Dawson Knox concussion

YoloinOhio

His injury status is critical for this game imo. He hasn’t had a lot of production so far but he creates. Big mismatch for the rams LBs and secondary when you look at their personnel. He’s on the bike today which means he should be in at least stage 2. We will see how he progresses. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His injury status is critical for this game imo. He hasn’t had a lot of production so far but he creates. Big mismatch for the rams LBs and secondary when you look at their personnel. He’s on the bike today which means he should be in at least stage 2. We will see how he progresses. 

His ability to get down the seam creates a lot of opportunity for our wideouts in the middle of the field.  His blocking ability isnt talked about a lot here, but it's very good for a second year player who a lot of people see as more of a receiving weapon.  

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree Knox is important but Kroft isn't a bad player. Not sure if that is as big of a downgrade as you think.

• Like (+1) 4

I doubt that the injury came on the elusive fumble play. Remember, after the video resumed (which was after the fumble), Knox had a near-catch down the seam that was stripped at the last second as he was hitting the ground. It was a great throw by Josh and a nice play by the defender to get the ball out before Knox could secure it. I wonder if that was the play in which he got hurt?

Agree he's needed.  His blocking has improved quite a bit from last year and he is a big strong gtarget.  So many here want to replace him already, but in this offense, the TE isn't going to see that many targets anyway especially if Davis continues to shine with a 4 WR set, so at the least he serves as a good decoy that defenses have to account for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

if he has toes, I think thats a good thing, no? Why would having a toe keep him out of practice?

3 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

Send a 6th round pick to the Bucs for Gronk! A return home to Buffalo. 

I can't think of many things that would make me hate the Bills, but this would get me close. He is a dirty POS. 

I remember an NHL player getting concussed and when the trainer told the coach that the player got dinged good and couldn't remember who he was the coach responded " tell him he's Gretzky"

Time to tell Knox he is Tony G ;)

57 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

How do get turf toe playing on grass? ;) 

Edited by JMF2006
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I remember an NHL player getting concussed and when the trainer told the coach that the player got dinged good and couldn't remember who he was the coach responded " tell him he's Gretzky"

Time to tell Knox he is Tony G ;)

How do get turf toe playing on grass? ;) 

I don’t know if it is actually turf toe. Just a toe injury as far as we know 

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Doesn't it mean that if he is out on the bike he has cleared the first part of concussion protocol?

Yes that’s why I said he should be at least stage 2

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

His ability to get down the seam creates a lot of opportunity for our wideouts in the middle of the field.  His blocking ability isnt talked about a lot here, but it's very good for a second year player who a lot of people see as more of a receiving weapon.  

His blocking is and has been below average borderline terrible

44 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

Send a 6th round pick to the Bucs for Gronk! A return home to Buffalo. 

I actually like this idea.  Gronk doesn't have much left in the tank, but he still can play a little bit and Allen has more to offer him than Brady at this point.  The Bucs have depth at the position and he's not the main guy by any means.  Can he block as well as Smith?  He'd probably be excited to play for his hometown team before he retires.  That said, without fans this year, it wouldn't be the same experience for him.

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I actually like this idea.  Gronk doesn't have much left in the tank, but he still can play a little bit and Allen has more to offer him than Brady at this point.  The Bucs have depth at the position and he's not the main guy by any means.  Can he block as well as Smith?  He'd probably be excited to play for his hometown team before he retires.  That said, without fans this year, it wouldn't be the same experience for him.

No no and NO.  Why don't you go ask Tre about this genius idea of yours?

@YoloinOhio 

@Blaise321 

I submit the missed block on Judon last year that cost the sack fumble, the missed block on the QB sweep vs Texans that might have won the game, and most recently the missed block on Miami DE first drive of second half last game that resulted in third down sack as proof. He is lost as a blocker

I am open to evidence to the contrary

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Critical? At least half the roster is more important than he is. 

I'll admit he's shown some potential and has a few very exciting plays. However, if we're judging him on his overall play the guy is one of the worst starting TE in the league

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Critical? At least half the roster is more important than he is. 

I'll admit he's shown some potential and has a few very exciting plays. However, if we're judging him on his overall play the guy is one of the worst starting TE in the league

He’s a difference maker when put in the position 80% of the time.  20% of the time he sucks