Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK so what is the correct name?  When typing it thought I may be off a couple of letters or so.

Evan

Thanks for the memories of the Brian Brohm era though :)

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean if he's there I bet they put him on the PS but that's a big If.

There are a good many wide receiver needy teams and Duke is a NFL receiver. He just got caught up in a numbers game and Gabe Davis just blew him out of the water in Camp.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why would this be the case when the reports out of camp are nothing but positive in terms of his performance and work ethic? "Bless his heart" were the terms Sal used.

In great swaths of this country the phrase "Bless his heart" is not to be taken positively.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why would this be the case when the reports out of camp are nothing but positive in terms of his performance and work ethic? "Bless his heart" were the terms Sal used.

It's over. Move on. The next Brandon Reilly / Duke Williams is waiting for you

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if he's there I bet they put him on the PS but that's a big If.

He cleared waivers last year no problem. He'll be there. Literally nobody think much of him except a small contingent of Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Mountain Man said:

Why would he get picked up? He has nothing in the 4 years since he left college to suggest he is NFL standard

I agree, totally. But I can see someone... a bottom feeder.... taking him for the bottom of the roster. They might not, and he might be back. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

He cleared waivers last year no problem. He'll be there. Literally nobody think much of him except a small contingent of Bills fans.

I’d put him as the fourth or fifth wide receiver on about 12 squads right now. The Seahawks, 49ers, Packers, Patriots, Jets and the Chargers come to mind.

edit: That’s not to say he’s a great wide receiver, he’s just better than a lot of guys who are currently in place to be on those rosters today.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I agree, totally. But I can see someone... a bottom feeder.... taking him for the bottom of the roster. They might not, and he might be back. 

Might see one of these receiver needy teams ***** him, depending on other teams cuts and how many better receivers become available.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So your basically reminding us how bad the Jets WRs are. OK, yes, that's plausible. But if you want a big WR who has done nothing, why not sign Hakeem Butler, who is younger and more unknown. 

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I’d put him as the fourth or fifth wide receiver on about 12 squads right now. The Seahawks, 49ers, Packers, Patriots, Jets and the Chargers come to mind.

You might, but that doesn't mean anyone else would, especially those making the decisions.

Just now, Mountain Man said:

So your basically reminding us how bad the Jets WRs are. OK, yes, that's plausible. But if you want a big WR who has done nothing, why not sign Hakeem Butler, who is younger and more unknown. 

Believe me I am no Duke Williams fan. But there are some teams really struggling at the bottom end of those rosters for receiver depth. Wouldn't be shocked if he got picked up.... wouldn't be shocked he didn't. Glad he won't be on this team, he isn't up to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

You might, but that doesn't mean anyone else would, especially those making the decisions.

You’re not wrong whatsoever. But I didn’t say that all the minds in the NFL think that he’s in that position, just my meagre mind.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That was before he had any playing time in actual NFL games.

I guess his 166 yards and 1 TD has teams lined up to sign him?

We'll see, I guess. I don't have anything against him. I'm just confused why so many Bills fans are enamored with him.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MJS said:

We'll see, I guess. I don't have anything against him. I'm just confused why so many Bills fans are enamored with him.

I don’t think that there are a ton of bills fans that are enamoured with him, but he did show up in his first game and played really well. He’s a big body who has proven performance in a lower tier league of the CFL. He made some incredible contested catches in that league and has a great highlight reel. It’s not hard to see why people would cheer for him

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

What I'm trying to say is last year the Bills said he was good enough to get playing time during the playoff game and he actually made plays. There are plenty of teams who are weaker at WR than we were last year.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Bills fans like an underdog. A lot.

Just now, davefan66 said:

At least he has his 2nd career to fall back on.

Goaltending? 0.00 GAA

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Given the Bills' cap situation it is not. It is what he can command on the market - and every bit saved gives future flexibility when we extend White, Milano, Allen, Edmunds etc.

I’m sure Beane has a plan. He’s generally 5 steps ahead of the fan base 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Believe me I am no Duke Williams fan. But there are some teams really struggling at the bottom end of those rosters for receiver depth. Wouldn't be shocked if he got picked up.... wouldn't be shocked he didn't. Glad he won't be on this team, he isn't up to it. 

Oh I agree with you. I was just putting forward what I'd do in that situation.