view Patriots games in a "normal" way.  But 2 decades IS a long time.  A sweep last year is a good start, but it will be a process.  Trust the process.

• Agree 1

This is a classic pivot point in the season.  A win and we're headed in the right direction with confidence and swagger, a loss and this season's hopes are very much dimmed.  Taken in context, a win for NE puts them in the driver's seat for the whole Conference which is also very bad for us.  

Realistically I think we win tonight, then lose to the Bucs and at NE, but win the rest.  I think they lose tonight and to the Colts or Dolphins, end up 11-6 as a WC in the playoffs.  We win the Div, get a home playoff game.  

We arrive at the classic intersection in the road tonight, its huge.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

At some point, we'll start to view Patriots games in a "normal" way.  But 2 decades IS a long time.  A sweep last year is a good start, but it will be a process.  Trust the process.

I already view the Pats that way which is why to me tonight's another game nothing more nothing less. It simply comes down to the fact we have an MVP caliber QB which we have always wanted with a good roster. Once you have that guy as far as I am considered its about the big picture every year which is SB. I fully expect that over the next 10 years plus while Josh is the dude the Pats, Phins, & maybeeee the Jets... (honestly who the hell knows with that org) to be good and be threats to the division on conference in general. That doesn't change the goal or expectation other then that if we lose I will ask what our guys did to lose it. Pre Josh yea I probably would've hyped this game up like everyone else, but the expectations of where we should be and what we should do have changed everything.

I understand why a lot of fans are the way they are, but this last week has been borderline insufferable with how fatalistic Bills fans have been. Truthfully I love these games its what sports are about. If the Bills want to view themselves as a title team then win, if you don't it is not the end of the world either though and I will not let it destroy the big picture. God willing thanks to Josh and the team Buffalo's established we will have 3-5 games yearly fans feel like this. I do agree when it has been this long it's hard to move past what occurred before, but since 2017 Buffalo has proven to be a good team and fans need to really trust that more then they do.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I don't like to get too far ahead BUT WE DO need this win as the Putztriots are off next week and we play "Marcia and the Bucs" on Sunday!!

I know it feels that way. But there's literally a path to the #1 seed in the AFC even if we lose 2 of the next 3. 

It's insane how many AFC playoff teams have to play each other over the next 6 weeks. 

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

🤦‍♂️CTFD. Nowhere close to the biggest game in the series. Not even in the same universe. This is merely a midseason game. No playoff spots will be awarded for the winner, the loser is still very much in the hunt. 

For a little much needed perspective, these teams played in the 1st ever AFL Playoff game in 1963, forced when we ended the season tied. Pats* won decisively then got blown out by San Diego in the title game. The ‘64 season finale between us decided the Eastern Division title where we went on to dethrone the Chargers for our 1st Championship. They were our chief rival the following season as we won Back to Back League titles. OJ rushed for over 450 yards in the 2 games in ‘73, enroute to 2000 yards in 14 games -still unmatched! In the strike-shortened/Scab-ball season of ‘87, we needed only to beat them in the season finale to make the playoffs. They beat us 14-6. We would go on to win 5 of the next 6 Division titles. Last season was the 1st time ever we swept the Division with the closest game being the 1st one with them, where Justin Zimmer stripped the ball from Cam Newton late to secure the win. 

Your table is ready, Sir.

BE874F12-F24E-45D7-BC61-BBDCB536123B.jpeg

LOL, yeah you really schooled me!  I was talking NFL, and you reminded me about those big AFL games.  And yes those all important  OJ games were really important too!   At least To OJ they were,lol.  Oh and how could I forget the all important scab games??  You are right all of those are way more important than tonights nationally televised game to see who is tops in the AFC east and basically the entire AFC. You're right about 1 thing, nothing is decided by tonights game.  But if you know anything about football,(which from your previous post I wonder if you really understand significance of games) you should know December football among division rivals is as important as regular season gets. Tonight's game sets the tone for the remainder of the season.  Possibly host home playoff games or possibly not even make the playoffs.  Pretty important. Sorry I don't have any funny kid pictures to post.

• Dislike 1

Call me crazy but this game could end in a tie 6-6. missed extra points

25-35mph sustained w/occasional winds Gust near 50mph...Yikes

10% chance light rain at Game-time...We can't blame the hydro-meteors falling from the sky tonight

Thats pretty radical right there but 'Right Dude Here' aint gonna sweat it guys

Edited by Sugar High JA17

1 minute ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Call me crazy but this game could end in a tie 6-6. missed extra points

35-45mph winds Gust near 60mph...Yikes

10% chance light rain at Game-time...We can't blame the hydro-meteors falling from the sky tonight

Thats pretty radical right there but 'Right Dude Here' aint gonna sweat it guys

Where are you getting your weather reports from?     Seems hyperbolic to me.

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

🤦‍♂️CTFD. Nowhere close to the biggest game in the series. Not even in the same universe. This is merely a midseason game. No playoff spots will be awarded for the winner, the loser is still very much in the hunt. 

