Round 1 Updated Mock Draft - Last Stab At It Before The Draft (Page 4)

H2o

I usually do a Post-Combine mock draft every year and then an updated version a week or so before the draft. This year there is no Combine so I'll do a Pre-FA Mock and then an updated version just before the draft. Everyone has their own opinions as to whom is deserving of what round they belong in and where about in that round they should go. This is what I got so far, pre-FA and most of the Pro Days of course. 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence / QB / Clemson - I think this pick is a forgone conclusion despite some people "liking" or talking up Wilson more than TL. The Jaguars haven't been stable at QB since Mark Brunell and that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Sunshine has all the tools you look for in a QB and will fit in well in the Sunshine State. 

2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson / QB / BYU - I hope the Jets do something stupid, like continue to believe in Sam Darnold, but I believe they take Wilson here. I think the kid is going to be good. This could be the long term answer they have been looking for at QB.

3. Miami Dolphins - Penei Sewell / OT / Oregon - The Dolphins continue to remake their OL by getting the best OT prospect in the draft. They got Wilson from Tennessee for peanuts to play RT and now Sewell to replace Tunsil, ironically with one of the picks they acquired from Houston for Tunsil. 

4. Atlanta Falcons - Justin Fields / QB / Ohio St. - I know they are tied to Matt Ryan for at least another year, possibly two, but how many chances do you get to pick in the top 4? Might as well make the most of it taking one of the top 3 QB prospects in this draft with a lot of potential. This also gives the organization the chance to bring him along slowly learning behind the guy who has been the face of the franchise for a decade+. 

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Ja'Marr Chase / WR / LSU - The Bengals need help all over the offense, especially on the OL. But the chance to get a WR like Chase here to pair with Burrow, especially since they already have chemistry, is too good of an opportunity to pass up.  

6. Philadelphia Eagles - Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. - Parsons is the best LB prospect in the draft. He supposedly had some off field stuff at Penn St. and is named in some former player's lawsuit against the school who is claiming he was harassed. Some people will say, "No way this high, the off field stuff!!!" or whatever. Either way, the Eagles see what Devin White has done for that Tampa defense and hope Parsons brings the same kind of life to theirs. 

7. Detroit Lions - Jaylen Waddle / WR / Alabama - Goff is going to need weapons in Detroit if they expect him to succeed. Waddle has that same type of Tyreke Hill explosiveness when on the field in that he can take any reception to the house. If he doesn't get hurt then Smith doesn't win the Heisman.  

8. Carolina Panthers - Kyle Pitts/ TE / Florida - This guy is Darren Waller 2.0 if you watch him play. He's gonna be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses and gives Bridgewater another weapon in the offense. Yes, I say Bridgewater because I think they end up sticking with him after not being able to get Watson. 

9. Denver Broncos - Patrick Surtain II / CB / Alabama - The Broncos have a need at CB and get arguably the best CB prospect in this draft. Surtain isn't the fastest CB in this draft, but he's polished, learned the game from his father who was a good NFL CB, and played at a high level at Alabama for 3 years. 

10. Dallas Cowboys - Caleb Farley / CB / Virginia Tech - The Cowboys biggest team need hands down is CB. Farley and Surtain are neck and neck for the title of best CB in this draft. Speed, size, athleticism, Farley has it all, but only had one year of top tier CB play because he opted out of the 2020 season. Dallas gets their Byron Jones replacement here. 

11. New York Giants - Devonta Smith / WR / Alabama - The Giants have 0 weapons on offense outside of the spotty hands of Evan Engram. When Barkley went down their season was pretty much over. You could argue OL help here, but I think they snag the Heisman Trophy winner who looks like he will make for an excellent NFL WR. 

12. San Francisco 49ers - Mac Jones / QB / Alabama - The 4th Alabama selection in the last 6 picks? Yep. To me, Mac Jones screams "Shanahan-type QB". He was extremely successful at Alabama with a ton of talent around him. But if you actually watch him play, he's not the typical benefitting from the talent around him type of QB. He's extremely smart, goes through progressions, makes good decisions, and delivers an accurate ball almost every time. I think the fit is perfect here and SF needs a long term answer at QB. Hoodie kicks his dog after SF turns in the selection. 

13. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashawn Slater / OT / Northwestern - The Chargers' biggest weakness is their OL and they take one of the top OT prospects in the draft to protect their 2nd year Franchise QB. 

14. Minnesota Vikings - Gregory Rousseau / DE / Miami - Minnesota had Hunter get hurt, traded for Ngakoue, and then traded Ngakoue. They know edge rusher is a need and get arguably the most talented one here.  

15. New England Patriots - Trey Lance / QB / North Dakota St. - No way Hoodie doesn't come out of the 1st Round with a QB this year. He's still pissed about Mac Jones going to SF, but takes a dual threat with a lot of potential at the QB position here in Lance. 

16. Arizona Cardinals - Kwity Paye / DE / Michigan - Arizona will be looking to replace the production lost via FA in Haason Reddick and Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger either. 

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah / LB / Notre Dame - JOK is one of those hybrid-type LB's who can line up in the slot to cover a WR, cover TE's like Kelce, attack the LOS, blitz off of the edge, defend against the run, and basically be out there for all three downs. He's good at all of those roles. The Raiders need help at the LB position and here it is. 

18. Miami Dolphins - Zaven Collins / LB / Tulsa - The LB position was definitely a weakness for Miami last season even though they had a solid defense all around. Collins is a big, athletic LB who makes plays all over the field. Flores is the one banging the table for this pick and gets his guy here. 

19. Washington Redskins - Kadarius Toney / WR / Florida - After Washington misses out on all of the top QB prospects they decide to get probably the 2nd best playmaker in the draft overall, next to Jaylen Waddle imo. Toney will make an impact in the WR room, as a KR, and PR if they choose to get the most out of his abilities. 

20. Chicago Bears - Christian Darrisaw / OT / Virginia Tech - The Bears needs help along the OL, especially at OT. Darrisaw will help to sure that up for them, though they still don't have a LT option at QB on the roster. 

21. Indianapolis Colts - Alijah Vera-Tucker / OT / USC - The Colts don't really have too many needs as a team if they get solid QB play from Wentz back under the tutelage of Frank Reich. They do have a need at LT though with Castonzo retiring. 

22. Tennessee Titans - Christian Barmore / DT / Alabama - Putting Barmore on the DL with Jeffery Simmons will be a problem for opposing offenses. Barmore plays the run well and can get after the QB from the interior. Tennessee could go edge here as well, but I think they choose not to pass up on the talented Barmore. 

