Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And doesn’t count against the cap... so theoretically if he was willing they could sign barkley to the PS and pay him the Same? Or no...

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The salary cap applies to the highest-paid 51 players on the team.  There are usually 51 of those guys without getting to the practice squad - whether or not PS salaries count.

The 51 rule expires Thursday morning at midnight (Sep 10).  All roster players along with PS/!R players salaries count against the cap

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well....I think you can possibly make a case for Mason Rudolph?

Compared to Peterman? No chance. Not even close. Rudolph is 5-3 as a starter with 13 touchdowns to 9 picks. He had a couple of good performances in there. Peterman was a disaster every time he walked on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

We gave up a 7th rounder just to give him a tour of the facility. 

Andre Smith liked Joe B’s tweet btw so the scenario he presented is likely what’s happening. Also the trade may be negated with this move because it was conditional. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Only a surprise because of who there is at linebacker in the back up category on the roster currently. I don’t see them keeping Dodson or Thompson, but the release of Smith might pave the way for one of them.

Thompson was cut yesterday....so looks like Dodson.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This!!! Couldn’t be happier that he’s so bad

I remember on other boards people were full steam on the Mason Rudolph train. Talking about taking him with the 12th overall pick, at least I think that was our original pick that year. It was downright shocking to me

8 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I remember on other boards people were full steam on the Mason Rudolph train. Talking about taking him with the 12th overall pick, at least I think that was our original pick that year. It was downright shocking to me

That wasn’t an isolated issue on other boards. It was very much bandied about here. I, of course, in my infinite wisdom was not interested. I saw that he had a future as a meme with a very dented head and knew he could not be successful.

11 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I had several nightmares in which we selected Rudolph.  Woke up in cold sweats.  I don’t think there’s ever been a player I hated so much heading into a draft

• Like (+1) 2