#11 on NFL Top 100: Stefon Diggs!

Just announced. I think he was #54 last year. Fair recognition! Ahead of Tyreek Hill. 

Folks truly come to Buffalo to become the best versions of themselves (Beasley also made top 100 for the first time).

Now waiting for the 258 mill guy to appear in the top 10.

127 catches. 1535 Yards. Led League and yet this was his favorite play 

Great Player! GREATER TEAMMATE!!

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• IgotBILLStopay changed the title to #11 on NFL Top 100: Stefon Diggs!
3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

#11?? Guy won the reception and receiving title. As usual the Bills get slighted. I wonder where the previous years yards/rec leaders were placed. 

Relax.  There's going to be a few QBs, maybe 2 WRs, and All Pros at other positions in the top 10.  This isn't some huge insult.  It's top 10 overall, not top 10 WRs.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

#11?? Guy won the reception and receiving title. As usual the Bills get slighted. I wonder where the previous years yards/rec leaders were placed. 

They still have to place all the great QBs, Aaron Donald, Travis Kelce, davante, etc 

11 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think that is not so rare. I remember Antonio Brown was ranked higher than both DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones in 2019 despite having less yards and catches in 2018. I think Diggs also led the league in targets, which helped his stats.

That said, I will not disagree that a strong case can be made for Diggs to be in the top 10!! Ahead of Hopkins and Adams.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Agree 1

The finale of the Top 100 Players of 2021 will not air until Sunday, Aug. 29 on NFL Network, but we now know the 10 players who are vying for the top spot.

Following the conclusion of tonight's Top 100episode unveiling players Nos. 20-11 on the list, NFL Media revealed the players (in alphabetical order) voted on as the top 10 in the sport:

Green Bay Packers WR Davante Adams (2020 ranking, No. 57)

Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen (No. 87)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady (No. 14)

Los Angeles Rams DT Aaron Donald (No. 3)

Tennessee Titans RB Derrick Henry (No. 10)

Arizona Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins (No. 😎

Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce (No. 18)

Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes (No. 4)

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (No. 16)

Pittsburgh Steelers LB T.J. Watt (No. 25)

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes it is a penalty now

I thought I heard it was only a penalty if it occurs within the space between the ends of the offensive line (eg, between a 2 TE set)? I could be making that up.

Edited by Rubes

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Just announced. I think he was #54 last year. Fair recognition! Ahead of Tyreek Hill. 

Folks truly come to Buffalo to become the best versions of themselves (Beasley also made top 100 for the first time).

Now waiting for the 258 mill guy to appear in the top 10.

127 catches. 1535 Yards. Led League and yet this was his favorite play 

Great Player! GREATER TEAMMATE!!

I remember posting about that block! What a play

32 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I thought I heard it was only a penalty if it occurs within the space between the ends of the offensive line (eg, between a 2 TE set)? I could be making that up.

31 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't believe it is because he actually hit him above the knee. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-expanded-rule-on-low-blocks-90-man-rosters-to-start-training-

The new rule creates a tight end box

Which is 2 yd outside of each tackle.. and 5 yards down the field in either direction 

Outside of that box contact below the waist is illegal

He was clearly more than two yards outside of The tackle box on that block so yes it would be a flag because he blocked him below the waist

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-expanded-rule-on-low-blocks-90-man-rosters-to-start-training-

The new rule creates a tight and box

Which is 2 yd outside of each tackle.. and 5 yards down the field in either direction 

Outside of that box contact below the waist is illegal

He was clearly more than two yards outside of The tackle box on that block so yes it would be a flag because he blocked him below the waist

Thank you for that clarification.

This is more like it after the Tre White nonsense. 

So I'm assuming that makes him the #3 WR, with Hopkins and Adams left for the top 10. Acceptable. I'm further assuming that Davante Adams will snag the top WR spot because that's been the standard for about two years now. Is he really clearly that much better than every other WR or is that a bit of extra hype because of his career with Rodgers? I understand that he's extremely good, but when you put him in the mix with Diggs, Hopkins, Jones, heck Mike Evans, I don't know if I consider Adams to be the clear #1. I'd personally give the edge to Hopkins, and I think Diggs is in the conversation for #2 right now.

Edited by Nelius
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

As usual, fans have a complex. 

In the 2020 list the leading receiver of 2019 - Michael Thomas - placed 5th. Proof?!?! Conspiracy?!?! 

Well, no. That came after leading the league in receiving two straight years. After he won the receiving title in 2018 he placed just 13th in 2019's top 100. 

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

This is more like it after the Tre White nonsense. 

So I'm assuming that makes him the #3 WR, with Hopkins and Adams left for the top 10. Acceptable. I'm further assuming that Davante Adams will snag the top WR spot because that's been the standard for about two years now. Is he really clearly that much better than every other WR or is that a bit of extra hype because of his career with Rodgers? I understand that he's extremely good, but when you put him in the mix with Diggs, Hopkins, Jones, heck Mike Evans, I don't know if I consider Adams to be the clear #1. I'd personally give the edge to Hopkins, and I think Diggs is in the conversation for #2 right now.

Thomas was the top ranked receiver in last year's list at #5. Clearly he has health concerns and some issues with his team at the moment so he will drop down. The one thing that makes me leery on Adams other than he has always played with prime Aaron Rodgers is that he always seems to be dinged up. Misses too many games.