Gilmore released

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Wow. Oh, that's right, we need a whipping boy every year. Even a CB that was a pro bowler. If you thought he was average...

😄

People complaining about his tackling, when he played the one year one handed since his hand was in the club cast is hilarious to me!

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I dunno why anyone would want him back. He is super talented but has been a me-first player throughout his career. He will dog it in games if his contract is ending and will sulk and pout if he isn't getting the money he wants. Pass. 

I want him because he would make the Bills secondary elite. While Gilmore may be me-first, his me-first attitude and what the Bills want are aligned in the same direction, no real conflict of interest.

This could be a worthwhile splash move. The Bills passed on the Watt/Ertz moves. This could be it and I would be on board.

2 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

People complaining about his tackling, when he played the one year one handed since his hand was in the club cast is hilarious to me!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to remember that

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You just equate cornerbacks with cop killers. :nana: Gilmore was great here. This idea that he hated it in Buffalo was nonsense from the start. He did want to leave at the end because we weren’t good and weren’t going to pay him the money. 

You are seriously telling me that he played hard at the end?

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Wait, so you're saying we should draft more Mike Williams and Erik Flowers?!?! 

Mike Williams was a bad pick. I say it now and I said it then. In fact, my signature on this board in those days was "Draft McKinney" so no, I do not condone drafting overweight RTs with a serious ankle injury at all, let alone with the #4 pick.

Flowers just sucked, and we even traded up to get him but fear not....we also took Whitner at #8 along with Ashton Youboty and Ko Simpson in that draft. Those were our first 4 picks and we actually traded UP to do this. 

There were 3 DBs in the first 3 rounds. Were you fond of this draft? 

Edited by Bill from NYC

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

Mike Williams was a bad pick. I say it now and I said it then. In fact, my signature on this board in thos days was "Draft McKinney" so no, I do not condomne drafting overweight RTs with a serious ankle injury at all, let alone with the #4 pick.

Flowers just sucked, and we even traded up to get him but fear not....we also took Whitner at #8 along with Ashton Youboty and Ko Simpson. in that draft Those were our first 4 picks and we actually traded UP to do this. 

There were 3 DBs in the first 3 rounds. Were you fond of this draft? 

You have missed the point so badly.  

Putting words in each others mouth is the lowest form of argument.  i.e., if you disagree with me on this then you must by default agree with the following absurdities.  Why anyone would want to have a conversation like that is beyond my comprehension.

If I don't agree with you that drafting first round DBs is categorically wrong therefore I must want to re-sign Donte Whitner?!?! What relevance does Whitner have in this conversation? Why bring him up?? A bad pick is a bad pick.  

Anyone here remotely suggesting Gilmore wouldn't be a good signing is losing credibility as an informed poster.  Gilmore is a top 10 corner in this league still without question, and I assure you there are plenty that will list him top 5 still across the league who actually are on the field with this guy.  

Ive been quite impressed with Levi Wallace thus far (albeit his first true test, well for him and our whole defense) is coming this week, but through 4 games he has played excellent.  That being said, I would absolutely welcome Gilmore to the team if Bills had interest and he was willing to come back.  

So while I don't at this moment feel desperate to sign him, I certainly have absolutely no doubt he makes our team better and increases our SB chances.  And lets be real, our dominant D has looked sensational against inferior opponents, but the last time our defense faced a lethal offense it was atrocious (Chiefs playoffs last year).  And while our defense seems to be much improved with Star back and the new pass rushers out there, they have yet to be truly tested to have full confidence in our ability to win this weekend against the Chiefs.  

All that being said, I do doubt he wants to come back to Buffalo based on things said since his departure here, and I am not even sure Beane will have interest given how well our defense has played despite its not really truly been tested against a top offense and QB yet.  He will have no shortage of suitors, he is still a top CB who would immediately be one of the best players on the defense for whatever team he signs with.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I just said he wanted out at the end. ;) But he didn’t hate it here, he didn’t suck, he was great. 

Well, I am not doubting his talent. I did say that he was a waste of a top 10 pick and our record reflects this. We were playing with a subpar QB and an OL that sucked. 

Now we have a solid OL (which is getting better), a GREAT QB, and the best head coach and GM that we ever had (imo). 

I simply make the case that Gilmore was not what this team needed back then and we are doing fine without him now.

10 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

We have the #1 d without Gilmore.

Let him go jump on Brady's coat tails AGAIN.

We also played 3 BU QBs, and 1 that should have retired 2 years ago.  And the leagues worst offenses. (Just Saying)

• Eyeroll 1

He’s washed up, lost a step, won’t be the same after the quad injury, wrong side of thirty, bad attitude, a me guy, locker room cancer, lack of effort, and last but not least,  no wait for it…, not a process guy!!!

It would be kinda funny if he signed with the Bills, weirder stuff  has happened, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Putting words in each others mouth is the lowest form of argument.  i.e., if you disagree with me on this then you must by default agree with the following absurdities.  Why anyone would want to have a conversation like that is beyond my comprehension.

If I don't agree with you that drafting first round DBs is categorically wrong therefore I must want to re-sign Donte Whitner?!?! What relevance does Whitner have in this conversation? Why bring him up?? A bad pick is a bad pick.  