23. New York Jets - Najee Harris / RB / Alabama - New York has an offense devoid of talent all over. They get their QB1 @ #2 and then get their RB1 @ #23 in the First Round. 

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jaelan Phillips / DE / Miami - With Bud Dupree walking in FA the Steelers will need someone else to line opposite TJ Watt who can get after it. Phillips fits that bill and slides in right here. 

25. Jacksonville Jaguars - Travis Etienne / RB / Clemson - How do you help the comfort level of your newly selected Franchise QB @ #1? You take a guy who was his teammate for 3 years and is a perfect fit for the offensive system you are about to install. Some will say this is too high for Etienne, but don't be surprised when this happens. 

26. Cleveland Browns - Nick Bolton / LB / Missouri - The Browns still have a few needs on the defensive side of the ball with LB being near the top. Bolton plays the position with a chip on his shoulder and you see it on tape. The guy loves to hit people. The Browns see him as a good fit and an immediate starter who will make an impact. 

27. Baltimore Ravens - Carlos Basham / DE / Wake Forest - Both Judon and Ngakoue are out in FA. That leaves edge rusher as the biggest need on this team, though some will argue it's WR. Even when Basham isn't getting the QB to the ground he's still in the backfield creating pressure. He'll thrive in that Ravens defensive scheme. 

28. New Orleans Saints - Trevon Moehrig / S / TCU - They have no $$$ to sign anyone in FA basically. This is how they replace Marcus Williams, with the best S in the draft who has a ton of versatility. 

29. Green Bay Packers - Terrace Marshall Jr. / WR / LSU - The Packers finally decide to get Aaron Rodgers another weapon in the WR group. Even with the fall-off in QB play at LSU this year he still amassed 48 rec for 731 yds and 7 TD's in 7 games without Jefferson or Chase to take any heat off of him. Imo, he is a star in the making. 

30. Buffalo Bills - Teven Jenkins / OT / Oklahoma St.  - Some people say that Jenkins is best suited for G in the NFL, but watching him I see a guy who can surely be a good RT in this offense. I also think the running game would improve as Jenkins is a powerful man who plays with a mean streak. 

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Alex Leatherwood / OT / Alabama - The Chiefs cut both of their starting OT's. This is an easy peg. 

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Levi Onwuzurike / DT / Washington - This team doesn't need much. I mean they just won the Super Bowl, but they could use another good DT on the interior to line up beside Vita Vea. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Solid.

the only pick that I’m really baffled by is Basham to the ravens.  Yes, they lose Judon and Ngakoue.....but Basham isn’t a replacement for them.  He’s almost 290 and would play DE in their 3-4 D.  Not much chance he could be an edge rusher in their system.  Ossai or Ojulari would be better fits imo....but I think they go OL this year.  Rashod Bateman would also be a good pick.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I think Leatherwood's stock is plummeting, also don't think Levi O is a day-1 guy when all is said and done. Like Ojulari better than Phillips for Pitt, but that's more of a style/scheme thing than a philosophical thing.

Speaking of Phillips, I know you didn't include trades, but MY GOD, if he drops into the mid 20s I hope Beane is burning up the lines trying to move up to get him.

Other than that, with the side comment that it feels a little 'chalk', nicely done...

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

I usually do a Post-Combine mock draft every year and then an updated version a week or so before the draft. This year there is no Combine so I'll do a Pre-FA Mock and then an updated version just before the draft. Everyone has their own opinions as to whom is deserving of what round they belong in and where about in that round they should go. This is what I got so far, pre-FA and most of the Pro Days of course. 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence / QB / Clemson - I think this pick is a forgone conclusion despite some people "liking" or talking up Wilson more than TL. The Jaguars haven't been stable at QB since Mark Brunell and that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Sunshine has all the tools you look for in a QB and will fit in well in the Sunshine State. 

2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson / QB / BYU - I hope the Jets do something stupid, like continue to believe in Sam Darnold, but I believe they take Wilson here. I think the kid is going to be good. This could be the long term answer they have been looking for at QB.

3. Miami Dolphins - Penei Sewell / OT / Oregon - The Dolphins continue to remake their OL by getting the best OT prospect in the draft. They got Wilson from Tennessee for peanuts to play RT and now Sewell to replace Tunsil, ironically with one of the picks they acquired from Houston for Tunsil. 

4. Atlanta Falcons - Justin Fields / QB / Ohio St. - I know they are tied to Matt Ryan for at least another year, possibly two, but how many chances do you get to pick in the top 4? Might as well make the most of it taking one of the top 3 QB prospects in this draft with a lot of potential. This also gives the organization the chance to bring him along slowly learning behind the guy who has been the face of the franchise for a decade+. 

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Ja'Marr Chase / WR / LSU - The Bengals need help all over the offense, especially on the OL. But the chance to get a WR like Chase here to pair with Burrow, especially since they already have chemistry, is too good of an opportunity to pass up.  

6. Philadelphia Eagles - Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. - Parsons is the best LB prospect in the draft. He supposedly had some off field stuff at Penn St. and is named in some former player's lawsuit against the school who is claiming he was harassed. Some people will say, "No way this high, the off field stuff!!!" or whatever. Either way, the Eagles see what Devin White has done for that Tampa defense and hope Parsons brings the same kind of life to theirs. 

7. Detroit Lions - Jaylen Waddle / WR / Alabama - Goff is going to need weapons in Detroit if they expect him to succeed. Waddle has that same type of Tyreke Hill explosiveness when on the field in that he can take any reception to the house. If he doesn't get hurt then Smith doesn't win the Heisman.  

8. Carolina Panthers - Kyle Pitts/ TE / Florida - This guy is Darren Waller 2.0 if you watch him play. He's gonna be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses and gives Bridgewater another weapon in the offense. Yes, I say Bridgewater because I think they end up sticking with him after not being able to get Watson. 

9. Denver Broncos - Patrick Surtain II / CB / Alabama - The Broncos have a need at CB and get arguably the best CB prospect in this draft. Surtain isn't the fastest CB in this draft, but he's polished, learned the game from his father who was a good NFL CB, and played at a high level at Alabama for 3 years. 

10. Dallas Cowboys - Caleb Farley / CB / Virginia Tech - The Cowboys biggest team need hands down is CB. Farley and Surtain are neck and neck for the title of best CB in this draft. Speed, size, athleticism, Farley has it all, but only had one year of top tier CB play because he opted out of the 2020 season. Dallas gets their Byron Jones replacement here. 

