Will Carr follow Fitz in targeting Levi Wallace?

LB48

Derek Carr has a very quick release.  He throws quick and accurate short timing passes.  With the Fitz success vs. Levi and a general lack of respect for the middle coverage by MLB Edmunds in the RAMS game it's a possibility!

Regardless, GO BILLS!

22 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Derek Carr has a very quick release.  He throws quick and accurate short timing passes.  With the Fitz success vs. Levi and a general lack of respect for the middle coverage by MLB Edmunds in the RAMS game it's a possibility!

Regardless, GO BILLS!

He doesn’t have 1 good wr to throw too.  We need to smother the run and key on waller 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me, this all boils down to 2020 and the defenses not having sufficient time to acclimate. It’s league-wide. 

For a Star Wars reference: patience, my young Padawan, patience. 😃 

I mentioned elsewhere that McD’s D always have a three game shortfall during the season. We are now on the outside looking in. 

• Like (+1) 1

Way more concerned with picking on Edmunds who looked completely lost out there last week.  Goff ate him alive. His lack of discipline to his zone is going to cost this team until he learns to do his job or he gets replaced.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Way more concerned with picking on Edmunds who looked completely lost out there last week.  Goff ate him alive. His lack of discipline to his zone is going to cost this team until he learns to do his job or he gets replaced.

I agree.  He's constantly running all over in the middle of the field and accomplishing nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think Levi Wallace is a lot better than people think.. but of course Carr will go after him.. Tre is the alternative and although Tre has had a down year I think he’s poised to break out eventually.. I think Darren Waller is a huge threat to our defense... I’d look out for him..

I agree with this about 100%. Levi isn’t bad, he just lacks consistency. 
Renfrow will also be a serious weapon to go with waller. They’re gonna dink and dunk 5 yard passes all day long pounding Jacobs. 

Let’s hope Zay Jones doesn’t appear and have a career game lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Regardless, GO BILLS!

You think there's a general lack of respect for Edmunds in coverage

20 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I agree.  He's constantly running all over in the middle of the field and accomplishing nothing.

Lol. You really just have no idea what you are talking about. 

Edmunds was very bad defending the run.  He was solid the overwhelming majority of the game in pass protection. The only time he looked bad in pass protection was when he was chasing Woods or Kupp, which of course is an impossible assignment for almost anyone, much less a linebacker. Getting guys in that position, however, is what makes McVay so good. 

Fans, for whatever reason, think that if a player was bad in one distinct area of responsibility, they were bad in all areas. This is obviously not how that works. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Lol. You really just have no idea what you are talking about. 

Edmunds was very bad defending the run.  He was solid the overwhelming majority of the game in pass protection. The only time he looked bad in pass protection was when he was chasing Woods or Kupp, which of course is an impossible assignment for almost anyone, much less a linebacker. Getting guys in that position, however, is what makes McVay so good. 

Fans, for whatever reason, think that if a player was bad in one distinct area of responsibility, they were bad in all areas. This is obviously not how that works. 

Did you see Edmunds defend a single pass Sunday? 

2 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Did you see Edmunds defend a single pass Sunday? 

THAT comment. That comment right there. That is how I know you have no idea what you are talking about. 

90% of what makes him so effective is he deters passes over and through him. He makes throwing over the middle of the field so much more difficult. 

This is the equivalent of saying a CB is a good defender because he has a lot of tackles--it just completely misunderstands their role in the defense. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LB48 said:

You two are seriously confused,  Edmunds isn’t going anywhere, the guy was coming off a shoulder injury at the same time Milano was coming off a hamstring injury, both after being out for a game,  context fellas, context... talk about looking at players with blinders on... nuthin but luv, 

Go Bills!!!

27 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

THAT comment. That comment right there. That is how I know you have no idea what you are talking about. 

90% of what makes him so effective is he deters passes over and through him. He makes throwing over the middle of the field so much more difficult. 

This is the equivalent of saying a CB is a good defender because he has a lot of tackles--it just completely misunderstands their role in the defense. 

27 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think you have more belief in Edmunds than his stats justify.  Per ESPN Stats Edmunds in 2 games he has ZERO passes defended.  Even Levi has 3. 

11 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I think you have more belief in Edmunds than his stats justify.  Per ESPN Stats Edmunds in 2 games he has ZERO passes defended.  Even Levi has 3. 

Ok, we are in the trust tree here.  Do you really think the stat passes defended is the appropriate metric for understanding what role Edmunds plays in our pass coverage? Like, if you really believe that, its just a matter of learning about how pass defense works in the NFL. You don't have to continue not knowing how this works. But you have to first admit that you don't quite understand. Maybe you're a novice; maybe your an offense guy. That's all fine. But you have to ask first. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

For me, this all boils down to 2020 and the defenses not having sufficient time to acclimate. It’s league-wide. 