Excuse me, did you or did you not imply that I was fond of drafting Mike Williams and Flowers?

We have both been on this board for quite some time. Why the sudden need to get sanctimonious? 

A lot of people still bitter from him leaving, if you can get him here it INSTANTLY makes the team FAR Better.  This would be the move that could put the Bills as the clear SB favorite and people are still worried about the past, nope, sorry, just dumb. 

If he’s ring chasing and wants to start, Buffalo, KC, Tompa, Arizona are all destinations at the top of the list.  Carolina? C’mon, you betting on Darnold to win you a SB? Nah.  Baltimore? No thanks. Cleveland? Maybe and they have money.  Packers?  Do you believe in them? I don’t honestly.  Of the Legit contenders the Bills have the most cap room.   He would have to go second tier teams to find more cap room.   

Not only is there a shot, the Bills had better be gearing up to cut somebody stat.

3 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I hate Belichick, but the guy gets the most out of every defender. Gilmore went from an average player here, to All-Pro in New England. We'll see how he fares if they decide to start calling him for holding again now that he's out of NE. 

Gilmore was playing at a pretty high level his last few years here, and why he was highly sought after.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Anyone here remotely suggesting Gilmore wouldn't be a good signing is losing credibility as an informed poster. 

Why? Because YOU think this so it has to be true. I doubt that you are above error.

Really no need for comments like that AD. :( 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He’s washed up, lost a step, won’t be the same after the quad injury, wrong side of thirty, bad attitude, a me guy, locker room cancer, lack of effort, and last but not least,  no wait for it…, not a process guy!!!

It would be kinda funny if he signed with the Bills, weirder stuff  has happened, 

Based on what.

The fact that he didnt want to play for what was a mickey mouse organization when he played here.

Gilmore is a pros pro. 

Ive never heard a bad word about him, other than butt hurt Bills fans. 

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Well, I am not doubting his talent. I did say that he was a waste of a top 10 pick and our record reflects this. We were playing with a subpar QB and an OL that sucked. 

Now we have a solid OL (which is getting better), a GREAT QB, and the best head coach and GM that we ever had (imo). 

I simply make the case that Gilmore was not what this team needed back then and we are doing fine without him now.

Can only draft who is available. We took Cordy Glenn with our 2nd round pick, and he was/is arguably the best OT that went after Kalil was picked #4 overall. So equivalent to picking OL early.

Had Nix used his crystal ball and picked Russell Wilson in the 3rd (which was a stretch/risk back then at the time), then it would have easily been considered one of the Bills best drafts ever, even with using our 1st pick on a CB.

So with the way that draft played out it was absolutely the right thing to draft CB 1st, then OT and QB. We just missed on that QB.

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why? Because YOU think this so it has to be true. I doubt that you are above error.

Really no need for comments like that AD. :( 

Gilmore is still a top 5 CB in this league.

Anyone who doesn't want to bring him in, to me is still holding on to the grudge of him not wanting to play here when the bills were on their historically bad run of not making teh playoffs. 

No interest in him.  Not a team player, just cares about the paycheck.  It’ll be interesting to see how fast he comes back from his “injury”?  Or if that “injury” keeps him from passing a physical.

Would he make the team better?  Maybe a little.  Not enough to take on the headache he is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

No not like all NFL Players.  And I should clarify what I mean a little more I guess.  He is probably going to the highest bidder and the Bills can't afford that.

They sure can. 

15 million is pro rated to 12 million.

add in signing bonus roster bonus etc and you can get him for about a 3 million dollar cap hit.

Some cap guru on twitter posted that. 

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No not like all NFL Players.  And I should clarify what I mean a little more I guess.  He is probably going to the highest bidder and the Bills can't afford that.

So like all NFL players

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe if they werent paying josh Allen 45 million a year they could.

Tre White getting paid a crap ton. 

but we like Josh Allen and Tre white so the money thing is swept under the rug.........

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

Excuse me, did you or did you not imply that I was fond of drafting Mike Williams and Flowers?

We have both been on this board for quite some time. Why the sudden need to get sanctimonious? 

Yes, because I thought you might see how maddening and absurd it is to argue in that manner.  Instead, to my surprise, you actually wanted to continue to trade ridiculous non-sequiturs and discuss Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, and Whitner as if they were at all relevant to the conversation.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

They sure can. 

add in signing bonus roster bonus etc and you can get him for about a 3 million dollar cap hit.

For like a one year rental?  He is looking for a big long term contract.  He was whining about it with the Pats this year.  I mean, I guess that I am just speculating but that's what it seems based on both the team actions and Gilmores actions.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

They sure can. 

Yep I posted that Twitter talk in teh thread.  How you can get 15M under 3M and have voidable years

Just now, Scott7975 said:

For like a one year rental?  He is looking for a big long term contract.  He was whining about it with the Pats this year.

And in the offseason he was.  See things change IN Season, but you know that right?

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Based on what.

The fact that he didnt want to play for what was a mickey mouse organization when he played here.

Gilmore is a pros pro. 

Ive never heard a bad word about him, other than butt hurt Bills fans. 

Your sarcasm detector has got to be broken, right? 😁

• Haha (+1) 1