11. New York Giants - Devonta Smith / WR / Alabama - The Giants have 0 weapons on offense outside of the spotty hands of Evan Engram. When Barkley went down their season was pretty much over. You could argue OL help here, but I think they snag the Heisman Trophy winner who looks like he will make for an excellent NFL WR. 

12. San Francisco 49ers - Mac Jones / QB / Alabama - The 4th Alabama selection in the last 6 picks? Yep. To me, Mac Jones screams "Shanahan-type QB". He was extremely successful at Alabama with a ton of talent around him. But if you actually watch him play, he's not the typical benefitting from the talent around him type of QB. He's extremely smart, goes through progressions, makes good decisions, and delivers an accurate ball almost every time. I think the fit is perfect here and SF needs a long term answer at QB. Hoodie kicks his dog after SF turns in the selection. 

13. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashawn Slater / OT / Northwestern - The Chargers' biggest weakness is their OL and they take one of the top OT prospects in the draft to protect their 2nd year Franchise QB. 

14. Minnesota Vikings - Gregory Rousseau / DE / Miami - Minnesota had Hunter get hurt, traded for Ngakoue, and then traded Ngakoue. They know edge rusher is a need and get arguably the most talented one here.  

15. New England Patriots - Trey Lance / QB / North Dakota St. - No way Hoodie doesn't come out of the 1st Round with a QB this year. He's still pissed about Mac Jones going to SF, but takes a dual threat with a lot of potential at the QB position here in Lance. 

16. Arizona Cardinals - Kwity Paye / DE / Michigan - Arizona will be looking to replace the production lost via FA in Haason Reddick and Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger either. 

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah / LB / Notre Dame - JOK is one of those hybrid-type LB's who can line up in the slot to cover a WR, cover TE's like Kelce, attack the LOS, blitz off of the edge, defend against the run, and basically be out there for all three downs. He's good at all of those roles. The Raiders need help at the LB position and here it is. 

18. Miami Dolphins - Zaven Collins / LB / Tulsa - The LB position was definitely a weakness for Miami last season even though they had a solid defense all around. Collins is a big, athletic LB who makes plays all over the field. Flores is the one banging the table for this pick and gets his guy here. 

19. Washington Redskins - Kadarius Toney / WR / Florida - After Washington misses out on all of the top QB prospects they decide to get probably the 2nd best playmaker in the draft overall, next to Jaylen Waddle imo. Toney will make an impact in the WR room, as a KR, and PR if they choose to get the most out of his abilities. 

20. Chicago Bears - Christian Darrisaw / OT / Virginia Tech - The Bears needs help along the OL, especially at OT. Darrisaw will help to sure that up for them, though they still don't have a LT option at QB on the roster. 

21. Indianapolis Colts - Alijah Vera-Tucker / OT / USC - The Colts don't really have too many needs as a team if they get solid QB play from Wentz back under the tutelage of Frank Reich. They do have a need at LT though with Castonzo retiring. 

22. Tennessee Titans - Christian Barmore / DT / Alabama - Putting Barmore on the DL with Jeffery Simmons will be a problem for opposing offenses. Barmore plays the run well and can get after the QB from the interior. Tennessee could go edge here as well, but I think they choose not to pass up on the talented Barmore. 

23. New York Jets - Najee Harris / RB / Alabama - New York has an offense devoid of talent all over. They get their QB1 @ #2 and then get their RB1 @ #23 in the First Round. 

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jaelan Phillips / DE / Miami - With Bud Dupree walking in FA the Steelers will need someone else to line opposite TJ Watt who can get after it. Phillips fits that bill and slides in right here. 

25. Jacksonville Jaguars - Travis Etienne / RB / Clemson - How do you help the comfort level of your newly selected Franchise QB @ #1? You take a guy who was his teammate for 3 years and is a perfect fit for the offensive system you are about to install. Some will say this is too high for Etienne, but don't be surprised when this happens. 

26. Cleveland Browns - Nick Bolton / LB / Missouri - The Browns still have a few needs on the defensive side of the ball with LB being near the top. Bolton plays the position with a chip on his shoulder and you see it on tape. The guy loves to hit people. The Browns see him as a good fit and an immediate starter who will make an impact. 

27. Baltimore Ravens - Carlos Basham / DE / Wake Forest - Both Judon and Ngakoue are out in FA. That leaves edge rusher as the biggest need on this team, though some will argue it's WR. Even when Basham isn't getting the QB to the ground he's still in the backfield creating pressure. He'll thrive in that Ravens defensive scheme. 

28. New Orleans Saints - Trevon Moehrig / S / TCU - They have no $$$ to sign anyone in FA basically. This is how they replace Marcus Williams, with the best S in the draft who has a ton of versatility. 

29. Green Bay Packers - Terrace Marshall Jr. / WR / LSU - The Packers finally decide to get Aaron Rodgers another weapon in the WR group. Even with the fall-off in QB play at LSU this year he still amassed 48 rec for 731 yds and 7 TD's in 7 games without Jefferson or Chase to take any heat off of him. Imo, he is a star in the making. 

30. Buffalo Bills - Teven Jenkins / OT / Oklahoma St.  - Some people say that Jenkins is best suited for G in the NFL, but watching him I see a guy who can surely be a good RT in this offense. I also think the running game would improve as Jenkins is a powerful man who plays with a mean streak. 

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Alex Leatherwood / OT / Alabama - The Chiefs cut both of their starting OT's. This is an easy peg. 

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Levi Onwuzurike / DT / Washington - This team doesn't need much. I mean they just won the Super Bowl, but they could use another good DT on the interior to line up beside Vita Vea. 

Great post thanks!

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Solid.

the only pick that I’m really baffled by is Basham to the ravens.  Yes, they lose Judon and Ngakoue.....but Basham isn’t a replacement for them.  He’s almost 290 and would play DE in their 3-4 D.  Not much chance he could be an edge rusher in their system.  Ossai or Ojulari would be better fits imo....but I think they go OL this year.  Rashod Bateman would also be a good pick.

I had to look that up. I didn't realize he was listed at 285lbs. I thought he played in the 270's. If you watch him though he's got twitch and closing speed for a guy that size. You also see the functional strength he has when getting after it. 

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Solid.

the only pick that I’m really baffled by is Basham to the ravens.  Yes, they lose Judon and Ngakoue.....but Basham isn’t a replacement for them.  He’s almost 290 and would play DE in their 3-4 D. 

Do you see Basham as a possibility for the Bills?

Im not sold on him personally but some people are saying the Bills could pick him...

14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im not sold on him personally but some people are saying the Bills could pick him...

