Round 1 Updated Mock Draft - Last Stab At It Before The Draft (Page 4)

H2o

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

I would be even more disappointed with Oweh and that was my other thought as to the direction the Bills might go. I know we've had a couple of meetings with Samuel so I put him there instead. 

I'm certainly not high on Oweh either, but at least to me, he's got a high ceiling. Can't say as much for Samuel... It's just really a deadzone for our needs. I'm fairly convinced at this point that we trade up for one of Phillips, Paye, Farley or Newsome OR if we just get completely shut out of those guys, will move back. 

Could obviously be any of the 32 teams and/or his agent, but I find all of the news around Farley all of a sudden to be pretty interesting. Obviously a lot of it is smoke and BS but there's absolutely nuggets (or at least currents) of truth interwoven in what's being put out over these last 2 days...

On 4/15/2021 at 8:16 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Watching Lance’s pro day - his arm is really lively.  Like Allen’s.  Would have to think he’ll be the pick at 3.

I'd take Lance at #2. But the Jets are stupid and locked in on drafting the next Darnold. 

I hope Lance goes to the Bears at #20, and really hope he doesn't end up in NE. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'd take Lance at #2. But the Jets are stupid and locked in on drafting the next Darnold. 

I hope Lance goes to the Bears at #20, and really hope he doesn't end up in NE. 

Lance ain't getting out of the top 10 -- maybe not even the top 5...

I think Fields is the one we have to worry about getting to NE.

• Agree 1

Just now, glazeduck said:

Lance ain't getting out of the top 10 -- maybe not even the top 5...

I think Fields is the one we have to worry about getting to NE.

Fair enough. I think NE would be just about the best place Fields could end up outside of San Fran. 

Fields has all the tools, and elite athleticism. I'm just not sold that he has the clutch gene. 

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Fair enough. I think NE would be just about the best place Fields could end up outside of San Fran. 

Fields has all the tools, and elite athleticism. I'm just not sold that he has the clutch gene. 

Agreed about Fields’ talent, but don’t believe the clutch gene is a thing. It’s all training how you make use of the 24 hrs you’re given everyday, in my book.

I think Samuel is a good player.  For matchup purposes, I hope that we draft a Cb with more height and length.  

After watching a couple games and some highlights  I didn’t think he was a good fit in our predominantly zone D because he wasn’t very good in zone and excellent in man.  It’s a waste of his talents playing in zone. Most of my thoughts regarding “where do the Bills go from here” in recent months has revolved around change.  I feel that the coaching staff needs to add new wrinkles into the scheme on O and D.  Similar to this past year in which our offense was completely different (thanks to moving the chains consistently with the addition of Diggs)) from 2019.  

last year we ran lots of 4 wide and teams will be focusing on stopping our high powered pass attack.  What’s the best way to combat that?  Imo, it’s becoming a bigger threat on the ground.  Make defenses be held accountable for selling out to stop the pass.  Mix in more 2TE sets.  Become more multidimensional.  

We were extremely one dimensional last season on O. And on defense, we were predictably predicable.  I’d love to see us play more man.  We have athletes that can run at LB.  if we add another athletic corner, we’ll have DBs at all positions that can cover in man.  Samuel is a guy that can you can trust in man.  If he is the pick, I would suspect (and hope) that mcFrazier would be making a slight translation on d, to playing more man than we have in the past.  

I just wish he was taller/longer.....sigh.  Like she says, size matters. 

• Like (+1) 1