Patriot Week - Would losing this week be the most disappointing since McDermott took over?

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I think Lawrence is NYJ bound. Belichick will probably have to settle for some of the other top QB's in the upcoming draft. Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Kyle Trask, Zach Wilson.

Most likely true. Although, it is incredibly difficult to go 0-16 nowadays. The ball bounces their way one game and they could win it. 

The Jets face the 6-1 Chiefs, 2-4 Patriots, 2-4 Chargers, 3-3 Dolphins, 3-3 Raiders, 5-1 Seahawks, 5-2 Rams, 5-2 Browns, 2-4 Patriots.

All it would take is for Ole Bill to lose to the Jets 2x and they are equal. The Texans, the Jags, the Giants, the Falcons, the Vikings are all one win teams atm.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens on Sunday.

And now with so-so (or bad weather) people are starting to make excuses should the Bills lose.

To me this game and it's importance is magnified to me as a fan.  The Patriots lost at home to a decimated Denver team & were dominated by the 49'ers.  If they bounce back vs. the Bills, it will say more about the Bills then it does about the Patriots.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, jimmy10 said:

Why does everything need to be superlative all the time? “Most ever” “worst ever” “signature win” “best dressed”... Just let it happen, man. Not like anyone here has a lick of influence on the outcome anyway. 

My home or away jersey choices would beg to differ with you. The fate of the franchise rests on decisions such as these for the 12th man. ;)

On 10/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, Nextmanup said:

Yep.  Belichick is not tanking for Lawerence.   

Doesn't mean he is working on a long term replacement strategy for Brady.

I'm sure he already developed whatever that strategy is a while ago. Newton was never going to be more than a temporary stop-gap measure.

BB is 35-6 all-time against the Bills as a HC!  

If we can't add two losses to that record this year...

Forgive me, I honestly didn’t know we’d pinned even that many losses on him! 🤔

If the Pats win they are right back in the division. They still get to beat the Jets twice and the Bills haven't lost to Seattle or SF yet. And again if this Buffalo team, can't beat that New England team, then blow it all up,. The goal should be championships not wild card appearances

Why are so many  assuming we lose tomorrow?  The pessimism and paranoia of the fan base is crazy.  Sure, Belichick is a great coach; he’ll have something in store.  But we have a pretty good team this year.  Instead of moaning about blowing up our team (absurd even if there's a loss), McD being horrible and such, why not be a little optimistic?

Guys if you lose to THIS Patriots team I would be shocked! The Pats missing so many starters on D (opted out) add in Edelman and Harry are our , Cam never sees our young TE even though they are open, oh and Byrd is a good WR if only Cam could hit him instead of bouncing the ball 2 yards in front  of him or over throw him by 8 feet.. so in other words the Pats are a hot mess it be an epic collapse for Buffalo to lose this game!

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And now with so-so (or bad weather) people are starting to make excuses should the Bills lose.

To me this game and it's importance is magnified to me as a fan.  The Patriots lost at home to a decimated Denver team & were dominated by the 49'ers.  If they bounce back vs. the Bills, it will say more about the Bills then it does about the Patriots.

It would be a terrible loss and since the Pats schedule gets much easier than the Bills the rest of the way.........being one game back in the loss column would have to be a huge boost for that rag-tag roster.    

If Belichick coaches them from behind into a divisional playoff race after starting 2-4 and having the lead dog start 4-0............that would be another kick in the nuts to a Bills franchise that hasn't been in serious contention for a division title in decades. :doh:   

It's a must win and should win game.

And for all the people who complain about expectations coloring the perception of the team..........welcome to having a contending team.........this is what it's like.