I do.  I wouldn’t be a fan of selecting him at 30 though.  If he’s the guy we want, I would try and trade down and roll the dice.  I don’t think he’d be bpa @30.  His burst is limited imo and wins with power the majority of the time.  The he won’t be facing acc tackles anymore.  I’m not sure how well his power will translate. 

I know a lot of people that love him and hope that he’s our pick.  While I wouldn’t hate the pick, I think I’d rather go another route.  He reminds me of Shaq Lawson tbh. A good fit on the left side, but not a great pass rusher imo.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, H2o said:

I had to look that up. I didn't realize he was listed at 285lbs. I thought he played in the 270's. If you watch him though he's got twitch and closing speed for a guy that size. You also see the functional strength he has when getting after it. 

I think he has functional strength....it’s just tough for me to gauge how functional it will be in the nfl.  

I don’t think he has much twitch.  Decent get off.  I wouldn’t list it as a strength in college, below average for edge rushers in the NFL.

While I’ve been watching more tape than ever, I’m no scout.  There are certainly several posters that are more qualified than I.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I feel our Oline will be much improved with the return of Star L.  I'd like to see us trade up and get - Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. and then bring Gronk in for TE.  It would solve a lot of weak spots for us. 

Go Bills!!!!!

would love to get Parsons.  Top 5 players in the draft imo.  Hoping he doesn’t end up in the AFCE.  That said, I can’t see him becoming a bills anytime soon

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Solid.

Agree. Equally don't think Kwity Paye is a great scheme fit for the Cardinals. I think he is the most natural 4-3 end in the class and the Cards are a 3-4.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I do.  I wouldn’t be a fan of selecting him at 30 though.  If he’s the guy we want, I would try and trade down and roll the dice.  I don’t think he’d be bpa @30.  His burst is limited imo and wins with power the majority of the time.  The he won’t be facing acc tackles anymore.  I’m not sure how well his power will translate. 

I know a lot of people that love him and hope that he’s our pick.  While I wouldn’t hate the pick, I think I’d rather go another route.  He reminds me of Shaq Lawson tbh. A good fit on the left side, but not a great pass rusher imo.  

I think Boogie is a reach at #30. I think your assessment of his strengths and weaknesses is spot on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

solid for sure.  I have Fields as my QB2, and I think the Bengals should go after either Pitts (a dominant TE like that is a clear game changer, then grab a WR in Rd3); and/or Slater (OT) from NW.  

I hate the Pats** getting Lance.  I hope someone takes him first. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the Milano signing, I can’t see us retaining Daryl Williams. I think OT at 30 has to be the play since we can’t afford to have a let off in play at RT. Protecting Allen and improving the run game has to be the priority. Jenkins kills two birds with one stone. 

42 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

solid for sure.  I have Fields as my QB2, and I think the Bengals should go after either Pitts (a dominant TE like that is a clear game changer, then grab a WR in Rd3); and/or Slater (OT) from NW.  

I hate the Pats** getting Lance.  I hope someone takes him first. 

Well I sort of hope they get him because I don’t think he’s gonna be anything special. Most people last year were terrified of the dolphins getting Tua and I was all for it. Never thought he’d be anything and so far I’ve been right on that. He’s a left handed Tyrod Taylor imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Yes, in fact it may come down to Basham or Jenkins. Jenkins could replace Mongo and Basham could develop and compliment AJE.

Now that Williams has resigned, change your pick at 30

23 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I feel our Oline will be much improved with the return of Star L.  I'd like to see us trade up and get - Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. and then bring Gronk in for TE.  It would solve a lot of weak spots for us. 

Go Bills!!!!!

Star plays DEFENSE

41 minutes ago, wppete said:

Almost certain we go DE or CB in the 1st round after the Milano and Williams signings. 

That sounds good to me. If we keep Levi,drafting a CB in the 2nd seems right.  With older DEs like Hughes and Addison it makes sense to draft an edge rusher early.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, H2o said:

This did not age well sir :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This did not age well sir :)

Age well? It was created yesterday, we've re-signed 2 people, and nothing else has happened yet. :lol: We still could very well take an OL'man in the first round. It will be Beane's BPA for sure though no matter who it is. 

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

Age well? It was created yesterday, we've re-signed 2 people, and nothing else has happened yet. :lol: We still could very well take an OL'man in the first round. It will be Beane's BPA for sure though no matter who it is. 

A OT could still be taken but it is no longer a need pick with Williams.  Williams is one of the best RT's in free agency, not old, on a decent contract.

I actually could see a G/C guy like Dickerson who is a mauler but can slide over in case of Morse issue

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I am not against taking a potential LT with that pick.    Right now that guy should be able to play some guard effectively though.    A lot can change in a year.....Daryl Williams has had ups and downs.......let alone in 5 years when Dawkins is perhaps no longer effective.  I remember starting a thread promoting drafting Aaron Donald and nobody was on board because they had 4 stud DL who seemed like they had many years of juice left at that time.   Two years later Mario was gone and Dareus was in a downward spiral.   The past 5 years we'd have killed to have that kind of player at such a critical position(pass rusher). 

The player they pick at #30 this year might not be able to contribute a great deal this year regardless of what position they choose.  It would be nice......but off-the bus starter shouldn't be nearly as important as becoming a guy who your GM wants to extend after year 3.

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am not against taking a potential LT with that pick.    Right now that guy should be able to play some guard effectively though.    A lot can change in a year.....Daryl Williams has had ups and downs.......let alone in 5 years when Dawkins is perhaps no longer effective.  I remember starting a thread promoting drafting Aaron Donald and nobody was on board because they had 4 stud DL who seemed like they had many years of juice left at that time.   Two years later Mario was gone and Dareus was in a downward spiral.   The past 5 years we'd have killed to have that kind of player at such a critical position(pass rusher). 

The player they pick at #30 this year might not be able to contribute a great deal this year regardless of what position they choose.  It would be nice......but off-the bus starter shouldn't be nearly as important as becoming a guy who your GM wants to extend after year 3.

Almost nobody lol!

15 hours ago, H2o said:

I mean your reason is/write up was Jenkins because you think he projects well at RT in this offense. The Bills just signed their starting RT to a 3 year deal. 

Had you said, “he can play OG or OT, the Bills have concerns at both depending on how they manage FA. Jenkins fills a couple needs” you would have been much closer. 

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Disagree here.

DWs contract is evidence they have confidence in him. They have other areas to address. And 5 years is an eternity re: Dawkins. 

I could see selecting Wyatt Davis @ #30 but not an OT. 

