Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

People got mad at me a couple weeks ago for saying he’s always injured. Guess what, this dude is always injured...

Football is a violent brutal game.  And when you play LB at under 230 pounds going up against huge O lineman you are going to get hurt a lot.  That sucks for Milano.  And it sucks for us.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m ok with putting him out there on some passing downs and making him active but he’s been here like 3 days, not sure he will know the scheme well enough to line up correctly 

Agreed. I believe you listen to Joe Marino as well. He did a great job tempering expectations on Lee. If Lee could stick to Olsen or any the other TE’s it would be a positive. 

16 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Let's hope Darron Lee is ready. 

Temper your expectations. 

The thing that has really sucked with AJ Klein has been his mistakes in coverage - in the wrong place doing the wrong thing

The worst thing we need is that x2

Dodson is out for this game

Any news on Del'Shawn Phillips?  I believe he's eligible to return

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Milano's injuries must be more serious than the team is letting on, in fact wondering if he ended up partially or fully tearing his Pec, if so expect him to be put on season ending IR soon.

If he had fully torn his pec, he'd be having surgery and would probably already be on IR.

He said it's a partial tear.  A muscle strain is, essentially, always a partial tear.  The concern is instead of being stable or improving as he tries to play through it, it's getting worse.

Kind of unrelated, but does anyone remember that Clapmaster 2000 wouldn't even play Milano when he first got here even though it was clear to most fans that he was their best linebacker? Reminiscent of the Fred Jackson, Jabari Greer, etc. situations. 

25 minutes ago, wjag said:

It has to be more.  There has to be more to this story.  Him not even showing up to practice this week is a pretty big tell.  Would not shock me to see him land on IR now. 

IMO he should go to IR.  This strategy of trying to have him play limited snaps while hampered by a brace that limits his arm use is ineffective and prolonging his recovery.

IR him and take a look after 4 weeks.

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Has he missed 30 games from a pec strain?   Frankly, I'm getting tired of our starting LB corps continuity being held hostage by Matt Milano's availability.  I don't want him back.  

No he hasn’t I’m kind of confused  at what you are taking about. Football players get injured all the time. Very few are career ending. They should all retire? 

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There was one attempted tackle from Milano that was absolutely brutal against NE.  He didn’t even attempt to wrap up... just threw his shoulder at the guy.  

He’s clearly not healthy enough to play, and I’m assuming just toughed it out for a few plays, given the importance of the NE game.  

I’d be shocked if he plays next week against another NFC opponent, with the bye week after.  

As a former wrestler who has a lot of defensive players with upper body injuries, I'm surprised McD hasn't started to teach the Leg Hook Takedown.