For a little much needed perspective, these teams played in the 1st ever AFL Playoff game in 1963, forced when we ended the season tied. Pats* won decisively then got blown out by San Diego in the title game. The ‘64 season finale between us decided the Eastern Division title where we went on to dethrone the Chargers for our 1st Championship. They were our chief rival the following season as we won Back to Back League titles. OJ rushed for over 450 yards in the 2 games in ‘73, enroute to 2000 yards in 14 games -still unmatched! In the strike-shortened/Scab-ball season of ‘87, we needed only to beat them in the season finale to make the playoffs. They beat us 14-6. We would go on to win 5 of the next 6 Division titles. Last season was the 1st time ever we swept the Division with the closest game being the 1st one with them, where Justin Zimmer stripped the ball from Cam Newton late to secure the win. 

Your table is ready, Sir.

BE874F12-F24E-45D7-BC61-BBDCB536123B.jpeg

Wow, the condescending nature of this response aside, this game is one of the biggest in memory.  Especially considering the Bills under-delivering this year compared to expectations (they were sky-high). 

If the Bills lose, this thing PROBABLY unravels and this season takes on a completely different tone.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I know it feels that way. But there's literally a path to the #1 seed in the AFC even if we lose 2 of the next 3. 

It's insane how many AFC playoff teams have to play each other over the next 6 weeks. 

Crazy for sure!

3 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

2129824202_ScreenShot2021-12-06at10_36_09AM.png.0dcfb51a3757562c2a81abaaf47f7bac.png

Copied from their website as of right now  weather.gov:

Tonight

Rain and snow showers likely before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 31 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Forecast right now from Weather.com

8:00 pm

35°

Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip - 24%

W 24 mph

9:00 pm

34°

Mostly Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip 17%

W 24 mph

10:00 pm

33°

Mostly Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip 11%

W 22 mph

11:00 pm

33°

Mostly Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip 14%

W 20 mph

From Wunderground.com

8:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-35 ° Feels like 24 °  Chance of precip 24 % wind =24 mph

9:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-34 ° Feels like 22 ° Chance of precip 16 % wind = 24 mph

10:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-33 ° Feels like 21 ° Chance of precip 13 % wind = 22 mph

11:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-33 ° Feels like 21 ° Chance of precip  13 % wind = 20 mph 

Normally pretty un dramatic about this stuff, but this game, imo, is pretty much going to tell us who the 2021 Bills are. 

if it’s close, ok. But If NE comes out and man handles our guys in the trenches, it’s gonna be time to accept the bills aren’t going to compete for championships until BB retires. 

6 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Copied from their website as of right now  weather.gov:

Tonight

Rain and snow showers likely before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 31 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Forecast right now from Weather.com

8:00 pm

35°

Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip - 24%

W 24 mph

9:00 pm

34°

Mostly Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip 17%

W 24 mph

10:00 pm

33°

Mostly Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip 11%

W 22 mph

11:00 pm

33°

Mostly Cloudy/Wind

chanced of precip 14%

W 20 mph

From Wunderground.com

8:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-35 ° Feels like 24 °  Chance of precip 24 % wind =24 mph

9:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-34 ° Feels like 22 ° Chance of precip 16 % wind = 24 mph

10:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-33 ° Feels like 21 ° Chance of precip 13 % wind = 22 mph

11:00 pm Mostly Cloudy/Wind Temp-33 ° Feels like 21 ° Chance of precip  13 % wind = 20 mph 

Great research but unfortunately it falls short for that elusive Badge all of 2BillsDrive is in search of!

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, P Riv said:

This is a classic pivot point in the season.  A win and we're headed in the right direction with confidence and swagger, a loss and this season's hopes are very much dimmed.  Taken in context, a win for NE puts them in the driver's seat for the whole Conference which is also very bad for us.  

Realistically I think we win tonight, then lose to the Bucs and at NE, but win the rest.  I think they lose tonight and to the Colts or Dolphins, end up 11-6 as a WC in the playoffs.  We win the Div, get a home playoff game.  

We arrive at the classic intersection in the road tonight, its huge.  

The sad reality is there are still scenarios in which the Bills can win tonight and still don't win the division, make the playoffs etc.

But a loss is certainly a bigger issue since the Bills would be staring down the barrel of 7-6 with Brady and Bucs next week and probably looking at 10-7 best case assuming they would be able to sweep the trio of Panthers/Jets/Falcons at home which is no sure thing they way this team has played at times this year and the type of teams they've already lost to.

Still think at the end of the day this may not even be a playoff team this year.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

As a fan, the game that scares me outside of Buffalo is Indy. I actually fear them more because if there is one area the Pats D has looked awful at times it’s against the run.