BTW, I wanted AD in the worst way.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I mean your reason is/write up was Jenkins because you think he projects well at RT in this offense. The Bills just signed their starting RT to a 3 year deal. 

Had you said, “he can play OG or OT, the Bills have concerns at both depending on how they manage FA. Jenkins fills a couple needs” you would have been much closer. 

Yes, but in my write up I also noted that some people see him as a G. Maybe that's what Beane sees him as and has him as BPA on his board? Who knows? We'll find out in a month and a half I guess. :thumbsup:

On 3/11/2021 at 2:47 PM, BuffaloFan68 said:

Go Bills!!!!!

I am guessing you meant D'Line

11 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

A strong edge setting and pass rushing DE would be the best plug an play right now that would add the most to the team.

Unfortunately, the DE class is kind of so-so and late in round 1 it will have been pretty picked-over.  At 30 for DE, I think you can find low floor/high upside guys like maybe Jason Oweh (who had 0 sacks this year) or maybe Azeez Ojulari - or you can find an edge setter like Carlos Basham.  I think you’re lucky to find as good a prospect as Shaq Lawson was this year and that late.

I suspect that there will be better players available at other positions than DE.

Edited by OldTimer1960
Addition
  • Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...

Alright, with dust pretty much settled on all of the Pro Days, trades that have been made, and FA signings at a snail's pace I will take another crack at this thing. Lots of changes this go around.  

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence / QB / Clemson - I think this pick is a forgone conclusion despite some people "liking" or talking up Wilson more than TL. The Jaguars haven't been stable at QB since Mark Brunell and that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Sunshine has all the tools you look for in a QB and will fit in well in the Sunshine State. *** No Change, this is a definite ***

2. New York Jets Zach Wilson / QB / BYU - Well, I hoped the Jets would believe in Sam Darnold and avoid taking Wilson. That didn't happen. I really like Wilson as a prospect and didn't want him to get drafted by the Jets. Here we are. We'll see how Douglas builds around him, but this is a smart move by the Jets. *** No Change ***

3. San Francisco 49ers (via Miami) - Mac Jones / QB / Alabama - So, in my first mock I had SF taking the same QB @ #12. He is absolutely the quintessential Shanahan QB. They must have known something I didn't to feel they had to move up this far to take him. But at the same time this team doesn't have many holes, especially getting all those players back from IR. *** No Change in pick, only draft slot ***

4. Atlanta Falcons Justin Fields / QB / Ohio St. - I know they are tied to Matt Ryan for at least another year, possibly two, but how many chances do you get to pick in the top 4? Might as well make the most of it taking one of the top 3 QB prospects in this draft with a lot of potential. This also gives the organization the chance to bring him along slowly learning behind the guy who has been the face of the franchise for a decade+. *** No Change.... I know they say they are open for business, but I think they stay put and take what they believe is their heir apparent to Ryan. ***

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Penei Sewell / OT / Oregon - After previous discussion with Gunner in the TSW Mock draft I began to think on this a lot. To me Chase makes a ton of sense, and I know Burrow is lobbying for him, but you HAVE to protect your Franchise QB investment. Sewell is as "can't miss" of an OT prospect as I can remember in the last decade. The Bengals just can't, and won't, pass on him here. *** Previously Ja'Marr Chase ***

6. Miami Dolphins (via Philadelphia) - Jaylen Waddle / WR / Alabama - Yes, I believe Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR prospect in this draft. Still I think the Dolphins make Waddle the first WR off of the board. Parker is an excellent possession guy and they have Preston Williams who has flashed a bit. Waddle already has that chemistry with Tua though and he is threat all over the field. Outside, in the slot, in the return game on occasion, whatever. Here Miami gets Tua that homerun threat who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. *** Previously Penei Sewell @ #3 ***

7. Detroit Lions Ja'Marr Chase / WR / LSU - Goff is going to need weapons in Detroit if they expect him to succeed (same reasoning as the first selection). Chase had a monster 2019 then opted out of 2020. There's enough tape on the young man and he looked excellent at his Pro Day. *** Previously Jaylen Waddle ***  

8. Chicago Bears (via Carolina)***TRADE*** - Trey Lance / QB / North Dakota State - The Panthers get #20, #52, and next year's 1st and 4th from Chicago so they can move up to take their QB. Some will say that's a bit steep, but not when you're competing to move up for a QB. Lance is a guy who is built to play in a city like Chicago. Windy, cold weather, snow, it won't affect him. Pace and Nagy also know this may be their last hurrah so they go b*lls out trying to save themselves. At this point, I don't think he would have any problem beating out Dalton for starting gig either. *** Previously Christian Darrisaw @ #20 ***

9. Denver Broncos - Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. - Parsons will excel in this Fangio defense manning the ILB position. He's athletic, knows how to shed blocks, is effective blitzing the QB, makes plays against the run, and he can cover. *** Previously Patrick Surtain II *** 

10. Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II / CB / Alabama - The Cowboys biggest team need hands down is CB. Pitts is extremely enticing, but Jerry doesn't cave to impulse. Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn are neck and neck for the title of best CB in this draft. Surtain played extremely well for Alabama for 3 years and against the nation's best in the SEC. Dallas makes the right decision here. *** Previously Caleb Farley ***

11. New York Giants - Kyle Pitts / TE / Florida - The remaking of the offense continues. Last year Danny Dimes had 0 weapons after Barkley was lost for the season. Now they've added Golladay and Darren Waller 2.0 in Kyle Pitts. Who knows how they really view Evan Engram? One thing is for certain now though, this offense is going to give opposing DC's some headaches.   *** Previously DeVonta Smith ***

12. Philadelphia Eagles - DeVonta Smith / WR / Alabama - Philly is rolling with Jalen Hurts this year and these two guys already know each other having played together at Alabama. This is the 2nd Alabama connection being paired up in the draft. Philly still has some holes elsewhere, but you can't say WR isn't one of them. Adding one of the top prospects who won the Heisman is a nice get. *** Previously Micah Parsons @ #6 ***

13. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashawn Slater / OT / Northwestern - The Chargers' biggest weakness is their OL and they take one of the top OT prospects in the draft to protect their 2nd year Franchise QB. *** No Change ***

14. Minnesota Vikings - Jaelan Phillips / DE / Miami - Minnesota had Hunter get hurt, traded for Ngakoue, and then traded Ngakoue. They know edge rusher is a need and get an excellent prospect here. Phillips already put a good year of film together in Miami after taking a year off. Size, speed, a blend of moves, good bend off of the edge, and he plays the run well. You really couldn't ask for much more even though you don't like the thought of head injuries derailing him. Minnesota thinks the talent is well worth the risk. *** Previously Gregory Rousseau ***

