Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree and trust can be construed as side deals or unwritten promises which I would think the league would frown on.

One article I read stated Brian Boehm is a likely candidate for this too.

Now there's a waaay-back slip  😛

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It always happens with every team. It's been happening for about 40 years that I know of. Last year's example was cutting safety Kurt Coleman, putting Croom on IR after he made the 53 and then resigning Coleman.

I should edit this. During the years before they made the rule where you could bring guys back from IR if they made the 53 it didn't happen because there was no reason for it to. But before the salary cap, when that rule saying every IR player was gone for the whole season,  it happened a lot. As in, every team would do it with 3-4 players every year.

I guess I'm showing my age.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PirateHookerMD said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> LB Del&#39;Shawn Phillips has made the 53-man roster, per source. Phillips wasn&#39;t talked about a ton during camp in the depth linebacker battle, but it looks like he made an impression.</p>&mdash; Matt Parrino (@MattParrino) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1302318620870168578?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

never heard of this guy

By the looks of your post, neither will any of the rest of us.

• Haha (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Having released Smart earlier -Bills likely now going with Jefferson, Butler, Oliver and Phillips (expect Zimmer to be waived).  Decent position group but not over the top scary.  Hope Smart makes it to PS. Need another big dog in there (Dareus anyone?). Beane might go "cut shopping" for a DT.

3 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

never heard of this guy

now that is the first real surprise of the afternoon.

He is a super solid linebacker from the fighting illini who was an UDFA last year. Bills coaches liked him enough to keep him around and looks like he put in the work. Real feel good story of the camp that noone is talking about

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow.  Very happy for Gilliam, this is something I thought could really happen.  He's going to be a ST force while learning the TE/FB/H-back combo role.

Know next to nothing about Phillips.  This is a surprise.

• Like (+1) 1