HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Can roughing be subjective though? I thought it was pretty defined: Hits to the head, low hits, late hits. 

I'm not defending the hit mind you, just thinking it through. 

I'm thinking roughing could be subjective in certain situations.  That's where the "unnecessary", which is a subjective attribute, comes in.  But you're right it's not an automatic penalty like smacking the QB in the head.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Horrible landing place for an esteemed and distinguished football warrior on the waning side of a HOF career

"Know When to Say When"

Like the Doc Holiday reference from Tombstone.  Now I’m really out.  I was shutting down and my bud hapless replied, and I was like darn, what did he say.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Love the NFL Vote commercial that looks like someone shot with a camcorder.

Cameron Jordan "You cant win if you dont play.."  I'd like to remind him you also cant lose. 

Thank you!  I was wondering who the player was who said that.  I love the way he says it.

2 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Am I irrational for thinking the Bills would be better off forfeiting their game at Metlife rather than risking playing on that field?

I was just thinking that. And why are they still running gore up The gut lol 

• Like (+1) 1

I know every team gets a "primetime" game, but this is ridiculous. I'm actually feeling bad for the Jets and I don't like that feeling.

It's like watching a UFC fight where you are rooting against a loudmouth idiot.  But then he just starts getting pummeled past the point of needing a ref stoppage and you start to not enjoy watching your enemy get beat...

4 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

My brain watching this game has been turning back on itself. 

First,  find myself rooting against Darnold and the Jets, because I hate the Jets. Its a DNA thing.

Then, I start feeling sorry for the poor Darnold kid. Its not his fault the Jets drafted him, right? And are they trying to ruin him? Wait. Are they actually trying to kill him? He may not live much longer behind that line. I find myself rooting for the Jets, a little.

BUT, its the Jets. I hate the Jets.

Then, I begin to worry that the Jets may get the first pick and get Trevor, so I root for them again. Be bad, but don't be first-draft-pick-overall-bad.

BUT, it hits me. If the Jets pick Trevor, they'll ruin him anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Then, I start thinking about Trevor, the next Peyton Manning in the wings, and I'm like if the Jets get him, say goodbye to a player who could be a lot of fun to watch over the years. Goodbye Peyton 2.0. So, I root for the Jets to win again. If  the Jets beat the Broncos, the Broncos probably land on Trevor. That's okay. Go Jets, right?

But...its still the Jets and rooting for them is very hard, so ultimately I land on

SCREW IT. Jets suck, and I hope they burn.

(please note: that my thought process about this game has been much more entertaining to me, personally, than the actual game.)

Nicely done.

Those are the kinds of thoughts I have when I'm watching a game I don't really care about. Weird thing is I always wind up pulling for one team or another. But sometimes it takes till the 2nd half for my brain and emotions to meld.

Right now I'm on "Vic Fangio needs to get fired so the Jets need to win."

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I vaguely remember this happening to the Bills once, last year maybe 

Yeah. Against the Giants I believe. Cannot line up over the center or run into his head. Bills ended up scoring a TD off it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is a bad football game.

Two worst coaches in the NFL although in different ways.

How did the special teams coach of the Broncs not know that you can't hit the long snapper high? I mean, I knew you couldn't line up over him, but I didn't know you couldn't come at him sideways. That's why you have a coach.

The officiating is the worst i have seen in a while. The pass to the EZ by darnold was perfect, but the defender grabbed the reciever’s hand and armbarred him.  The interference was as clear as day—but no call. I hate the jets, but i hate seeing terrible officiating even more.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. Against the Giants I believe. Cannot line up over the center or run into his head. Bills ended up scoring a TD off it.

Thank you - I knew it wasn’t that long ago and I remember being pissed because that was week 2 and Morse had been in concussion protocol all of TC 

• Like (+1) 1