Raiders vs Chargers MNF Game thread

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Gronk’s acting in that USAA commercial is next level. I really feel the emotion. 

That Commerical is so strange.  At least in the Frank one, Gronk seems normal.

But, bigger picture, why is USAA using its ad budget to tell non-military members they can't have their product?  They should just tell military members why they should have their product...

Weird all-around.  :beer:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Justin Herbert is the 2nd best QB in the NFL, behind only Mahomes, there I said it. I'm objective and I have to call it like I see it. What separates him, IMO, is his consistent ball placement (a Greg Cosell term).  He has 80-90% Josh Allen's athleticism, is just as big, but his accuracy & processing are a clear  notch above.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Eh, only three teams with a realistic chance IMO. I guess 4 if you want to count the Ravens. 

NFC more wide open.

AFC: KC, Clev, Balt, SD, Bflo, and Tenn. 

NFC: Tampa, Dallas, L.A., Seattle, and Ariz.

No particular order. Not sure NFC is more wide open.

1 minute ago, Estro said:

Justin Herbert is the 2nd best QB in the NFL, behind only Mahomes, there I said it. I'm objective and 8 have to call it like I see it. What separates him, IMO, is his consistent ball placement (a Greg Cosell term).  He has 80-90% Josh Allen's athleticism, is just as big, but his accuracy and processing is a notch above Allen.

I'm not sure how seriously I should take the opinion of an 8 year old.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Herbert is 100% legit and may be the next really big thing. 

He makes all the throws, he's composed under pressure and continues to improve at an exponential rate. 

I think he has the most upside and will have the most longevity of any young gun out there right now. 

What Herbert's done in his limited career so far is just so impressive. His pocket presence and calm demeanor when under fire is really unheard of at his age in this era of football.

It's hilarious that Miami took Tua over him and I smile every time I think about it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

Justin Herbert is the 2nd best QB in the NFL, behind only Mahomes, there I said it. I'm objective and I have to call it like I see it. What separates him, IMO, is his consistent ball placement (a Greg Cosell term).  He has 80-90% Josh Allen's athleticism, is just as big, but his accuracy & processing are a clear  notch above.

He played 3 garbage defenses the first 3 weeks and threw for 6 TDs and 3 INTs. 

Raiders make it a fourth consecutive garbage defense. Jesus ****ing christ.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Estro said:

Justin Herbert is the 2nd best QB in the NFL, behind only Mahomes, there I said it. I'm objective and 8 have to call it like I see it. What separates him, IMO, is his consistent ball placement (a Greg Cosell term).  He has 80-90% Josh Allen's athleticism, is just as big, but his accuracy and processing is a notch above Allen.

thats quite a conclusion after one half against Raiders poor secondary unless u have watched more of him, then my bad

Herbert's great.

I'm not getting into comparisons, Herb wasn't this good in college, but he looks more natural at QB then Josh, but that's fine.  Herbert may be athletic, but you don't see him running as effectively as Josh, I mean outside of Lamar and Newton, Josh is probably one of the best dual threats of the last decade.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Deepest penetration?  These ESPN commentators are something else.  Earlier he said the Raiders defender brings the wood 🤦🏻‍♂️

He says that every week (deepest penetration)

I haven't watched too much Herbert, but he appears to be right there among the elite of elite. Does he have weaknesses he's not showing tonight?