Sammy watkins injury...

Hebert19

While Sammy isn't the primary option in KC offense he is a huge part of opening things up for that team.  

After he left the game yesterday KC stalled out as they were able to key in on kelce and hill more.  

Something to monitor for next week...if he isn't available it could be big for our chances. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

While Sammy isn't the primary option in KC offense he is a huge part of opening things up for that team.  

After he left the game yesterday KC stalled out as they were able to key in on kelce and hill more.  

Something to monitor for next week...if he isn't available it could be big for our chances. 

Yep.  Hammy's for the fleet-of-foot take more than a week.  Kelce and Hill become a bit easier to defend without Sammy's underneath and crossing routes to defend.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

People don’t like hearing it, but he’s a huge part of their offense. This isn’t a small injury for them.

Yup.  He seems to have big 3rd down receptions every game...and lately he's finding endzone too. 

• Like (+1) 1

They still have a good group of offensive weapons with Hardman, Robinson, and CEH to go along with Kelce/Hill. It will be another game where stopping the run is key as not to let lanes open up with the play action game. Really hoping Milano is good to go by next Monday. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

They still have a good group of offensive weapons with Hardman, Robinson, and CEH to go along with Kelce/Hill. It will be another game where stopping the run is key as not to let lanes open up with the play action game. Really hoping Milano is good to go by next Monday. 

Seemed to me something was up with Hardman too.  If I remember correctly, they took him off of the punt/ko return duties.  Am I remembering that correctly?

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Seemed to me something was up with Hardman too.  If I remember correctly, they took him off of the punt/ko return duties.  Am I remembering that correctly?

Not sure my friend. I didn't get to watch, but maybe the last 5 minutes or so of that one. 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

People don’t like hearing it, but he’s a huge part of their offense. This isn’t a small injury for them.

Come now, We have all always known he is a world class elite decoy. 

he also caught both targets for 24 yards and a TD before he left.

I don’t think anyone would argue that he’s not  A top ten Maybe even top 6 offensive player.... on his team

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dunno why anyone would disagree.  He was huge here and the Bills had little in way of options to deliver him the ball the way they could offer now.  He would be a LARGE part of the WR group if here now.

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Sammy is way better than Hardman and Robinson.   

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

This has been shown ad nauseum to be irrelevant. Play action works regardless of whether a team is running the ball effectively. This is one falsehood that just needs to die a quick death.

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sammy is way better than Hardman and Robinson.   

This is true, but I'm saying they still have an overall good group of skill player. It's not one to be dismissed just because they are likely to be without Watkins, especially if we are without Tre for any reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Dunno why anyone would disagree.  He was huge here and the Bills had little in way of options to deliver him the ball the way they could offer now.  He would be a LARGE part of the WR group if here now.

meh, I like our guys. Diggs is a better and more complete WR. Brown and beasley do their unique roles well. He didn’t give a damn when he was in Buffalo.  He showed up to practice drunk

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

This has been shown ad nauseum to be irrelevant. Play action works regardless of whether a team is running the ball effectively. This is one falsehood that just needs to die a quick death.

So if they are gashing us with the run you don't think play-action draws defenders closer to the LOS, even if it's just a half step before they try to recover in their drops? Okay. :thumbsup:

I don’t think Sammy healthy wins that game or changes much for them yesterday. It was osemele going down. He’s been their best lineman all year and as soon as he went down Vegas starting busting through right up the gut with instant pressure making Mahomes uncomfortable and forcing him out. Give him time and Mahomes can make any of those guys major weapons. It’s not a downplay on Sammy. He’s made plays for them. But Osemele was the key to that game changing 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He really is a guy that mahomes has targeted a lot as teams focus on Hill. I saw Gilmore following him in the pats-chiefs game

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think this is more perception than reality.

Look at how many games he’s actually missed in his career and I bet you’d be surprised.

Im not even talking about games missed. He played through injury a ton, even here.

He gets hurt so often. Always getting up gingerly, goes down really early, etc.

He's a funny dude that way

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sammy’s hammy - sounds like a delicious sandwich.

Suspect he won’t be ready in just a week. 

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You beat me to Sammy's Hammy.  Well played, sir.

Perhaps we will see a poster with the name of Sammy Watkins ' Hammy pop up soon. We already have a Sammy Watkins Rib afterall.

Edited by prissythecat

1 minute ago, Tuel Time said:

Im not even talking about games missed. He played through injury a ton, even here.

I've heard the muscle/bone structure of those Reptilians is slightly different from our own which makes them more susceptible to injury. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

Correct. He was a detriment trying to play for us on a broken foot.

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think us Bills fans will always have a slightly tainted view of Sammy. The FO made a mistake trading up for him, and he wasn't ready to be a professional when he got here. He's learned a lot since then and while he isn't the super star he was supposed to be, he's a good NFL player and now has the veteran savvy that Hardman and Robinson don't have at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think us Bills fans will always have a slightly tainted view of Sammy. The FO made a mistake trading up for him, and he wasn't ready to be a professional when he got here. He's learned a lot since then and while he isn't the super star he was supposed to be, he's a good NFL player and now has the veteran savvy that Hardman and Robinson don't have at this point. 

This is completely true. Most Bills fans view of Sammy is jaded because Whaley traded up and drafted him at 4. It hurts even more considering Mack, Evans and OBJ went after Sammy. That isn’t Watkins fault though and he has been pretty good in KC. He gets a huge share of the targets 5-10 targets per game. Losing him is a big loss. He will never be the pure stud WR that is expected when drafting one at 4th overall, but he’s a solid pass catcher and great option. 

3 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

Is "injury prone" a real thing?  This is an interesting question that probably deserves its own thread.

After having considered this for many years, I do believe it is a real thing.

Exactly what causes it isn't clear and factors might vary from individual to individual, but some people have genetics that can stand up to the torture of an NFL season and others do not.  

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Much to some peoples dismay around here Sammy is becoming Mahomes favorite target IMO.

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Hardman will step in for Wadkins and they won't miss him at all. We will have to outscore KC. Their D is awful. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's still Kelce.  He's gone to him already 46 times.

Wow, thats allot of targeting the big TE, Thanks ,

I stand corrected, and Sammy Watkins doesn't even come close.

Mahomes tunnel vision on Kelce needs to be exploited. Lol

Edited by Figster