Week 16: Saturday Games Thread TB at Detroit, SF at Zona, Mia at LV nightcap

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Seriously dude, its not even close. Dream scenario is where we can start Barkley week 17 and be sure of playing the phinz in the playoffs.

Yeah, I’d be more concerned if they started Fitz...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yeah, I’d be more concerned if they started Fitz...

They probably would too. But as a prior poster said in this thread, Fitz is not allowed in the playoffs. Grandfathered in rule. 😄 

Edited by Bferra13

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

One thing noticeable about Tua (other than his repertoire of throws are mostly short ones).  He is so afraid of contact.  he will do anything to not be touched.  sometimes a QB has to take a hit to make a play.  

What better heir to Dan Marino?

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We need to replace Barkley btw. Dude does not have much experience and has terrible stats.

You watch that Jets game late last year and you can see the dude just doesn't have the arm to play. Maybe it was a bad game, but he was throwing wounded ducks all over the field. Im pretty sure he's still here as Josh's buddy and the front office is just keeping their fingers crossed Josh doesn't get hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

I was someone who really, really didn't want the Dolphins to draft Tua. I was hoping they'd "mess it up" and draft Herbert.

So far -- and its admittedly extremely early -- it looks like I was completely wrong. Herbert looks like a special player, and Tua looks like nothing more than a game manager. I'm not seeing anything Tua does that is "special". He doesn't have special mobility, arm strength, creativity...I mean, I GUESS you could say he has special accuracy, but...I don't know. He hasn't looked like a guy who elevates those around him so far. He looks more like a game manager who benefitted greatly from the all-world talent at 'Bama.

There's lots of time for Tua to take big steps, but right now, I'm pretty glad that the Phins drafted him instead of Herbert.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

You watch that Jets game late last year and you can see the dude just doesn't have the arm to play. Maybe it was a bad game, but he was throwing wounded ducks all over the field. Im pretty sure he's still here as Josh's buddy and the front office is just keeping their fingers crossed Josh doesn't get hurt.

Hopefully we just get through the year. They'll just let Barkley walk. Can't wait to see Fromm next preseason. Hopefully we have a smart backup with some juice.

• Like (+1) 1