Roberts to Houston

Can't keep everyone.

Previous regimes would have spent $ on guys like this and let quality oline walk. 

Robert's was good, not spectacular. 

This also opens a path for MacKenzie to hopefully be back as well as open up another WR spot on the team. 

Beane knows what he is doing. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 4

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Andre Roberts expected to sign with Texans
1 minute ago, Tuel Time said:

I forgot about Roberts. Man idk how to feel about this one.

KR shouldn't be too hard to upgrade, he was good for us but I'm not sure he was game-changing good. Rather the dollars and attention be spread elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, glazeduck said:

KR shouldn't be too hard to upgrade, he was good for us but I'm not sure he was game-changing good. Rather the dollars and attention be spread elsewhere.

Plus he's getting up there in age. He's super dependable though IMO. I just can't see dedicating big money there anymore.

In that case kick returner is a big need. We don't know for sure if McKenzie will be back, and even if he is I still don't trust him to field kicks. Maybe we'll try to fill that position in the draft. I still really like Rondale Moore as a 2nd round target. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

He was absolutely game-changing good, and regularly put us in great field position.

But I do agree the money should be spent elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He was absolutely game-changing good, and regularly put us in great field position.

This ^

Roberts was the top KR in the league last year for anyone that returned 10+ kicks. He consistently gave the O good field position and only seemed to have made poor decisions a handful of times. Unfortunately we're getting to that point of our roster buildout where paying a KR top money isn't feasible.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

When I say game-changing, I'm talking like Devin Hester -- can score anytime he touches the ball game changing. No question Roberts gave us good FP a lot and was certainly reliable and trustworthy back there, but he's far from the only one who can offer that sort of safety net.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well, not sure if Bills made him an offer or not, but if this is true, good luck. Was great having a threat to take it to the house for a change. Since McGee I believe.

He's a good returner, but he never scored in two seasons with the Bills and he took it out of the end zone plenty of times when he shouldn't have. Still, he's better than average. The fact that it's a pretty unimportant position makes me not care so much, however.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, astb41 said:

re-watching games this year, he did a TON to set us up with good field position.  Hope we don't regret this.

I guess the Colts playoff game wasn’t a game you re-watched.  He was a good returner though, but his best days probably behind him.  Good for him he’s getting one more payday.  

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am confused. Should legal tampering period start at 4pm Eastern, which is in two hours?

It began at noon today, EDT. The first day to sign contracts is March 17 at 4 PM EDT.

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Plus he's getting up there in age. He's super dependable though IMO. I just can't see dedicating big money there anymore.

He wasn't making big money though. Thought it was like 1.3$ per. Unless I'm mistaken, which is very possible.