Gilmore released

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Marshon Lattimore just signed one of the richest CB deals in history and has only a $4 million cap hit this year.

I don’t think Gilmore will sign a 1 year deal. He could easily get a 4 year monster deal with cap pushed to the future.

I agree.  It'll be a 4yr deal (which is really a 3yr deal with a stupid big 4yr salary number that he'll never see).  Only problem with that is that makes available money this year really relevant.  You can't squeeze all that money into just two years.  I know the bonus can be spread to the 4th year and will be "dead money", but having the money available now makes your future numbers so much better.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Understood.  But how far in the future are you spreading money for a 31 year old Man Cover corner? 

It really depends on the market. If the market is strong I can see something that has a voidable 3rd year to spread out the cap hit. 

Mostly guaranteed. 3 years $40 million. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It really depends on the market. If the market is strong I can see something that has a voidable 3rd year to spread out the cap hit. 

Mostly guaranteed. 3 years $40 million. 

But you still are paying the money in one way or another.   Even if a team gives him the money in a bonus where they can keep it off of their cap, you're still using the owners money on a 31 year old who is coming off of an injury.  

Don't disagree with you that the cap can be manipulated.  I just am not sure how many teams are going to line up to pay him guaranteed money.   Feel like the most likely home for him is going to be Carolina.   

1 hour ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I hate Belichick, but the guy gets the most out of every defender. Gilmore went from an average player here, to All-Pro in New England. We'll see how he fares if they decide to start calling him for holding again now that he's out of NE. 

Wow. Oh, that's right, we need a whipping boy every year. Even a CB that was a pro bowler. If you thought he was average...

😄

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Bills can’t pay him $15+ million a year.

Good luck finding any team that can pay him 15M a year in season.  He will take a 1 year deal somewhere and prove he is healthy and can play at top end level to cash again in UFA in 2022

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

But you still are paying the money in one way or another.   Even if a team gives him the money in a bonus where they can keep it off of their cap, you're still using the owners money on a 31 year old who is coming off of an injury.  

Don't disagree with you that the cap can be manipulated.  I just am not sure how many teams are going to line up to pay him guaranteed money.   Feel like the most likely home for him is going to be Carolina.   

The demand is obviously a question. If the demand was high you’d think NE would trade him. So it’s possible demand isn’t there.

13 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

Do teams have to follow the waiver rules to pick him up or can anyone get him?

No Vested Vets are immediate UFAs (until after the trade deadline) then everyone has to pass through waivers

The demand is obviously a question. If the demand was high you’d think NE would trade him. So it’s possible demand isn’t there.

The demand for that Contract wasn't.  

Contracts can be changed easily in though.

Yeah by giving a new contract.  Non one was trading for that, and now no one will pay big money to him either coming off PUP.  He will end up taking a 1 year deal somewhere and try to hit another payday in 2022.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah by giving a new contract.  Non one was trading for that, and now no one will pay big money to him either coming off PUP.  He will end up taking a 1 year deal somewhere and try to hit another payday in 2022.  

That’s what I’m saying. Maybe the fact no one would trade for him shows he’s not likely to get more money than NE was paying him.

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I hear ya but lets focus on wins. How many games did he win for us and how are we doing without him?

Gilmore never wanted to be here to begin with, Screw him.

Jmo.

How many games did Schobel or Kyle Williams ever win for us?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

exactly.  Let’s have a little self respect. F this guy.  And we are fine in the secondary.  
I can’t imagine McD bringing this dude in. 

Yeah, I'm a pro bowl CB and Bills fans don't want me here. F you Bills fans. Right back atcha. Going to NE and whip your ass. And he did. Some here still hurt. Too much $, but I'd welcome him back. 

• Dislike 1

Look the reality with Him and Jaylon Smith.......

When I see the "experts" immediately say Bucs and KC will be interested, that tells me that WE should also be interested.  If SB Contenders are interested in these players we are a SB Contender right?

I suggest Fans get over their But hurt of him in the past.  If he helps bring in the Trophy THAT is all that matters.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1