Bills 34, Niners 24 Game Balls!

CSBill

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Daryll Johnson made a real good ST play on a kickoff, and had a very important tfl (-9) on a toss sweep, that led to only a fg. 

Great all around game

Yes, he did. He is starting to contribute.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Not sure that it's "game ball" worthy, but McKenzie had a big gainer and a TD on two extremely well-designed plays.  I remember this summer when there was at least some question as to whether he would even make our roster or not.  Sure he's kind of a gadget player, but that's a wrinkle to our offense that none of our other WRs provide.

He was so fast on that first play to him. Apparently a shuffle pass? Announcers were even confused about what kind of play it was he was that quick. I still don’t really know what happened but McKenzie had 12 yards before anybody could comment on it.

Love Mckittrick. I think he’s graduated from “gadget” to “vital cog” at this point. Front runners don’t have gadget players anymore. They’ve got weapons. McKenzie is a weapon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What makes Allen win even more impressive aside from the fact that it was on the road against a good 49ers Defense in a primetime game is that he did it against a zone defense.  Josh has been much better against man coverages than zones this year and to see him carve it with a mix of jaw dropping plays and making good reads and the give me 10 yard pickups.  Great game and promising  for his development.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Josh Allen
Josh Allen

Josh Allen

Josh Allen

oh, and Cole Beasley and Stefon Diggs.

See this is clown ****. Allen played phenomenal but you ignore all the rest of the players that made it happen. 

what about edmunds?

what about Butler jr?

what about knox?

terrible, terrible post.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Not sure that it's "game ball" worthy, but McKenzie had a big gainer and a TD on two extremely well-designed plays.  I remember this summer when there was at least some question as to whether he would even make our roster or not.  Sure he's kind of a gadget player, but that's a wrinkle to our offense that none of our other WRs provide.

Daboll ❤️ McKenzie 

I’ve been hard on Edmunds rightly so.  He deserves credit when he plays good.  49ers are a physical team and Edmunds rose to the challenge.  
Obviously Josh was All World but give Daboll credit for mixing in the run game.  We were committed enough to it and gained just enough yards on the ground to keep the 49ers honest.  We still need a bigger more physical RB but that’s for another day.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Without a doubt it’s Allen.  

..:But Hyde made a sneaky good play on the goal line.  His tackle did enough to keep the WR out of the endzone.  A weaker tackle gets over the goal line.  That stop made it possible for Trey to get the game clinching INT. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Magox said:

What makes Allen win even more impressive aside from the fact that it was on the road against a good 49ers Defense in a primetime game is that he did it against a zone defense.  Josh has been much better against man coverages than zones this year and to see him carve it with a mix of jaw dropping plays and making good reads and the give me 10 yard pickups.  Great game and promising  for his development.

Not really - Saw the stat earlier: Josh is the only QB this year with a >80 QBR against both the zone and man coverage.  

The dude has been picking everything apart.  He is especially good against the zone when he is taking the easy throws.

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I will Give props to the entire WR group. Those guys all Made very hard catches— tapping toes, getting hit hard, etc. I don’t think they had a single Drop that I can recall. 

Just such a huge difference over 2 years ago and even last year - the way these WRs go up and make catches, toe drag swag plays, just all around.

2 years ago the narrative was Josh was inaccurate, but his WRs did him no favors.  Passes were dropped and contested throws went incomplete.  Last year you saw improvements with Beasley and Smoke, but the #2 outside receiver, TE, and RBs just couldn’t make plays.

What a difference a year makes, the WRs all make plays, the TEs and RBs are making screens and swing passes a routine thing.  Guys are just ballin and with Josh understanding more what is coming - what a combination.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Daryll Johnson made a real good ST play on a kickoff, and had a very important tfl (-9) on a toss sweep, that led to only a fg. 

Great all around game

Hes been very good on STs. A poster (I don't remember who)  recently said they did not see him as a contributor at DE. That puzzled me because I thought I saw significant improvement since he started getting more time as part of the rotation. Gaining strength and getting the technicals down is not a one or two year proposition. These guys sometimes take years to develop especially when they are as raw as he was coming in. I think he may well turn into something good. Man he seems to have long arms.

Josh Allen put the team on his back when it started to look like things were about to go the wrong way. His answer was four or five BIG boy throws that few QBs can make. That turned things right around. Picked the whole team up. Dude is a prodigy.

8 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Special McK deserves a game ball. It is not just the plays he makes but how he forces defenses to adjust when he is on field.

I have to give Allen all the props here. Most have said his best pass was to Davis on a 22 yard gainer over a defender. But for me, that pass to Beasley on the run was an insanely good pass. I don’t think there’s any team that can stop him when he’s playing at that high a level