Gilmore released

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It's going to take a lot to sign the guy.  He was essentially released because he wanted more money.   To me the only teams I see being able to sign him money wise that Gilmore would be willing to play for are the Panthers, Chargers, Packers, and Seahawks with the Browns having an outside shot.     He would need to come off of wanting a lot of money to play for the Ravens or Chiefs.

Cap space really isn’t an issue. This can be a multi-year contract and spread the cap hit to the future. A lot of big contracts can have very low 1st year cap hits.

Just now, Gisele said:

I'm guessing Carolina.  Baltimore doesn't really know how much money it has until they extend Lamar.  I don't see Gilmore going anywhere for less money at this point in his career.  

I doubt he'd be looking for a long term deal now, instead he signs somewhere for this season and hopefully produces at his high level and than is an UFA in the offseason and then seeks out a long term deal. 

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t think we wasted that much space on him all things considered.

I hear ya but lets focus on wins. How many games did he win for us and how are we doing without him?

Gilmore never wanted to be here to begin with, Screw him.

Jmo.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I hear ya but lets focus on wins. How many games did he win for us and how are we doing without him?

Jmo.

exactly.  Let’s have a little self respect. F this guy.  And we are fine in the secondary.  
I can’t imagine McD bringing this dude in. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Assuming his medicals are ok and he would buy into the culture, sign him ASAP

I could care less what he said on the way out, frankly it matched what most of us thought. If he can get us closer to the Super Bowl then do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Jmo.

He was excellent in his time as a Bill, whether he wanted to be here or not. But I don't see a reunion on the cards. KC, Baltimore, Tampa, Arizona all make more sense than Buffalo. McDermott let him go because he is primarily a man corner and the Bills play primarily a zone scheme. That hasn't changed.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Jmo.

Good player didnt want to be on a bad football team.

I cant really blame him.

Id welcome him back if it mean this team is better than it was yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gisele said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

This shows current cap numbers 

Marshon Lattimore just signed one of the richest CB deals in history and has only a $4 million cap hit this year.

I don’t think Gilmore will sign a 1 year deal. He could easily get a 4 year monster deal with cap pushed to the future.

• Agree 1

You ever meet a really sexy girl, and get to know her a little and shes a total unlikeable dbag?

Gilmore is like Scarlett Johansson if she was a holocaust denier.  Im not kicking her outta my bed, but i wouldnt be nearly as excited about it as i should, and shes definitely gotta go after i win my SB

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Does he make the Bills better?  Yes he does. 

so yes you reach out and see what the price would be, set your value, shoot your shot. If he accepts great adding Talent for a SB run. If he doesn’t accept ok just don’t come off your value. 

look at it Gilmores way. Got to a top end defense on a one year deal. A team poised to make a run. Show I am healthy and can still play. Maybe get another ring and land one more UFA deal after season. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Does he make the Bills better?  Yes he does. 

so yes you reach out and see what the price would be, set your value, shoot your shot. If he accepts great adding Talent for a SB run. If he doesn’t accept ok just don’t come off your value. 

I'm basically here.  Pretty good chance his agent tells us to pound sand anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

You ever meet a really sexy girl, and get to know her a little and shes a total unlikeable dbag?

Gilmore is like Scarlett Johansson if she was a holocaust denier.  Im not kicking her outta my bed, but i wouldnt be nearly as excited about it as i should, and shes definitely gotta go after i win my SB

uhm. What?

no you kick her out of bed. Stop sleeping w insane idiots. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He won’t come back to Buffalo 

when a guy leaves and goes to a Rival it stings me. I do root for the laundry so IF he were to come back Id support it but 

BUT he has permeated patriot stink on him  no thanks

lol

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

He never wanted to be here. He didn’t want to come here and he couldn’t wait to leave. It’s a much different culture here now but I still don’t think it would happen. Not in a million 

I don’t understand why any bills fan would want him back. He is injury prone, soft, gave minimal effort during his last year with us, wants to be overpaid, and basically holds on every play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cap space really isn’t an issue. This can be a multi-year contract and spread the cap hit to the future. A lot of big contracts can have very low 1st year cap hits.

Understood.  But how far in the future are you spreading money for a 31 year old Man Cover corner?