It would be knowing that it is going to be decided by two things: ability to run and the ability to stop the run. With 20-30 mph winds & 100% chance of rain. I’ve been saying it all week, the Pats will go jumbo & we must have answers on defense. To that point we must also play smash mouth football. It will come down to who wants it more. #MafiaBullyBall

Seeing as this is the worst Patriots team this team will EVER face ... Yea it will be very bad. I could see multiple people being banned on this site b.c of outrage over the loss. I for one know if they lose I won't even post a single thing in the stadium forums for a few days, I will just pretend like this game never happened.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

The 2 losses to NE last year were disappointing.  Bills outplayed them for stretches of both games.  Losing this game would be very upsetting.   But would not top blowing a 16 - 0 lead in the playoffs .  

Although a loss would suck psychologically , the Bills would still be in 1st place through 8 games. 

55 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

The 2 losses to NE last year were disappointing.  Bills outplayed them for stretches of both games.  Losing this game would be very upsetting.   But would not top blowing a 16 - 0 lead in the playoffs .  

Although a loss would suck psychologically , the Bills would still be in 1st place through 8 games. 

It's true that the Bills can come out of this game with a LOSS, and still be in a pretty solid position going forward! 

And yet the impact of a loss would somehow be larger than the numbers might suggest.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's true that the Bills can come out of this game with a LOSS, and still be in a pretty solid position going forward! 

And yet the impact of a loss would somehow be larger than the numbers might suggest.

Sure let's get excited if the Bills lead the dvision @ 5-3......  Lose & this will not be a happy place.

Yes a loss tomorrow is inexcusable.

7 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Would I be disappointed if we lost to the GOAT coach again? YES.  Would I be surprised?  NO.  Go Bills!

That's about right.

For the people who live and die with the national media's perception of the team a loss would be disastrous though...........the trendy-pick Bills will be stamped counterfeit by the more casual, big picture observers.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's about right.

For the people who live and die with the national media's perception of the team a loss would be disastrous though...........the trendy-pick Bills will be stamped counterfeit by the more casual, big picture observers.

That's already happened, to an extent, with the losses, the decline in offense, and the new, non-MVP, Josh Allen.

This might be one of the weakest Patriot teams the Bills will have played in the last 20 years. Most of their better players are either gone, opted out or injured.  A loss today would once and for all confirm McD's mediocrity. He's a great guy who loves his players and his process. But is he just Marv with a clever military quote? He must be more if he ever strives for the ultimate prize.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is a must win for McD.  NE is lacking star talent at skill positions.  WR and DB they are short.  Brady and Gronk are gone.  Belichick, the evil genius, is still there.  Lose today and this will hurt the team.  Psychological damage will linger and the team could limp to a 8-8 finish.  Time to finally defeat NE. 

Losing this game would be a massive failure in my opinion.  The Pats are bad AND banged up, also, our schedule is kinda brutal this year so we need to beat the bad teams 100%.  A loss today will severely damage my confidence in McDermott and Co.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD is in a no win situation.  A loss to BB and a Patriot team devoid of talent will fall squarely on McD. A win is expected and will do little to squash the criticism that McD can't win the games against good/great teams.

It is not a no win situation.  Losing is not an option today.  The Bills are the better team and it is an expected win.  If it was any team as banged up and a 2-4 record, the game would be an afterthought nationally.  It is just that it is the Pats that there is any notoriety.

Maybe it is because of how many here are so enamoured with McD, that I have made a big deal about it.

The Bills should win easily and you are right that if the Bills win, I wiull say "Of course they shjould have won and no big deal".  

However a loss or a struggle & again it will show McD's weaknesses.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Have stupid weather, get stupid results. If the Bills lose this one, I was never a fan of a dome, but will be if they lose. 

We (the fans) got our amazing snow game against the Colts. I dont think another game will ever be like that.

Both teams play in the same weather.  No excuses 

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

This is the most disappointing win since McDermott took over!

After the first 4 weeks there was a real buzz.

Now the team has revertyed to the 2017-19 Bills where they are okay and you keep expecting more.

Allen seems to have all the tools and looked like a franchise QB, and again he appears to have been neutered.

They played passive and as if they were playing an elite team as a big underdog.

Very unimpressive & yes I blame McD.