Bills want stadium deal done by the end of the year

BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He's growing on me.

34 minutes ago, BTB said:

I guess he doesn’t like the idea of “public meetings”?  Who cares what he wants?  If it was so important to get the deal done by years end, why wait until the 60 day mark to make this proclamation?

Because he was asked. But based on the article, this is a timeline both him and Hocul agree on. It's not really a conflict.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this thread is as good as any 

https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/hochul-wants-bills-stadium-negotiations-finished-by-january/

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Gov. Kathy Hochul said Tuesday that she expects to address a new Buffalo Bills stadium in her annual budget, setting an expectation that lease and stadium agreements will be made by mid-January.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

For what it’s worth, the wife and I took the tour of SoFi Stadium, home of the Rams and Chargers last week. It’s absolutely amazing! As we walked around I couldn’t help but think that one day the Bills will also get a new home, and these threads will morph into reviews of the new stadium’s amenities, sight lines, etc. Just like WNY, Southern California was sorely in need of a proper stadium. Bandaid after bandaid had been put on the historic, outdated, coliseum. With the opening of SoFi those days/years/decades are a distant memory now. I wish nothing but the same for WNY. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

For what it’s worth, the wife and I took the tour of SoFi Stadium, home of the Rams and Chargers last week. It’s absolutely amazing! As we walked around I couldn’t help but think that one day the Bills will also get a new home, and these threads will morph into reviews of the new stadium’s amenities, sight lines, etc. Just like WNY, Southern California was sorely in need of a proper stadium. Bandaid after bandaid had been put on the historic, outdated, coliseum. With the opening of SoFi those days/years/decades are a distant memory now. I wish nothing but the same for WNY. Go Bills!

I felt this way when I saw a game at Safeco Field after many games at the Oakland Coliseum. Safeco is such a beautiful stadium. The Bills, no matter downtown or in OP, will have such a stadium where we are all proud of the end result. 

"All proud of the end result". Who am I kidding! This is TBD! There will be complaints! Oh yes, there will! 

• Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

thats one end  of tax payyer # fleecing nfl corporate cronyism, then you have the monstrosity newer stadium where Jets play.  horrible 20 different ways-newer is not neccesarily better.  i hate vthe new yankee stadium too.  if we are building new stadium, it must be done right, with bills mafia tailgating considered imo.  its our ethos

58 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I felt this way when I saw a game at Safeco Field after many games at the Oakland Coliseum. Safeco is such a beautiful stadium. The Bills, no matter downtown or in OP, will have such a stadium where we are all proud of the end result. 

"All proud of the end result". Who am I kidding! This is TBD! There will be complaints! Oh yes, there will! 

There is a 3 letter acronym that will guarantee non-stop complaining for the life of the new stadium…PSL. 😉

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You think or know?

I've posted about this in a couple other stadium threads.  I typically hate when folks do the "I know a guy who knows a guy" posts, and my source is an iteration of that, so I feel a tad hypocritical making one myself. 

With that said, I am good friends with someone whose family is a long-time NYS political dynasty, both statewide and locally.  He's pretty cryptic, but he's been giving me updates.  Apparently, there's been an agreement in principle (essentially a framework) in place for weeks.  I don't know any of this myself, and he has no reason to lie.  This is purely what he's told me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Patience said:

I've posted about this in a couple other stadium threads.  I typically hate when folks do the "I know a guy who knows a guy" posts, and my source is an iteration of that, so I feel a tad hypocritical making one myself. 

With that said, I am good friends with someone whose family is a long-time NYS political dynasty, both statewide and locally.  He's pretty cryptic, but he's been giving me updates.  Apparently, there's been an agreement in principle (essentially a framework) in place for weeks.  I don't know any of this myself, and he has no reason to lie.  This is purely what he's told me.  

OK.  I believe you because I'm sure there is at least a framework and both sides want this done, and ASAP I figure.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Give me Seattle’s or Minnesota’s stadium. Don’t really care where, I go to watch a football game unlike most who want an experience. I prefer a roof but I don’t think that’s happening 

really enjoyed lucas oil /indy

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Patience said:

Does any of this mean it's done or does this just mean it's a line item in an unapproved budget that now needs approval from the state legislature which I thought I'd read isn't even going to meet to discuss until early next year.  I certainly think they will approve it eventually bu not before much grand standing and ripping of payouts to billionaires by some.  Fortunately most of the people screaming about this are from the same party as the governor so that will help make it easier.

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does any of this mean it's done or does this just mean it's a line item in an unapproved budget that now needs approval from the state legislature which I thought I'd read isn't even going to meet to discuss until early next year.  I certainly think they will approve it eventually bu not before much grand standing and ripping of payouts to billionaires by some.  Fortunately most of the people screaming about this are from the same party as the governor so that will help make it easier.

You can infer whatever you think from what I posted.  All that I know at this point is in my prior post.  If I hear more, I will update.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Patience said:

From what I’ve heard one of the lead negotiators on the public side is on the way out.   In a good way.   Getting a promotion.  That wouldn’t happen unless this thing was really close.  

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Do the right thing and build a dome downtown.

Without the state study strongly recommending one, downtown likely isn't happening.  I still say combine it with UB and use the extra funds from the state to make it bigger and put a dome on it.

Stadiums I wouldn’t mind:

Baltimore

Seattle

Stadiums I would hate:

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville 

I really would like a dome as I think the weather stuff gets old and it would be more attractive for other events, but I know that’s not happening at this point.  However, I can’t think of a logical reason as to why anymore 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Stadiums I wouldn’t mind:

Baltimore

Seattle

Stadiums I would hate:

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville 

I really would like a dome as I think the weather stuff gets old and it would be more attractive for other events, but I know that’s not happening at this point.  However, I can’t think of a logical reason as to why anymore 

Minneapolis. US Bank Stadium. Glass roof with walls that open.

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Do the right thing and build a dome downtown.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/their-town-their-tax-dollars-their-thoughts-readers-on-where-new-bills-stadium-should-go/article_c9452676-47bf-11ec-9bf8-13f454c38fa6.html

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If this game isn’t enough to convince TPTB to put a retractable roof over the new place….

This is all kinds of sloppy, for the third time this year and we haven’t even hit the cold yet.

As the effects of climate change hit harder over the life of the next stadium, we’re going to have this even more.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.