Roberts to Houston

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's a good returner, but he never scored in two seasons with the Bills and he took it out of the end zone plenty of times when he shouldn't have. Still, he's better than average. The fact that it's a pretty unimportant position makes me not care so much, however.

Yeah he did take it out EZ once in a while when should have taken the knee. And I get he was just trying to make a play. However scoring on KR/PR don't happen often at all. So that doesn't bother me.

And he gave Bills great field position many, many more times than not. Just saying I get why they moved on being likely he wasn't much of an impact at WR. He was just very reliable as a return man. I never thought to myself "hope Roberts doesn't muff this kick" and was always confident he was going to give decent field position for the most part.

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's a good returner, but he never scored in two seasons with the Bills and he took it out of the end zone plenty of times when he shouldn't have. Still, he's better than average. The fact that it's a pretty unimportant position makes me not care so much, however.

Yeah you're right about the bold though. Most of the time the touchback is taken anyways. But it is nice to have that threat though. And even though he didn't take one to the house (which hardly happens anyway) you just knew and felt at times it was coming and he could at any time.

4 minutes ago, WMDman said:

2 years worth up to about 6 mill

ok, thanks. Not sure where I was getting 1.3 from. That's still not too bad though, but I guess if you look at it like he's not a good WR, I can see why that $ could be used elsewhere.

Just now, JimmyNoodles said:

Not really upset with this. However, not sure I trust McKenzie’s hands. Opportunity for a draft pick who can do something else too, whether WR or RB. 

Yeah he was awful week 17 against the Phins... 

48 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

KR shouldn't be too hard to upgrade, he was good for us but I'm not sure he was game-changing good. Rather the dollars and attention be spread elsewhere.

How many fumbles did he have while he was here?  1 this year that I can remember.  His security catching the punts will be missed.