Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Kind of a pet peeve of mine too. Even though either is acceptable, I prefer “with regard to” over “in regard to”. I think I was taught that way in an English class I took and it stuck. 🤷‍♂️

Weird how some things stick. 
My daughter is remote learning and working on learning the compass and out of nowhere I popped out N,E,S,W never eat shredded wheat. I haven’t heard that or said it in 30 years since I was in grade school. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Grammar tip. It should be "in regard to," not "in regards to." Regards are for kind regards, etc., not for referring to something.

Are we really doing this?

I’m more concerned about the thoughts and meanings behind a post rather than the correct location of an apostrophe at the end of a letter. The message behind a post matters more than a grammatical error... Stupid to throw out an otherwise insightful post because someone is not an English major..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m more concerned about the thoughts and meanings behind a post rather than the correct location of an apostrophe at the end of a letter. The message behind a post matters more than a grammatical error... Stupid to throw out an otherwise insightful post because someone is not an English major..

No one cares until grandma gets eaten.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Well, I guess even a full year off to dive into the playbook didn't help Joseph after all. 

Sounds more from everything that as written was Dobson out preformed him and with the Bills only playing two LB's as much as they do, only a need for 5 total, Milano, Edmunds, Klein, Mr M, and Dobson.

(Not going to even try to spell Mr M!)

41 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I do think Sweeney makes the 53 roster and probably at the expense of Lee Smith if I had to make a guess now.  While they do love Smith's locker room presence, we have other leaders on this team too now.  I just don't think he brings enough to the table on the field and is a penalty risk too often to continue to hold a roster spot on this much improved overall roster.  

Kind of funny I was saying and thinking that before camp started.  But after 5 weeks of PUP for Sweeney, gave up and assumed Smith was on roster and Sweeney to PUP.  Now this! 

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like that DiMarco is IR’d. Classy move by the team and allows some young talent a chance. 

How is that a classy move?  True he gets paid, but I'd be willing to bet if DeMarco could still play this year, he'd have rather been cut than placed on IR where now he sits out an entire year.  He plays a position that not too many teams even use, so sitting out a full year won't help his career too much.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him released with an injury settlement. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Vosean Joseph is added to the PS, but neither would I be shocked if he isn't.  I think mentally he's not sufficiently up to speed to justify a roster spot.  Whether or not he has potential to learn, is a judgment the Bills have to make.   I think DiMarco to IR may clear the way for Gilliam.  He's listed now for a different position, but he can do a lot of the same stuff as DiMarco.  I'm not sure what the Bills are doing with Sweeney.  Did he have to come off PUP to have any eligibility for the season.  I could see the Bills putting him on IR after they reach 53.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly.  Its like children around here.  

I for one appreciate JW coming by and given what insight he has at any given time.  And its even more comical he's getting grief over Trent Murphy...not like he's alluding to some big trade acquisition with no details here, its a rotational player at best and people giving him grief because the info wasn't definitive yet.  Geesh.  

I can understand the new guy (7 posts) to act like a dick towards JW, but the rest of you regulars should know better.

JW is one of the few "significant" posters on TSW. Don't give him BS.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that is tough with Sweeney missing so much of camp.

I get that, but at the same time, Sweeney isn't a rookie either, he already learned the offense last year.  And he's not expected to have a large role from the get go with both Knox and Kroft healthy.  So I think at this point, they saw enough upside in him last year and pretty much know there isn't much Smith brings into the fold outside his stewardship anymore.  I get he's a good blocker, but he is also been too easily penalized.  

With this team full of leaders on and off the field now, I think Smith's value is diminished and the edge goes to Sweeney despite him missing a lot of camp.  I could be wrong on this of course, definitely not a declaration here.  Just my gut thinks Sweeney will make the cut and its most likely at the expense of Lee Smith.  Also, seems like there were some rumblings about Croom having a strong camp this year too.  So if thats accurate, I would assume his name is in the mix still.  Of course, they could also keep 4 TE's as well, although I suspect they go for extra depth at other positions this year rather than keep 4 TE's.  But you never know, maybe they feel safer with 4 given Krofts injury history.  

53 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I agree with the bolded section. Of course it doesn’t really matter, but this is a message board. Stranger posts have come up. Especially these days. Not like Giuseppe was wrong. Besides, what else are we supposed to do in a thread that has reached 9 pages for only 4-5 moves made an hour or so ago? Nitpicking is what we Bills fans do best. That and hope for next year. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I harbored unrealistic hopes Vosean would be like Milano lite... 

I really think this is our 1st round pick position next year.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ignore the idiots John. Plenty of us value your input.

I was going to second this.....but I see that it has been seconded, third, and fourth

Please keep posting John

• Like (+1) 1