Sammy watkins injury...

Hebert19

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

This is completely true. Most Bills fans view of Sammy is jaded because Whaley traded up and drafted him at 4. It hurts even more considering Mack, Evans and OBJ went after Sammy. That isn’t Watkins fault though and he has been pretty good in KC. He gets a huge share of the targets 5-10 targets per game. Losing him is a big loss. He will never be the pure stud WR that is expected when drafting one at 4th overall, but he’s a solid pass catcher and great option. 

He had one good game for KC last year.  On opening day.  Period.  He was pretty much non-existent all regular season and they breezed through the season as the #1 seed and with an unstoppable offense...........largely without him. doing much of anything.   He was dealt a pay cut.  Speaks volumes. 

He then decided to show up in the playoffs and helped them immensely.  But unlike stars, he can't be counted on, and he's inconsistent.  Period.  He's a flash player who gives you glimpses of his elite type talent every once in a great while.  He has the talent.  He has the tools.  He's just one of those guys that will never quite put it together.  Frustrating.    

He is what he is.  I don't think he had more than 70 yards in any other game last year outside of the opener.   I don't get why he's defended so much.  I also don't get why he's ripped on so much.  He's just a guy that flashes every now and then.  That's all he'll ever be.  Sometimes it helps alot.  But a lot of the time, he probably can't be counted on consistenntly.  His new pay, and his contract status show that perfectly. 

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Wow, thats allot of targeting the big TE, Thanks ,

I stand corrected, and Sammy Watkins doesn't even come close.

Mahomes tunnel vision on Kelce needs to be exploited. Lol

The same tunnel vision Brady had for Gronk?  The problem is guys like Kelce and Kittle are damn hard to match up against.  Too big for a CB and too fast for a LB.  Everyone knows Lamar is going to throw to Andrews and most teams struggle to stop it anyways.  Kelce is going to get his.  To me the matchup that must be won is against Hill.  Kelce hurts you 20 yards at a time.  Hill hurts you 30+.  Will be an interesting matchup personnel wise.  KC has the same issue with Buffalo receivers and their middle linebacker is banged up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Mahomes tunnel vision on Kelce needs to be exploited. Lol

By these linebackers ?    Big ask. 

47 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

He had one good game for KC last year.  On opening day.  Period.  He was pretty much non-existent all regular season and they breezed through the season as the #1 seed and with an unstoppable offense...........largely without him. doing much of anything.   He was dealt a pay cut.  Speaks volumes. 

He then decided to show up in the playoffs and helped them immensely.  But unlike stars, he can't be counted on, and he's inconsistent.  Period.  He's a flash player who gives you glimpses of his elite type talent every once in a great while.  He has the talent.  He has the tools.  He's just one of those guys that will never quite put it together.  Frustrating.    

He is what he is.  I don't think he had more than 70 yards in any other game last year outside of the opener.   I don't get why he's defended so much.  I also don't get why he's ripped on so much.  He's just a guy that flashes every now and then.  That's all he'll ever be.  Sometimes it helps alot.  But a lot of the time, he probably can't be counted on consistenntly.  His new pay, and his contract status show that perfectly. 

He had 19 catches through 4 weeks this season.  

Reid and Mahomes are happy with that.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

Wears a Superbowl ring in big part to his own performance post season yet never quite puts it all together.

Awesome

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, we won't be seeing Sammy in Buffalo...out for a couple of weeks with a hammy...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30102110/hamstring-injury-sideline-chiefs-wr-sammy-watkins-couple-games

The Chiefs have been markedly better in certain statistical categorties with Watkins in their lineup than without since signing him as a free agent in 2018. Last season, the Chiefs rushed for almost two yards per play better when Watkins was in the game. Their QBR was 81 with Watkins, 67 without.

Maybe I have the timeline wrong.

Did the offense fall flat after Sammy went down?

12 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Dunno why anyone would disagree.  He was huge here and the Bills had little in way of options to deliver him the ball the way they could offer now.  He would be a LARGE part of the WR group if here now.

Maybe, unless he got injured the way he often does.

Oh, wait, what's this thread about?

6 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

Do you go to Moondoggies? 😊

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

222 yards in five games? 44.4 YPG? Are these $9M a year numbers?

IMO they almost use Sammy as a potential option to give defenses something more to worry about than they do as a guy who directly does much damage.

13 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

People don’t like hearing it, but he’s a huge part of their offense. This isn’t a small injury for them.

His numbers aren't huge but he does add something to the offense when he is on the field. He adds one more down the field option that can hurt you if you key off him. His absence could be noticeable. 

17 hours ago, Figster said:

Wears a Superbowl ring in big part to his own performance post season yet never quite puts it all together.

Awesome

Correct.   Just like countless numbers of other mediocre players that have done the same thing in the postseason.........in every sport.  Every year.   Maybe he is football's version of Big Shot Bob Horry, Mark Lemke, Brooks Orpik, or Doug Williams.  They all have rings too.

18 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

By these linebackers ?    Big ask. 

Beasley has 18-260-1.  

Watkins has 19-198-1.  

Says it all.  Pretty much sums up what I said, and where his worth stands.  It's not bad, but it's nowhere near what some people feel the need to cling on to that this guy is some kind of superstar player that teams can't do without.  The Chiefs were perfectly fine with letting him leave if he didn't take the pay cut.  It's not hard to see.

2 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

Beasley has 18-260-1.  

Watkins has 19-198-1.  

Says it all.  Pretty much sums up what I said, and where his worth stands.  It's not bad, but it's nowhere near what some people feel the need to cling on to that this guy is some kind of superstar player that teams can't do without.  The Chiefs were perfectly fine with letting him leave if he didn't take the pay cut.  It's not hard to see.

For a guy that doesn't understand why Sammy is ripped or defended so much around here I suggest you ask yourself the same question.

Sammy Watkins NFL career is ongoing and his future is not written in stone. Playing under Andy Reid with the best QB in the league throwing to him I think gives Watkins the ability to achieve goals most NFL WR's only dream of accomplishing IMO. 

Edited by Figster

it was never about Sammys ability.   It was about his availability.     when it came time to give him a huge contract,   the org decided that he wasnt reliable enough to invest in him.

the injuries while he was here,   that soured most on Sammy.    Sammys fault?  mbe,  mbe not.    He's been lucky in his post Bills career so far,  hes gone to 2 teams that actually have good offenses.   Does Sammy help them?   Sure.     Is he the reason they're good?    Nope.

18 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

it was never about Sammys ability.   It was about his availability.     when it came time to give him a huge contract,   the org decided that he wasnt reliable enough to invest in him.

the injuries while he was here,   that soured most on Sammy.    Sammys fault?  mbe,  mbe not.    He's been lucky in his post Bills career so far,  hes gone to 2 teams that actually have good offenses.   Does Sammy help them?   Sure.     Is he the reason they're good?    Nope.

Relative to the talent in KC I get your point.

I do think over time however Sammy's importance in the grand scheme of things has grown from last season to this season IMO. Counted upon more to make key 1st downs at critical times of a football game.

Myself personally , I believe great things are in store for Sammy Watkins.

I wish him well... 

Edited by Figster