Raiders vs Chargers MNF Game thread

26 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

thats quite a conclusion after one half against Raiders poor secondary unless u have watched more of him, then my bad

I've watched a ton of him and I concur.  He looked like this as a rookie last year, just much more consistent and more comfortable this year in this offense. 

Herbert is legit, all kid on the side, he is better than Allen...and that's OK. 

Marino was better than Kelly, but we were the ones going to all the super bowls. 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He says that every week (deepest penetration)

I haven't watched too much Herbert, but he appears to be right there among the elite of elite. Does he have weaknesses he's not showing tonight?

Whole lot of dink and dunk.  He’s yet to play a good defense as well.  Remember what Josh did the the Raiders secondary?  Plus his WR’s and his RB are pretty awesome.  I like Herbert, but I’m not ready to about him as elite or the elite of the elite until I see him consistently tear apart good defenses.  

4 minutes ago, balln said:

to me that ball is soooo underthrown shouldnt be DPI

they call taunting on waller for spiking the ball. then he does it again and no flag????

He spiked the first one on the Charger sideline so they called it taunting even though he wasn't even looking at the bench. 

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

I've watched a ton of him and I concur.  He looked like this as a rookie last year, just much more consistent and more comfortable this year in this offense. 

Herbert is legit, all kid on the side, he is better than Allen...and that's OK. 

Marino was better than Kelly, but we were the ones going to all the super bowls. 

i guess i look at it differently, both great with different strengths weaknesses like comparing apples to oranges or saying Eddie Van Halen was better than Stevie Ray Vaughan both great in their own way , impossible to compare and say who is better different people on different teams etc.  i am just glad we got one of the great ones for once

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

i guess i look at it differently, both great with different strengths weaknesses like comparing apples to oranges or saying Eddie Van Halen was better than Stevie Ray Vaughan both great in their own way , impossible to compare and say who is better different people on different teams etc.  i am just glad we got one of the great ones for once

Most QBs are better than Allen according to ToF.  He’s an OG of the Allen hate club!

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Football is not subjective.  You either produce or you don't. 

Different levels of production place you in different classifications. 

Are you elite?  Are you above average?  Are you a game manager? Are you average?  Etc. 

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Most QBs are better than Allen according to ToF.  He’s an OG of the Allen hate club!

I'm an OG of calling out bad play when I see it. 

When Allen is hot he's on fire, when cold...he's sub zero.  There isn't much middle ground. 

PS, I'm perfectly happy with his performance last season and this season minus the first two weeks. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

I'm an OG of calling out bad play when I see it. 

When Allen is hot he's on fire, when cold...he's sub zero.  There isn't much middle ground. 

PS, I'm perfectly happy with his performance last season and this season minus the first two weeks. 

Not seeing you criticize your boy Herbert on that last series.  Perhaps your jus a TAD biased.  And you are definitely not a huge fan of Allen!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Football is not subjective.  You either produce or you don't. 

Different levels of production place you in different classifications. 

Are you elite?  Are you above average?  Are you a game manager? Are you average?  Etc. 

Allen is elite and produces often👍

• Like (+1) 3