HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

3rd personal foul against the Jets D

I was just thinking right now I'd hate to play them.  They're out of control and going for nasty

Wonder how much is in the pot for the Jets defense tonight?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

3rd personal foul against the Jets D

I was just thinking right now I'd hate to play them.  They're out of control and going for nasty

Right not worried about beating them worried about the team getting out healthy.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks for this. 

This is the only thing that I can find that seems to relate to that play: 

When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down

Not sure how that works as he wasn't passing at all. 

I still wish Darnold (again don’t have a problem with the guy just his team is an embarrassment) would say heck no, and hold out after this year and go to one of the teams who have aging QB’s.  Even if it means he backs up for a year and competes like Indy, NO, TB, Pitt, and maybe even although a stretch Detroit.  Give the kid a break, let him learn from a pro, and most of these coaches minus Patricia are pretty good with QB’s.  I don’t know if he’s washed up, or relegated to a backup as some have suggested as he’s not Rosen.  He’s playing with crap players and coaches and tried hard.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for this. 

This is the only thing that I can find that seems to relate to that play: 

Not sure how that works as he wasn't passing at all. 

I had found that link and was going to post that exact quote. But then after re-reading it a couple times, Im not so sure.

Darnold wasnt in a passing stance or motion at that point. He was a runner. I dont think there is a rule against whipping a runner down. But I dont know.

You're right. It seems like it should be illegal, but it might not be.

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Lol. I'm not talking about intent. I'm literally asking if what he did was a violation of the rules or not. 

Literally the Broncos lost a game on a far, far more marginal call last year vs. the Bears. There have a bunch of more marginal calls this one, and you can’t bring a qb down violently anymore. It is a penalty.

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know I am late to the party, but did the Jets really think they were a RB away from being really good when they signed Bell before last year?

That was a lame duck GM who they let give out 2 huge Free Agent contracts for players the new regime didnt even want, right before firing him. Classic Jets. Well oiled machine.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I still wish Darnold (again don’t have a problem with the guy just his team is an embarrassment) would say heck no, and hold out after this year and go to one of the teams who have aging QB’s.  Even if it means he backs up for a year and competes like Indy, NO, TB, Pitt, and maybe even although a stretch Detroit.  Give the kid a break, let him learn from a pro, and most of these coaches minus Patricia are pretty good with QB’s.  I don’t know if he’s washed up, or relegated to a backup as some have suggested as he’s not Rosen.  He’s playing with crap players and coaches and tried hard.

This a million times 

• Like (+1) 1

My brain watching this game has been turning back on itself. 

First,  find myself rooting against Darnold and the Jets, because I hate the Jets. Its a DNA thing.

Then, I start feeling sorry for the poor Darnold kid. Its not his fault the Jets drafted him, right? And are they trying to ruin him? Wait. Are they actually trying to kill him? He may not live much longer behind that line. I find myself rooting for the Jets, a little.

BUT, its the Jets. I hate the Jets.

Then, I begin to worry that the Jets may get the first pick and get Trevor, so I root for them again. Be bad, but don't be first-draft-pick-overall-bad.

BUT, it hits me. If the Jets pick Trevor, they'll ruin him anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Then, I start thinking about Trevor, the next Peyton Manning in the wings, and I'm like if the Jets get him, say goodbye to a player who could be a lot of fun to watch over the years. Goodbye Peyton 2.0. So, I root for the Jets to win again. If  the Jets beat the Broncos, the Broncos probably land on Trevor. That's okay. Go Jets, right?

But...its still the Jets and rooting for them is very hard, so ultimately I land on

SCREW IT. Jets suck, and I hope they burn.

(please note: that my thought process about this game has been much more entertaining to me, personally, than the actual game.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1