Alabama DT Christian Barmore

Tipster19

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see them spending their third straight top pick on a DL. 

I could see it

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Daboll might sit on Beane if he does

something something only one first round pick on offense something

technically this is not true.....last year's 1st rounder went to offense

We have Star.  Why not use the pick for another more pressing need?  I never thought I would say this, but an explosive RB with blazing speed and can catch would really help.  We’d also benefit from a LB, CB, and TE.  In whatever order based on their boards, Id love to see these four slots filled.  Lastly, as many have said, we probably will go after an O Lineman as not all will be extended.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see them spending their third straight top pick on a DL. 

cue in the right word... Top pick.. cause our top pick was a second rounder last year..  our DL .. STRUGGLED this year... big time.  I am hoping its HB, TE, DT one tech in round one? I am ok with it...

All that being said... not bamma...

52 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

marvin Wilson is terrible, from an FSU fan who also tried to tell everyone EJ Manuel was bad too

I’m not a big fan of Wilson. He’s regressed. Plus he was manhandled this past week by an underweight center with short arms. The point though was to get some explanation and possibly analysis with a compare and contrast. 

I’d like to see heavier beef on the DL. We have too many lighter, penetrating DL. Whenever we go up against a bigger OL they get stonewalled. Star is not enough and I don’t how much trust they can put into him anyways, a older vet with a year off etc etc. The Bills went a little overboard with the Carolina boys as far as the money goes. Horrible Harry just might be that, nice guy but coming off a big injury doesn’t help matters. I wish that the Bills would have kept Jordan Phillips, he was the right blend of size, ability and attitude.

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We have Star.  Why not use the pick for another more pressing need?  I never thought I would say this, but an explosive RB with blazing speed and can catch would really help.  We’d also benefit from a LB, CB, and TE.  In whatever order based on their boards, Id love to see these four slots filled.  Lastly, as many have said, we probably will go after an O Lineman as not all will be extended.

I agree that I’d rather have a different position....but “having star” isn’t exactly a selling point for not draft a 1 tech. Star will

likely play one more season with us and isn’t THAT good where we wouldn’t to add a stud to replace him.  I would love to see Ed play next to a plus 1tech. 

That said, I doubt Barmore falls to 30.  

If you look over McDermott’s past he loves DTs, seems like he can’t ever get enough of them, especially if they’re versatile in playing right across the whole fDL. I believe it’s a big part of making his past defenses successful. He collects DL like Gruden collects QBs, I suppose it’s what makes them success. I guess the days of the Ted Washington’s are gone but I would like to see more girth up on that DL, I’m tired of the bend but don’t break defenses that we’ve been sporting. Here’s a novel idea, how about we just crush the pocket and get some 3 and outs?? Lord knows we already got a pretty good secondary so they don’t have to cover receivers and RBs for too long. Who knows, maybe this could make a vet like Jerry Hughes even more effective, I felt for the longest time that Hughes was underwhelming but I never thought that it was his fault. The middle of our defense is vanilla at best. C’mon McDermott, it’s long overdue for some pocket crushing DL!