For a Star Wars reference: patience, my young Padawan, patience. 😃 

I mentioned elsewhere that McD’s D always have a three game shortfall during the season. We are now on the outside looking in. 

I think some of the increased scoring can be attributed to the visiting QB's being able to hear, audible, re-set plays; tackles being able to get off on the snap of the ball and not a count late: no momentum for home teams when their fans are raucously cheering good plays and scores. Teams like the Rams that have lots of pre snap motion and movement  catch a major break in playing in Buffalo without our fans there. Better QB play equals more scoring. Scoring is up all over the place. Running more collegiate type sets and colleges developing QB's who are familiar with it when they hit the pros helps too. 

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BubbaT said:

I think it comes the visiting QB's being able to hear, audible, re-set plays; tackles being able to get off on the snap of the ball and not a count late: no momentum for home teams when their fans are raucously cheering good plays and scores. Teams like the Rams that have lots of pre snap motion and movement  catch a major break in playing in Buffalo without our fans there. Better QB play equals more scoring. Scoring is up all over the place. Running more collegiate type sets and colleges developing QB's who are familiar with it when they hit the pros helps too. 

I agree. There are many factors involved. 

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

troll thread 100%

Thanks for a comment on the subject

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Ok, we are in the trust tree here.  Do you really think the stat passes defended is the appropriate metric for understanding what role Edmunds plays in our pass coverage? Like, if you really believe that, its just a matter of learning about how pass defense works in the NFL. You don't have to continue not knowing how this works. But you have to first admit that you don't quite understand. Maybe you're a novice; maybe your an offense guy. That's all fine. But you have to ask first. 

Ask you - - wow.  You have a belief in your mind and it won't change.  Edmunds has become a big liability playing MLB in our defense.

There are a few players on the squad currently that are raising concern, to me at least.

Harrison Phillips is getting pushed around way too much, probably not 100% yet. 

Levi Wallace, but not totally his fault. When an All Pro is on the other side you're gonna get picked on, especially if you're not starter material. 

Jerry Hughes (0 sacks and 1 assist in 3 games) YIKES!

Trent Murphy (1 sack and 0 assists).

Edmunds is not the least of my worries, he still shows flaws. But he's a freak athlete and very young learning a demanding position. There's more promise than concern when it comes to him. He will still have a place here if the whole MLB thing doesn't work out.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

There are a few players on the squad currently that are raising concern, to me at least.

Harrison Phillips is getting pushed around way too much, probably not 100% yet. 

Levi Wallace, but not totally his fault. When an All Pro is on the other side you're gonna get picked on, especially if you're not starter material. 

Jerry Hughes (0 sacks and 1 assist in 3 games) YIKES!

Trent Murphy (1 sack and 0 assists).

Edmunds is not the least of my worries, he still shows flaws. But he's a freak athlete and very young learning a demanding position. There's more promise than concern when it comes to him. He will still have a place here if the whole MLB thing doesn't work out.

Great response.  I think Edmunds will end up as an OLB where he doesn't have to stuff runs up the middle.  Hughes just isn't a big factor anymore.

They are going to try to run it down our throats.  

That's the game plan.  

They don't have the ability or mismatches against our guys (Milano and the Safeties will keep Waller in check).  

I just hope the Secondary doesn't take the scrubs out there lightly because if Carr is hot it could be a problem.  Especially if they're running it well.  

Front 7 you guys are under the spotlight this week.  That oline is banged up and you just got abused by the Rams.  

4 hours ago, LB48 said:

Regardless, GO BILLS!

Well, Carr can try, but It’s going to be tough with Levi on the sideline.....

Josh Norman gets his shot this week. Somebody has to sit.  This is a good problem as Levi is a good football player.

We are doing what we are supposed to do, we are trying to get better. Hopefully, Mr. Norman can find the Carolina magic and really solidify our secondary adding toughness and big play ability.

(Now, someone has to get Tremaine convinced he is a star and have him play like one. Then, we can play with KC ....)

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They are going to try to run it down our throats.  

That's the game plan.  

They don't have the ability or mismatches against our guys (Milano and the Safeties will keep Waller in check).  

I just hope the Secondary doesn't take the scrubs out there lightly because if Carr is hot it could be a problem.  Especially if they're running it well.  

Front 7 you guys are under the spotlight this week.  That oline is banged up and you just got abused by the Rams.  

Well said. Tremaine was awful last week, whoever the LDT was also poor. We’ll see if we can slow down a running game this week.

I’ll tell ya, I rewatched that Houston playoff game a couple of times and Star really played well in that game. He made critical third and short stops for us and know he is gone.

This will be a great test to see if we can stop the run.

• Like (+1) 1