Miami I expect a win, but again a close game. 

tonight? I think the pressure is on Buffalo. I say this because if the Pats lose (even badly) people just say “ learning experience for a rookie” or “hey it’s year 2 of a rebuild” meanwhile if the Bills loss I can only imagine what they would be saying. Also is there a chance the Bills come out flat after their mini bye week.?

I think when I say ‘the pressure is on the pats’ I’m talking more about competition within the division wise than them having more valid excuses for their fans wise. That loss to Miami you guys had early is massive so we are in the drivers seat for the tiebreaker within the division. We will no doubt freak out if we lose this game and the bucs game right after haha but a split with NE if we win the rematch is a big win for us…you guys will likely have to sweep us. 
I never really saw the pats as rebuilding…this very much reminds me of the year Brady got hurt and cassell stepped into a good roster and played well within the system. I think a lot of the hoopla around the pats is because nfl analysts stupidly didn’t expect them to be good in the offseason so this all seems like a surprise

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Still think at the end of the day this may not even be a playoff team this year.

The AFC doesn't really have any teams good enough for the playoffs this year, if the bills beat the pats then they instantly look like the team to beat and maybe one other team is the colts but still not sold on them. 

11 hours ago, DQW87 said:

I dare say this is the biggest game Buffalo vs New England ever. We've played some big ones, but I don't ever remember this much on the line. 

Well, I was in attendance at the Bills - Pats playoff game in December 1963 that decided the Eastern Conference champion. I dare say that game was bigger - and it was much much colder too, lol (21 degrees, relative humidity 77%, wind 11 mph, wind chill 9).  I also hope for a much different outcome tonight!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Don't know about you, but I hate the idea that the weather will have a major impact on tonight's game. Never was pro domed stadium, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I want visiting teams to dread coming to Buffalo in the winter. I want them to look at the weather reports and start figuring out how to mentally prepare for what is to come.

32 minutes ago, galept said:

I want visiting teams to dread coming to Buffalo in the winter. I want them to look at the weather reports and start figuring out how to mentally prepare for what is to come.

Buffalo's weather being the worst in the NFL is a proven myth.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

It would make TB a must win for the Bills I believe.. I could be wrong but a loss to NE and TB and you need to win out and hope someone else beats NE as well. 

Yes you wrong and nobody asked for your opinion 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Success said:

If we lose, this board will fall apart tonight & tomorrow. But in a month, we could be back on top the division.

I’ll be disappointed if we lose and BBFS will sink in a bit but you’re right, we could be back on top. As long as we beat the Falcons, Panthers, jets and pats the 2nd time we’ll be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

I’ll be disappointed if we lose and BBFS will sink in a bit but you’re right, we could be back on top. As long as we beat the Falcons, Panthers, jets and pats the 2nd time we’ll be fine. 

The #1 seed is still in play with that exact senerio.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The #1 seed is still in play with that exact senerio.

I’d even take the 2nd seed. #1 would be amazing don’t get me wrong, but having 2 home games in January would be a great consolation prize 

Edited by Breakout Squad
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, galept said:

That would be nice if WE exceled under those conditions, but we practice indoors, commit a lot of penalties, don't have a good run game, and rely almost exclusively on passing. Bad weather also increases the chances of turnovers, and we haven't been great in that area recently either.

In our last 4 games, Allen has turned the ball over 8 times. In the first 7 games, he only turned it over 4 times. Worse weather isn't going to make it easier. I'm not saying this to hate on JA or the team, rather that I hope for as good of weather as possible for as long as our team is built this way.

15 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Well… obviously we all know the “weight” about tonight game vs the Pats but after the sunday’s putcome it gained more and more importance. We are 5th at 7-4 and with the wins of Pitts and KC all the four ahead of us in the Conference standing are 8-4. 

Winning tonight would be beyond than huge… i can say crucial for our moment and season expectations. After yesterday scores tonight we can’t really miss the chance to regain the lead the Division first and the credit in the Conference and League. 

We are the better team ? Everybody here think yes, me too, but almost everybody here is really worried about the tonight result. Josh and company will feel the high stake too… i really hope they will be able to play in control of their emotion, using all their energies on the field playing a great and smart game, don’t having any regret at the end. 

The refs ? Well… let’s stop to think little and start thinking big, we can control our future tonight and playing a great game won’t let the refs control it. But we must play a very smart game, without stupid mistakes. 

We play at home, in our house, supported by almost 70k great fans, the very best in sport, let’s make this day a day to remember like the ones of the Marv, Kelly and Bruce time. 

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! Let’s make us proud of you guys !!!!!!!

Buffalo has no run game and this weather screams who runs it best wins.  So I am not with you that for sure we are the best team here tonight.  Jones has 3 RB to hand off too.  

1 minute ago, Bruce Smith said:

Buffalo has no run game and this weather screams who runs it best wins.  So I am not with you that for sure we are the best team here tonight.  Jones has 3 RB to hand off too.  

The Bills have no run game in games they did not run the ball. 

The Bills have 7 wins this year in games where they've rushed for over 100 yards. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.