11/21/21 Gameday Colts@Bills Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Man, what an important game.  

Spilled milk, but I wish we weren't in this position.  Every team has "what if" games at the end of a season, but I feel like the Bills have more than their quota.  I think we beat Pitt if they weren't game 1, Jax was the ultimate weird mulligan, and even TN came down to a half yard.

Not much margin for error, especially w/ this stretch coming up.  

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Spilled milk, but I wish we weren't in this position.  Every team has "what if" games at the end of a season, but I feel like the Bills have more than their quota.  I think we beat Pitt if they weren't game 1, Jax was the ultimate weird mulligan, and even TN came down to a half yard.

Could easily be 8-1, although every team could play the game of what if. 

My prediction is Buffalo finishes 12-5 and Pats 11-6

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Preparing myself for a vicious flogging and the realization that we’re a wildcard team.

Use a vpn or Reddit streams.

Reddit streams are hit or miss.  There are times when I can watch the game without interruption.  Other times I have to restart the stream every five minutes.  If someone has a better option I’m all ears.  Bills fans in Los Angeles need to represent too!

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The reaction is due to your "unacceptable" part.  They are playing 4 tough games, they could lose all 4, if that were the case, then yeah probably not even in playoffs.  2-2 could easily happen, as stated could still win division depending who the two are they beat.  But as was stated, if they don't so what, what do you play to do about it since it's unacceptable to you?

When you talk stupid, expect to be ripped!

Well are we a “Super Bowl contender” or not?

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

she looks gaunt this year.

Whoa that’s body shaming, friend. Women are allowed to be as fat or thin as they want . They’re strong, independent, and brave no matter what they say or do.

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Reddit streams are hit or miss.  There are times when I can watch the game without interruption.  Other times I have to restart the stream every five minutes.  If someone has a better option I’m all ears.  Bills fans in Los Angeles need to represent too!

I haven’t had Issues with streams at all this year. I’ll message you my go to’s.

Sorry guess I’m not allowed to send a message today. I’ve already reached my limit of 0

Edited by BassToMouth
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A better franchise would have drafted his replacement 2 years back

Why?  So his replacement can get killed behind that OL?  It’s a miracle that Ryan hasn’t turned into a vegetable since his OL turned him into a tackling dummy.  He’s a good QB when given some time.

10 questions with Joe B.  "You think Cody Ford is starting?"

2. A blow to ST (Kumerow inactive)

3. Will the OL give Josh enough time to hit deep routes?

4. How do you scheme to stop Taylor with Star and Edmunds out?

IMO, the Bills didn't activate Bryant or another DL because they view Basham as a part-time 3TDT as well

5. RB split?

6. Would you be surprised to see Bates at RT?

7. I feel like Jet sweeps and running side to side can help the OL a little bit today

8. So if we don't score 40 we are losing

9. Do we see the LBs over committing on play action again in hopes of selling out to stop the run like they did against Tenn? If not, how do we contain Taylor without crashing down on every play

10. Do you think they will use Dawson to help the OL block today?

3 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

Whoa that’s body shaming, friend. Women are allowed to be as fat or thin as they want . They’re strong, independent, and brave no matter what they say or do.

I haven’t had Issues with streams at all this year. I’ll message you my go to’s

I like  'em with a little meat on their bones, healthy and athletic.

3 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

I haven’t had Issues with streams at all this year. I’ll message you my go to’s.

Sorry guess I’m not allowed to send a message today. I’ve already reached my limit of 0

Hey thanks for taking the time. Hopefully I won’t have any stream issues today.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This team is soooooo cautious with injuries it’s like a horse hospital.

Right, that's why they have Cole Beasley playing on a broken leg and on (at best) a massive rib contusion (at worst) or breaks and Dawson Knox playing 3 weeks out from surgery on a broken hand that's still swollen

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Hey thanks for taking the time. Hopefully I won’t have any stream issues today.  

I'm pretty sure if you PM him, he can reply.  No promises though.  Works that way for me but I'm "different"

38 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

For sure I agree.

But the colts have way more dynamic pass rushers than the jets to say the least lol. Buckner is an absolute animal and Kwity Paye is playing his best football.

And Cody Ford may be playing which is not good.

I'm not saying they can't hold Up. But going to be a tough assignment this week for sure given some of the circumstances.

