Breida in Week 10!

BillsDiehard

Antonio Williams, while they're at it too. He at least showed something in week 17 last year. Moss and Singletary are at this point are both, at best, replacement level players. Can't hurt to throw another replacement level player in and see if you can't get something out of them.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Anything different then what we got at this point. Seems like we are trying to jam a square block in a round hole with Moss and Singletary.  The Oline is part of the problem as well, don’t get me wrong, but these two just lack explosiveness on the ground. We need a change. 

Edited by BananaB

How about NO!

What have you seen in Breida to think he would help? He hasn't been a solid player in 3-4 years. He couldn't crack a terrible backfield in Miami last year and he obviously hasn't shown to be a better options than Moss or Motor in practices this year. But you know his name from a few big plays years ago before a constant stream of injuries made him a shell of what he was.

I have said before and I stand by it. Our best option right now is to give Motor MORE carries. Let him stay in the flow of the game. Seems like when he starts off well enough they yank him and toss Moss in. Let Motor (and his 5 ypc) cook for an entire game. 

• Agree 1

On 11/7/2021 at 5:35 PM, Estro said:

Antonio Williams, while they're at it too. He at least showed something in week 17 last year. Moss and Singletary are at this point are both, at best, replacement level players. Can't hurt to throw another replacement level player in and see if you can't get something out of them.

The difference is that when Williams was in the game the Bills OL was kicking the crap out of the Miami defensive line.  He probably won’t see a matchup like that any time soon.  When an RB is first hit right at the lingo scrimmage, there’s not much more they can do.  

On 11/7/2021 at 7:41 PM, george c said:

WTH, there are ZERO gaps to run through for the running backs. 

Breida has speed to bounce it to the outside and is an excellent receiver.  At least do something instead of the same old same old that isn't working.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Breida has speed to bounce it to the outside and is an excellent receiver.  At least do something instead of the same old same old that isn't working.

That’s my thinking. 
Our current group doesn’t have the speed to get to the edge. Rather Breida can turn the corner or not is a whole other debate, but if he does it’s probably a really nice gain. If we’re talking running Breida up the gut he’ll be injured before halftime 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

How about NO!

What have you seen in Breida to think he would help? He hasn't been a solid player in 3-4 years. He couldn't crack a terrible backfield in Miami last year and he obviously hasn't shown to be a better options than Moss or Motor in practices this year. But you know his name from a few big plays years ago before a constant stream of injuries made him a shell of what he was.

I have said before and I stand by it. Our best option right now is to give Motor MORE carries. Let him stay in the flow of the game. Seems like when he starts off well enough they yank him and toss Moss in. Let Motor (and his 5 ypc) cook for an entire game. 

While I agree Singletary is the more complete back than Breda, where I think Breda can provide a dimension Singletary doesn’t have is in the passing game. What Breda does have is speed, getting him the ball on some of those over the middle check downs might help get teams out of the D they are running.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Lol. Opposing teams will never see that coming.

Breida in for his first game of the year. Wonder what the play could be.

Toss sweep right to Breida for a 4 yard loss.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

While I agree Singletary is the more complete back than Breda, where I think Breda can provide a dimension Singletary doesn’t have is in the passing game. What Breda does have is speed, getting him the ball on some of those over the middle check downs might help get teams out of the D they are running.

No, what he HAD was speed. He was blazing fast in San Fran. That I will give you. He has also had a multitude of lower body injuries since then. 

Also, because of his perceived "speed" everyone wants to throw him the ball. This is a guy with less than 30 receptions combined on the last 3 years. He has a single season high of 27 catches. This isn't a receiving back.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Most the turnovers were on Allen. But the one 5.11 Singletary wide open. Thinking Allen doesn't make that throw how slow he is. A faster running back likely scores or huge yards in this. Breida speed would of been very useful on this play.

No, Allen just made another poor decision. He's not playing good football right now. He's not making good decisions. Another big problem with Allen has been his read option decisions. He's keeping the football a lot of times when he should give it to the RB.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No, Allen just made another poor decision. He's not playing good football right now. He's not making good decisions. Another big problem with Allen has been his read option decisions. He's keeping the football a lot of times when he should give it to the RB.

Like I said poor decision's. How can the running game can be good when it is not? It is not good along with this o-line. Still stand by my words, if that was a different player besides Singletary who is slow as molasses. A big third down, wouldn't throw it to Singletary neither. A faster rb would be a huge gain at 5:11 in video. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

22 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No, what he HAD was speed. He was blazing fast in San Fran. That I will give you. He has also had a multitude of lower body injuries since then. 

Also, because of his perceived "speed" everyone wants to throw him the ball. This is a guy with less than 30 receptions combined on the last 3 years. He has a single season high of 27 catches. This isn't a receiving back.

So why did Beane bring him in? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Like I said poor decision's. How can the running game can be good when it is not? It is not good along with this o-line. Still stand by my words, if that was a different player besides Singletary who is slow as molasses. A big third down, wouldn't throw it to Singletary neither. A faster rb would be a huge gain at 5.11 in video. 

Singletary can make that play. He's a great open field runner. Allen has had Mckenzie in the flat and ignored him.

Allen is not making good decisions right now. Also we never commit to the run game. You can't run it a couple times a quarter and say well it's not working. Running takes commitment. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Speaking of which whatever happened to Yeldon? Where is he now?

Currently listed as a free agent as far as I looked.  His college pedigree makes him an immediate candidate for Pro Bowl nomination, and beatification.  (Well, according to some...🤔)

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

So why did Beane bring him in? 

Ask him. I'm not his press secretary🤷🏻‍♂️.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Singletary can make that play. He's a great open field runner. Allen has had Mckenzie in the flat and ignored him.

Allen is not making good decisions right now. Also we never commit to the run game. You can't run it a couple times a quarter and say well it's not working. Running takes commitment. 

This is 100% correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.