Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I glossed him Superfly when he was drafted, and I changed my screen name when Whaley chloroformed FredEx.  RIP the later great Curtis Mayfield.

My wife and I just inherited a ton of vinyl from our parents, and yep, it includes the one and only Curtis Mayfield.  The man was still making great music as a quadraplegic.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

no - not if you believe we’re going to win our division.   Browns will be a WC team.

Or did you mean “should I worry that they’ll be our first round opponent and knock us out”?

Yup. I haven't even started to look at potential matchups, but now I'm thinking I don't want us to draw the Browns. Good running game, can bring the pass rush ... starting to feel like a bad matchup.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

"Tua has yet to throw an INT in his NFL career."  That's going to change in a hurry -- this guy is really not a good passer at this stage.

He’s had about 3-4 called off due to penalty. In this game alone he had one and two passes totally up for grabs. Pressure him and he is panic mode. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It also kinda reminds me of Tyrod and his super low INT rate, which was more because he was so utterly risk averse.

That was one of the things that made the 2017 Bills so odd.

Tyrod: Don't throw to anybody, no matter how open they are.

Peterman: Throw to everybody, no matter what jersey they're wearing.

Would have been nice to find a golden mean there someplace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What the Browns are doing to the TITians is what I expected we would be able to do.  I think if we see the TITians in the playoff, we are going to destroy them.

The Browns have a killer run game. If we can step our rushing attack up, it's definitely possible. 

Also have to get over our big game jitters. Every time we play a big AFC opponent, we seem to play tight and make uncharacteristic mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

The Browns have a killer run game. If we can step our rushing attack up, it's definitely possible. 

Also have to get over our big game jitters. Every time we play a big AFC opponent, we seem to play tight and make uncharacteristic mistakes.

The Titans are incredibly good at playing in front. They are not a good team once they get behind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

I think the NFL jerking us around on the game time had a huge impact.  We came out flat as a pancake.  Refs gifting that illegal forward pass TD didn't help.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the NFL jerking us around on the game time had a huge impact.  We came out flat as a pancake.  Refs gifting that illegal forward pass TD didn't help.

The Titans knew they would either face the Bills or have a bye week. The Bills on the other hand had to prepare for both the Titans and the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I guess I can see overturning that, but man was it close.

I mean I understand it, but at the same time it didn't look clear one way or another. Used to be if it wasn't definitive you stick with the call on the field, but this year the refs seem to be way more willing to overturn extremely close on the field calls. 

Miami is killing themselves

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not really, because tomorrow's sports headlines will ponder 'Why can't the Bills be more like the Browns?'

That would never happen. Browns are getting one lucky game is all.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1