15. New England Patriots - Alijah Vera-Tucker / OT / USC - How pissed is The Hoodie right now? None of the top 5 QB's landed on his roster. Now he's looking at taking a guy in the next tier like Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask. Either way, they lose Joe Thuney in FA and take a guy who can be an immediate starter in his stead. AVT has played both LG and OT in college, which is a staple of all of NE's OL'man. *** Previously Trey Lance ***

16. Arizona Cardinals - Azeez Ojulari / DE-OLB / Georgia - Arizona will be looking to replace the production lost via FA in Haason Reddick and Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger either. Ojulari had an insane pass rush win rate this year for Georgia at 24.3% and will fit into this Arizona scheme well. *** Previously Kwity Paye ***

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Jaycee Horn / CB / South Carolina - Mayock is a former DB and is all over this pick. Horn has everything you look for in a shutdown CB. The Raiders' defense has been the weakest link for quite some time and this is a move to improve from that. *** Previously Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah ***

18. Miami Dolphins - Zaven Collins / LB / Tulsa - The LB position was definitely a weakness for Miami last season even though they had a solid defense all around. Collins is a big, athletic LB who makes plays all over the field. I still see Flores being all for this pick even with a couple of different players on the board this time. *** No Change *** 

19. Washington Football Team - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah / LB / Notre Dame - After missing out on the top QB's they turn to the defense to upgrade. Washington has an excellent front four, but they need some help at LB. JOK would be the Swiss Army Knife that Rivera could deploy just like Thomas Davis in his Carolina Panthers days. He covers, plays the run, and can get after the QB when his number is dialed up on the blitz. *** Previously Kadarius Toney ***

20. Carolina Panthers (via Chicago) - Christian Darrisaw / OT / Virginia Tech - Two things Sam Darnold didn't have much in the way of in NY was weapons or protection. With Moore, Anderson, and McCaffrey he's probably already better off than he was in NY, but now Carolina works on the protection aspect. *** Previously Kyle Pitts @ #8 ***

21. Indianapolis Colts - Liam Eichenberg / OT / Notre Dame - Yep, moving Eichenberg up into the 1st Round in this one. The Colts don't really have too many needs as a team if they get solid QB play from Wentz back under the tutelage of Frank Reich. They do have a need at LT though with Castonzo retiring. I know some people question Eichenberg's athleticism to play LT in the NFL, but giving up no sacks since 9/29/2018 and only 4 QB hits tells me he can get it done. Couple that with the fact he will be lined up beside arguably the best G in the NFL in Quenton Nelson (fellow ND alum) and I think he will be just fine. *** Previously Alijah Vera-Tucker *** 

22. Tennessee Titans - Kadarius toney / WR / Florida - The Titans currently have AJ Brown and no one really. Toney adds another playmaker to the WR group and can also be used as a returner. Tannehill needs guys who can make plays if you want the offense to keep rolling and they lost two of them in FA. Toney is a step in the right direction. *** Previously Christian Barmore ***

23. New York Jets - Najee Harris / RB / Alabama - New York has an offense devoid of talent all over. They get their QB1 @ #2 and then get their RB1 @ #23 in the First Round. *** No Change, I still see this happening *** 

24. Pittsburgh Steelers Kwity Paye / DE / Michigan - With Bud Dupree walking in FA the Steelers will need someone else to line opposite TJ Watt who can get after it. Paye fits that bill and slides in right here. *** Previously Jaelan Phillips ***

25. Jacksonville Jaguars Travis Etienne / RB / Clemson - How do you help the comfort level of your newly selected Franchise QB @ #1? You take a guy who was his teammate for 3 years and is a perfect fit for the offensive system you are about to install. Some will say this is too high for Etienne, but don't be surprised when this happens. *** No Change, same as with Harris to the Jets ***

26. Cleveland Browns - Gregory Rousseau / DE / Miami - You see it in FA that the Browns are still looking for the right compliment for Myles Garrett. Clowney is not the answer, nor is McKinley. Rousseau on the other hand will be. Freakish size and length with huge numbers in 2019, but opted out in 2020. The potential dominance is too enticing to pass up. *** Previously Nick Bolton ***

27. Baltimore Ravens - Joseph Ossai / DE-OLB / Texas - Both Judon and Ngakoue left in FA. That leaves edge rusher as the biggest need on this team, though some will argue it's WR. Ossai fits more of what Baltimore looks for in their edge defenders, though Jason Oweh was considered here. He can get after the QB and drop into Zone when necessary. He lands in a great spot to maximize his abilities as a stand up rusher in a 3-4 Defense. *** Previously Carlos Basham ***

28. New Orleans Saints - Christian Barmore / DT / Alabama - The Saints lost Sheldon Rankins and Malcolm Brown in FA. Here they get to add one of the best DT's in the draft who is seemingly handed to them @ #28. *** Previously Trevon Moehrig *** 

29. Green Bay Packers Terrace Marshall Jr. / WR / LSU - The Packers finally decide to get Aaron Rodgers another weapon in the WR group. Even with the fall-off in QB play at LSU this year he still amassed 48 rec for 731 yds and 7 TD's in 7 games without Jefferson or Chase to take any heat off of him. Imo, he is a star in the making. *** No Change ***

30. Buffalo Bills - Caleb Farley / CB / Virginia Tech  - The way the board played out allowed Farley to fall right into our lap. To have Farley opposite Tre would be outstanding and possibly give us the best Secondary in the league. I thought long and hard about taking Moehrig here as he epitomizes "Process" and is an excellent player in his own right, but a legit #1b (notice I said 1b, not #2) CB is too good to pass up. *** Previously Teven Jenkins ***

31. Kansas City Chiefs Alex Leatherwood / OT / Alabama - The Chiefs cut both of their starting OT's. This is an easy peg. *** No Change ***

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Teven Jenkins / OT / Oklahoma St. - What do you give the team that just won the SB? Another scrappy as hell OL'man who has positional flexibility. Jenkens will play OG, but can play OT if someone goes down with an injury. Keeping Tom Brady clean is the formula for success on offense in Tampa. *** Previously Levi Onwuzurike *** 

• Like (+1) 5

• H2o changed the title to Round 1 Updated Mock Draft - Post FA and Pro Days (Page 2)
13 minutes ago, H2o said:

Alright, with dust pretty much settled on all of the Pro Days, trades that have been made, and FA signings at a snail's pace I will take another crack at this thing. Lots of changes this go around.  

