Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

Should we hope Darron Lee can play some coverage LB? Lee is not known for his tackling so he will be a liability in the run game much like, well all the LB’s this year so far. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

For a pec strain?

Give him time to process, the initial reaction is typically  the most extreme. Or this could of been sarcasm on his part.

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Should we hope Darron Lee can play some coverage LB? Lee is not known for his tackling so he will be a liability in the run game much like, well all the LB’s this year so far. 

I’m ok with putting him out there on some passing downs and making him active but he’s been here like 3 days, not sure he will know the scheme well enough to line up correctly 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For a pec strain?

It has to be more.  There has to be more to this story.  Him not even showing up to practice this week is a pretty big tell.  Would not shock me to see him land on IR now. 

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

People got mad at me a couple weeks ago for saying he’s always injured. Guess what, this dude is always injured...

This will be his 6th game missed due to injury in 4 seasons.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

You would retire instead of letting the injury heal? 

I wouldn't retire... he was like a 5th round pick - he hasn't even made any money yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wjag said:

It has to be more.  There has to be more to this story.  Him not even showing up to practice this week is a pretty big tell.  Would not shock me to see him land on IR now. 

I think they saw he was not as effective as they need him to be while trying to play through the injury and as he wasn’t playing that many snaps anyway it made sense to let him rest it. Don’t think there is more to it - Milano himself said it’s not torn all the way through but it’s still a strain and he’s injured. IR would make sense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There was one attempted tackle from Milano that was absolutely brutal against NE.  He didn’t even attempt to wrap up... just threw his shoulder at the guy.  

He’s clearly not healthy enough to play, and I’m assuming just toughed it out for a few plays, given the importance of the NE game.  

I’d be shocked if he plays next week against another NFC opponent, with the bye week after.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

The problem isn't as much that he is injured, that is bad enough.

The real problem is we have no answer for his injury.  It is literally yardage vampire time for opposing offenses.  Easy Money.  Get Out of Jail Free card.  Take What You Want But Eat What You Take.

...it's just so much BS.  It's not just that I don't see us winning this weekend, it is honestly I don't know how we can win.

This sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The problem isn't as much that he is injured, that is bad enough.

The real problem is we have no answer for his injury.  It is literally yardage vampire time for opposing offenses.  Easy Money.  Get Out of Jail Free card.  Take What You Want But Eat What You Take.

...it's just so much BS.  It's not just that I don't see us winning this weekend, it is honestly I don't know how we can win.

This sucks.

The way we win is getting Brown back on track and having a potent offense once again.  

Our defense has been absolute trash all year with, and without him. 

On the brightside, Seattle and Arizona don’t have monster tight ends, so I’d rather our DL get its ish together and have Hyde/Poyer regain their synergy this week and next.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The way we win is getting Brown back on track and having a potent offense once again.  

Our defense has been absolute trash all year with, and without him. 

On the brightside, Seattle and Arizona don’t have monster tight ends, so I’d rather our DL get its ish together and have Hyde/Poyer regain their synergy this week and next.  

literally, SC, the game plan has to be one of points.

What are we doing?   Well, whatever it is, it has to result in 35 or more points.  Yes, Brown back on line and not only 300 yards passing, but more importantly 3-4 tds from Josh.

Is Brown up to full speed?  Unlikely...I wish he was, though.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they saw he was not as effective as they need him to be while trying to play through the injury and as he wasn’t playing that many snaps anyway it made sense to let him rest it. Don’t think there is more to it - Milano himself said it’s not torn all the way through but it’s still a strain and he’s injured. IR would make sense 

Rewatch the Pats game.  He missed a lot of tackles because he couldn't reach out or extend his upper body.  You are exactly right.

Not shocking considering his very limited snap count last week.  He was a non-participant in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.  Seattle may be without Greg Olsen, their starting tight end.  Backup Will Dissly is a solid blocker, and a good receiver, but he's not real fast, and he's no Greg Olsen.  That may make the loss of Milano a little easier to take.  Still,  Buffalo needs to try and get Milano healthy and get Darron Lee up to speed ASAP.

Just now, Kwai San said:

Sucks that Milano is out.....I'm more worried about Morse at this point.  The guy is using up hi concussion lives real quick.  One of these times he won't be able to come back.....

Kwai, I though I read a couple of years ago that, yes, of course you don't want a number of concussions, but that it is not the number of concussions as much as it is not getting rushed back.

Side note, this was interesting pertaining hits to the head and not concussions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/18/a-new-study-shows-that-hits-to-the-head-not-concussions-cause-cte/

"Well, duh, but still they are always going to be hitting their heads."

Yeah, the thing is I still think they can change this in the game on how they approach blocking...face and shoulders first.

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I wish they would let Matekavich get in the rotation. He got regular LB time in Pitt in a better spread of LBs. Would like to see what he can do. 

If rather Edmunds be the only linebacker out there.  

I’d take a PS cornerback over Klein at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hasn’t been playing a lot of snaps but that still sucks 

Not unexpected, but CRAP.  I was worried when Milano took fewer snaps vs. NE than vs. Jets and when he didn't show up at least in a red jersey on Weds.  Did they say anything about whether he was reinjured?

I hate to say it but I wish they'd IR him.  I believe with the bye, that would give him 4 weeks and they might get him back in decent shape for the last 4 games of the season.