There is no doubt you have some legit concerns. That defensive line is good and they have been coming on in recent games. No doubt they are going to try to wreck Buffalo's OL. It's their only option because their secondary sucks. I have no doubt the Bills have a game plan for this team that will exploit the secondary and put up points. My guess is that there will be additional blockers. There will be plays designed to freeze defenders so they can't just blitz. Buffalo has had a couple of stinkers, offensively, but I'm pretty confident, they have a good plan in place this week.

• Like (+1) 1

Kinda feel like this Colts game is a test for the Pats coming up.  If we stop the run in this game and make Wentz try to beat us it bodes well for stopping the Pats and making Jones try to beat us.  If we can't stop Taylor and can't stop the Pats running game then both QB's will have a much easier time against us.  Star being out is worrisome.  In both scenarios I feel like if we stop the run neither of these QB's will beat us.  Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right, that's why they have Cole Beasley playing on a broken leg and on (at best) a massive rib contusion (at worst) or breaks and Dawson Knox playing 3 weeks out from surgery on a broken hand that's still swollen

I'm pretty sure if you PM him, he can reply.  No promises though.  Works that way for me but I'm "different"

Oddly they seem more careful with soft tissue injuries than bone-related maladies.  They almost ALWAYS err on the side of shutting the player down if it’s a muscle thing.

17 minutes ago, Success said:

Have to prove today those were the exceptions and not the norm.

7 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Why?  So his replacement can get killed behind that OL?  It’s a miracle that Ryan hasn’t turned into a vegetable since his OL turned him into a tackling dummy.  He’s a good QB when given some time.

I didn't say play the new guy. I meant drafting him and sitting behind Ryan for couple of years

18 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You can get a free 1 week trial for Sunday Ticket and just cancel after the game.

38 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The reaction is due to your "unacceptable" part.  They are playing 4 tough games, they could lose all 4, if that were the case, then yeah probably not even in playoffs.  2-2 could easily happen, as stated could still win division depending who the two are they beat.  But as was stated, if they don't so what, what do you play to do about it since it's unacceptable to you?

When you talk stupid, expect to be ripped!

Talk stupid? Nah.  Making an observation that the Bills need to come out of this 4 game stretch with at least a 3-1 record to show they are a contender is anything but stupid. 

Edited by Beast

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well are we a “Super Bowl contender” or not?

Yes I get it, but to say it's "unacceptable" brings on hostile responses, because again what can you do about it, start a petition to fire McD and Beane, hold your breathe to you pass out?  If he' had said "I'd be disappointed", likely wouldn't have got any heat for it.  There are still holes on the roster, last year with the exception of the D-line got away with it due to staying healthy, this year not as lucky.  You could argue they should have filled them, but need money to fill them with or would instead have other holes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Talk stupid? Nah. The reaction to making an observation that tbe Bills need to come out of this 4 game stretch with at least a 3-1 record to show they are a contender is anything but stupid. 

We all want to know…..if the “unacceptable” happens….for you at least….what exactly happens….Are you giving up? Burning your Bills gear? Renting a billboard on the 290? Picketing 1BD? Leaving the forum🙏🏽

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Ha!  These forum websites are funky.  

It's temporary restrictions on new members.  It's been pointed out to the Green Men that it would be helpful to explain what these restrictions are and why these are in place but I can only suggest.  You may have them as well in which case it won't work

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Oddly they seem more careful with soft tissue injuries than bone-related maladies.  They almost ALWAYS err on the side of shutting the player down if it’s a muscle thing.

I think hamstrings are a particularly tricky injury to manage, next to groin injuries, because they're easy to re-injure and aggrevate.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's temporary restrictions on new members.  It's been pointed out to the Green Men that it would be helpful to explain what these restrictions are and why these are in place but I can only suggest.  You may have them as well in which case it won't work

So I have to prove myself as a fan on the forum I guess..  maybe one day I’ll be able to enjoy all the things that make this forum great?!  😂 😆 😛 

But first thing’s first… 

GO BILLS GO!!!

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I sure hope the colts DTs stink

This is not the same Colts DL that gave us fits in the playoffs -  Justin Houston and Denico Autry were a big loss even with drafting Paye.

We know that Buckner is a total Animal. Stewart is solid, and can seize his opportunites if Buckner is doubled.

The question is whether Kwity Paye looked great the last 2 games because they were playing the Jets and Jacksonville or because the "rookie switch" has flipped for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1