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence / QB / Clemson - I think this pick is a forgone conclusion despite some people "liking" or talking up Wilson more than TL. The Jaguars haven't been stable at QB since Mark Brunell and that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Sunshine has all the tools you look for in a QB and will fit in well in the Sunshine State. *** No Change, this is a definite ***

2. New York Jets Zach Wilson / QB / BYU - Well, I hoped the Jets would believe in Sam Darnold and avoid taking Wilson. That didn't happen. I really like Wilson as a prospect and didn't want him to get drafted by the Jets. Here we are. We'll see how Douglas builds around him, but this is a smart move by the Jets. *** No Change ***

3. San Francisco 49ers (via Miami) - Mac Jones / QB / Alabama - So, in my first mock I had SF taking the same QB @ #12. He is absolutely the quintessential Shanahan QB. They must have known something I didn't to feel they had to move up this far to take him. But at the same time this team doesn't have many holes, especially getting all those players back from IR. *** No Change in pick, only draft slot ***

4. Atlanta Falcons Justin Fields / QB / Ohio St. - I know they are tied to Matt Ryan for at least another year, possibly two, but how many chances do you get to pick in the top 4? Might as well make the most of it taking one of the top 3 QB prospects in this draft with a lot of potential. This also gives the organization the chance to bring him along slowly learning behind the guy who has been the face of the franchise for a decade+. *** No Change.... I know they say they are open for business, but I think they stay put and take what they believe is their heir apparent to Ryan. ***

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Penei Sewell / OT / Oregon - After previous discussion with Gunner in the TSW Mock draft I began to think on this a lot. To me Chase makes a ton of sense, and I know Burrow is lobbying for him, but you HAVE to protect your Franchise QB investment. Sewell is as "can't miss" of an OT prospect as I can remember in the last decade. The Bengals just can't, and won't, pass on him here. *** Previously Ja'Marr Chase ***

6. Miami Dolphins (via Philadelphia) - Jaylen Waddle / WR / Alabama - Yes, I believe Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR prospect in this draft. Still I think the Dolphins make Waddle the first WR off of the board. Parker is an excellent possession guy and they have Preston Williams who has flashed a bit. Waddle already has that chemistry with Tua though and he is threat all over the field. Outside, in the slot, in the return game on occasion, whatever. Here Miami gets Tua that homerun threat who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. *** Previously Penei Sewell @ #3 ***

7. Detroit Lions Ja'Marr Chase / WR / LSU - Goff is going to need weapons in Detroit if they expect him to succeed (same reasoning as the first selection). Chase had a monster 2019 then opted out of 2020. There's enough tape on the young man and he looked excellent at his Pro Day. *** Previously Jaylen Waddle ***  

8. Chicago Bears (via Carolina)***TRADE*** - Trey Lance / QB / North Dakota State - The Panthers get #20, #52, and next year's 1st and 4th from Chicago so they can move up to take their QB. Some will say that's a bit steep, but not when you're competing to move up for a QB. Lance is a guy who is built to play in a city like Chicago. Windy, cold weather, snow, it won't affect him. Pace and Nagy also know this may be their last hurrah so they go b*lls out trying to save themselves. At this point, I don't think he would have any problem beating out Dalton for starting gig either. *** Previously Christian Darrisaw @ #20 ***

9. Denver Broncos - Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. - Parsons will excel in this Fangio defense manning the ILB position. He's athletic, knows how to shed blocks, is effective blitzing the QB, makes plays against the run, and he can cover. *** Previously Patrick Surtain II *** 

10. Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II / CB / Alabama - The Cowboys biggest team need hands down is CB. Pitts is extremely enticing, but Jerry doesn't cave to impulse. Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn are neck and neck for the title of best CB in this draft. Surtain played extremely well for Alabama for 3 years and against the nation's best in the SEC. Dallas makes the right decision here. *** Previously Caleb Farley ***

11. New York Giants - Kyle Pitts / TE / Florida - The remaking of the offense continues. Last year Danny Dimes had 0 weapons after Barkley was lost for the season. Now they've added Golladay and Darren Waller 2.0 in Kyle Pitts. Who knows how they really view Evan Engram? One thing is for certain now though, this offense is going to give opposing DC's some headaches.   *** Previously DeVonta Smith ***

12. Philadelphia Eagles - DeVonta Smith / WR / Alabama - Philly is rolling with Jalen Hurts this year and these two guys already know each other having played together at Alabama. This is the 2nd Alabama connection being paired up in the draft. Philly still has some holes elsewhere, but you can't say WR isn't one of them. Adding one of the top prospects who won the Heisman is a nice get. *** Previously Micah Parsons @ #6 ***

13. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashawn Slater / OT / Northwestern - The Chargers' biggest weakness is their OL and they take one of the top OT prospects in the draft to protect their 2nd year Franchise QB. *** No Change ***

14. Minnesota Vikings - Jaelan Phillips / DE / Miami - Minnesota had Hunter get hurt, traded for Ngakoue, and then traded Ngakoue. They know edge rusher is a need and get an excellent prospect here. Phillips already put a good year of film together in Miami after taking a year off. Size, speed, a blend of moves, good bend off of the edge, and he plays the run well. You really couldn't ask for much more even though you don't like the thought of head injuries derailing him. Minnesota thinks the talent is well worth the risk. *** Previously Gregory Rousseau ***

15. New England Patriots - Alijah Vera-Tucker / OT / USC - How pissed is The Hoodie right now? None of the top 5 QB's landed on his roster. Now he's looking at taking a guy in the next tier like Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask. Either way, they lose Joe Thuney in FA and take a guy who can be an immediate starter in his stead. AVT has played both LG and OT in college, which is a staple of all of NE's OL'man. *** Previously Trey Lance ***

16. Arizona Cardinals - Azeez Ojulari / DE-OLB / Georgia - Arizona will be looking to replace the production lost via FA in Haason Reddick and Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger either. Ojulari had an insane pass rush win rate this year for Georgia at 24.3% and will fit into this Arizona scheme well. *** Previously Kwity Paye ***

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Jaycee Horn / CB / South Carolina - Mayock is a former DB and is all over this pick. Horn has everything you look for in a shutdown CB. The Raiders' defense has been the weakest link for quite some time and this is a move to improve from that. *** Previously Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah ***

18. Miami Dolphins - Zaven Collins / LB / Tulsa - The LB position was definitely a weakness for Miami last season even though they had a solid defense all around. Collins is a big, athletic LB who makes plays all over the field. I still see Flores being all for this pick even with a couple of different players on the board this time. *** No Change *** 

