Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

Just now, Mark Vader said:

So we now have 5 RB's on the team, yes I include Gilliam as a RB.

Is Breida going to be inactive all season?

I thought about this the other day... who are the 5 inactives opening day? Let's imagine for a moment Hollister and Reid are back Phillips and Sweeney are on IR. I think the inactives are

1. Tommy Doyle (9th OL)

2. Marquez Stevenson (7th WR)

3. Boogie Basham / Efe Obada (6th DE)

4. Tyrel Dodson (6th LB)

5 Either Jake Kumerow (6th WR) OR Matt Breida (4th RB)

*counting Gilliam as a TE / FB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

with Reid’s expected return, the ONLY thing I’m concerned with is just 5 CBs. I get that the high number of LBs remain for STs. But we must be expecting a certain CB to join the team.

Sources from deep within??

That's the same number of CB's we had last season. Only change is Dane Jackson moves from the Practice Squad to take over Josh Norman's spot. He and Cam Lewis only ever came up if there were injuries last season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

My guess is, NO. Not all season. RB's get banged up and miss games, here and there. Also there may be an opponent or two, where the Bills like his style better, or decide to make all RBs available. I don't see him getting much playing time, with that said.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m glad they booted Fromm.

He’s the type of QB the old Bills would have hung onto and talked about how much he has grown. 

He's a QB3 is all trying to maybe, maybe become a 2. He looked somewhat competent in preseason as well. Why the hate?

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's the same number of CB's we had last season. Only change is Dane Jackson moves from the Practice Squad to take over Josh Norman's spot. He and Cam Lewis only ever came up if there were injuries last season.

I think we have carried 5 corners the last 2 seasons.

3 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Christian Wade still on the roster!

Also season ending IR.

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought about this the other day... who are the 5 inactives opening day? Let's imagine for a moment Hollister and Reid are back Phillips and Sweeney are on IR. I think the inactives are

1. Tommy Doyle (9th OL)

2. Marquez Stevenson (7th WR)

3. Boogie Basham / Efe Obada (6th DE)

4. Tyrel Dodson (6th LB)

5 Either Jake Kumerow (6th WR) OR Matt Breida (4th RB)

*counting Gilliam as a TE / FB

I for one do not want to see Boogie red-shirted for too long.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Hodgins is tough loss.  Giles Harris will play defensive snaps in the league this year.  And Josh Thomas probably won't make it through waivers.

Why is Hodgins a tough loss? He’s literally done nothing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m glad they booted Fromm.

He’s the type of QB the old Bills would have hung onto and talked about how much he has grown. 

I hope they bring him back for the PS ,just don’t go yell at the kids for walking across your lawn 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

So Wade made roster? He needed to be cut first for exemption....

IR'ed for the year when he already had an exemption through the pathway program, of which I doubt they'll extend for ANOTHER season of exemptions, has me wondering if this is the end of the line for him with a settlement coming.

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I would have included Gilliam as a TE.

speaking of which , hope we get Hollister back on the roster after the Sweeney switcheroo.

Becker makes to PS again.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I was kind of hoping they'd go w/ Hodgins. 

I love Beasley - but really hope they don't regret this.  With the NFL protocols, he could miss all kinds of time, just for walking by people.

Sanders more than competant in slot. Hodgins will be on the PS..or we will have a dude just as good as him waiting. Had some hopes for Hodgins, but he did not show enough to be "mourned" or make the squad, now its the harder road for him.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I love Beasley - but really hope they don't regret this.  With the NFL protocols, he could miss all kinds of time, just for walking by people.

So why didn't he miss a bunch of time last season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Harrison Phillips maybe?

I'm relatively certain.  We currently have 11 DL men (6 DE and 5 DT). 

It's not absolute, certainly (look at WR and TE), but the number of guys we kept last season at each position is a fairly rough guide to how many we think we need to keep this season

4 minutes ago, Success said:

That's why they kept 7 instead of the regular 6. Even still, he didn't deserve it over Jake Kumerow or Marquez Stevenson. They clearly outperformed him on top of being able to stay healthy. That said, he may still come back to the Practice Squad.

• Agree 1

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

Sanders more than competant in slot. Hodgins will be on the PS..or we will have a dude just as good as him waiting. Had some hopes for Hodgins, but he did not show enough to be "mourned" or make the squad, now its the harder road for him.

He should work on becoming a gunner on special teams. Those guys are untouchable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He's a QB3 is all trying to maybe, maybe become a 2. He looked somewhat competent in preseason as well. Why the hate?

Yeah. I actually don’t like it if they can’t sneak him onto the PS. Trubisky is gone next season, and Fromm now feels like a wasted draft choice. 

• Agree 2

Just now, unbillievable said:

Hollister may not make it back.

I can imagine a number of teams offering him a starting role (JETS).

I wouldn't worry about that.  He will get a bump in pay and he is Josh's buddy.

He has a good chance to start on a SB contender.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah. I actually don’t like it if they can’t sneak him onto the PS. Trubisky is gone next season, and Fromm now feels like a wasted draft choice. 

I mean waste he a 5th rounder?  Not a shock a former 5th round QB didnt make a roster with Allen and Trubisky on it.  

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

IR'ed for the year when he already had an exemption through the pathway program, of which I doubt they'll extend for ANOTHER season of exemptions, has me wondering if this is the end of the line for him with a settlement coming.

Not that I thought he had a huge chance to make the Bills 53 but I feel bad for him. He had that great first preseason. Then last year preseason is cancelled so he can’t play. The league changes the rules for this year. Then he gets hurt and can’t play in any preseason games. Feel for the bloke. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

So why didn't he miss a bunch of time last season?

I think the protocols are much more strict this year - especially w/ basically 2 classes of NFL player now, based on vaccination.

I hope I'm very wrong on this.  Losing 5 days for "close contact" just isn't good for our team or any team.  I'm not saying Beasley is the only one who runs that risk, but it doesn't look like the Bills took that into consideration at all.