19. Washington Football Team - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah / LB / Notre Dame - After missing out on the top QB's they turn to the defense to upgrade. Washington has an excellent front four, but they need some help at LB. JOK would be the Swiss Army Knife that Rivera could deploy just like Thomas Davis in his Carolina Panthers days. He covers, plays the run, and can get after the QB when his number is dialed up on the blitz. *** Previously Kadarius Toney ***

20. Carolina Panthers (via Chicago) - Christian Darrisaw / OT / Virginia Tech - Two things Sam Darnold didn't have much in the way of in NY was weapons or protection. With Moore, Anderson, and McCaffrey he's probably already better off than he was in NY, but now Carolina works on the protection aspect. *** Previously Kyle Pitts @ #8 ***

21. Indianapolis Colts - Liam Eichenberg / OT / Notre Dame - Yep, moving Eichenberg up into the 1st Round in this one. The Colts don't really have too many needs as a team if they get solid QB play from Wentz back under the tutelage of Frank Reich. They do have a need at LT though with Castonzo retiring. I know some people question Eichenberg's athleticism to play LT in the NFL, but giving up no sacks since 9/29/2018 and only 4 QB hits tells me he can get it done. Couple that with the fact he will be lined up beside arguably the best G in the NFL in Quenton Nelson (fellow ND alum) and I think he will be just fine. *** Previously Alijah Vera-Tucker *** 

22. Tennessee Titans - Kadarius toney / WR / Florida - The Titans currently have AJ Brown and no one really. Toney adds another playmaker to the WR group and can also be used as a returner. Tannehill needs guys who can make plays if you want the offense to keep rolling and they lost two of them in FA. Toney is a step in the right direction. *** Previously Christian Barmore ***

23. New York Jets - Najee Harris / RB / Alabama - New York has an offense devoid of talent all over. They get their QB1 @ #2 and then get their RB1 @ #23 in the First Round. *** No Change, I still see this happening *** 

24. Pittsburgh Steelers Kwity Paye / DE / Michigan - With Bud Dupree walking in FA the Steelers will need someone else to line opposite TJ Watt who can get after it. Paye fits that bill and slides in right here. *** Previously Jaelan Phillips ***

25. Jacksonville Jaguars Travis Etienne / RB / Clemson - How do you help the comfort level of your newly selected Franchise QB @ #1? You take a guy who was his teammate for 3 years and is a perfect fit for the offensive system you are about to install. Some will say this is too high for Etienne, but don't be surprised when this happens. *** No Change, same as with Harris to the Jets ***

26. Cleveland Browns - Gregory Rousseau / DE / Miami - You see it in FA that the Browns are still looking for the right compliment for Myles Garrett. Clowney is not the answer, nor is McKinley. Rousseau on the other hand will be. Freakish size and length with huge numbers in 2019, but opted out in 2020. The potential dominance is too enticing to pass up. *** Previously Nick Bolton ***

27. Baltimore Ravens - Joseph Ossai / DE-OLB / Texas - Both Judon and Ngakoue left in FA. That leaves edge rusher as the biggest need on this team, though some will argue it's WR. Ossai fits more of what Baltimore looks for in their edge defenders, though Jason Oweh was considered here. He can get after the QB and drop into Zone when necessary. He lands in a great spot to maximize his abilities as a stand up rusher in a 3-4 Defense. *** Previously Carlos Basham ***

28. New Orleans Saints - Christian Barmore / DT / Alabama - The Saints lost Sheldon Rankins and Malcolm Brown in FA. Here they get to add one of the best DT's in the draft who is seemingly handed to them @ #28. *** Previously Trevon Moehrig *** 

29. Green Bay Packers Terrace Marshall Jr. / WR / LSU - The Packers finally decide to get Aaron Rodgers another weapon in the WR group. Even with the fall-off in QB play at LSU this year he still amassed 48 rec for 731 yds and 7 TD's in 7 games without Jefferson or Chase to take any heat off of him. Imo, he is a star in the making. *** No Change ***

30. Buffalo Bills - Caleb Farley / CB / Virginia Tech  - The way the board played out allowed Farley to fall right into our lap. To have Farley opposite Tre would be outstanding and possibly give us the best Secondary in the league. I thought long and hard about taking Moehrig here as he epitomizes "Process" and is an excellent player in his own right, but a legit #1b (notice I said 1b, not #2) CB is too good to pass up. *** Previously Teven Jenkins ***

31. Kansas City Chiefs Alex Leatherwood / OT / Alabama - The Chiefs cut both of their starting OT's. This is an easy peg. *** No Change ***

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Teven Jenkins / OT / Oklahoma St. - What do you give the team that just won the SB? Another scrappy as hell OL'man who has positional flexibility. Jenkens will play OG, but can play OT if someone goes down with an injury. Keeping Tom Brady clean is the formula for success on offense in Tampa. *** Previously Levi Onwuzurike *** 

Totally agree no way can you pass up basically 2 #1 CB's for the next 4 to 5 years. 

46 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Totally agree no way can you pass up basically 2 #1 CB's for the next 4 to 5 years. 

Yeah, and I love Moehrig as a prospect (one of my favorites in the draft), but you just couldn't pass up Farley there. 

Bills are really in no-man’s land in this draft.  Best positions available likely OT and interior OL, while needs (as they are) are weak positions in the draft (DE, DT).

Whatever position they look at, this is likely the least well scouted class in many years considering opt-outs and limited schedules for many college teams.  Hoping that Bills’ crack front office can forge an advantage in this odd year, but they are really disadvantaged given draft position and reported depth at positions of needs.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Yeah, and I love Moehrig as a prospect (one of my favorites in the draft), but you just couldn't pass up Farley there. 

Was interesting to listen to an analysis of Farley’s injuries today on the LockedOn Bills podcast. Joe had his doctor of physical therapy on to explain Farley’s injury history and how similar injuries have impacted careers. At the end of the podcast I was left thinking if Beane and the medical staff clears him, I’m all for it. I just don’t think he makes it to the Bills. I think Stokes out of UGA would be an awesome option. 

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Bills are really in no-man’s land in this draft.  Best positions available likely OT and interior OL, while needs (as they are) are weak positions in the draft (DE, DT).

Whatever position they look at, this is likely the least well scouted class in many years considering opt-outs and limited schedules for many college teams.  Hoping that Bills’ crack front office can forge an advantage in this odd year, but they are really disadvantaged given draft position and reported depth at positions of needs.

They are actually in great position to take a corner. The hit rate on corners taken in the late first has been very high going back several years. After this season they will have a total of 2 corners under contract - Tre white and Dane Jackson. It truly is a need.