Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Boehm then? Cos I have 12 oline...

I didnt count Feliciano he techically not on IR but i gotta figure he would go on with a designation to return. Oh and great work GunnerBill keeping track of it all is work.

Edited by Whkfc

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Dawkins, Ford, Morse, Spain, Williams, Nsekhe, Bates, Boehm, Boettger, Salami(spellecheck haha!), Winters = 11. Who am I missing?

Feliciano is still on the roster. He needs to be kept active or ird.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I didnt count Feliciano he techically not on IR but i gotta figure he would go on with a designation to return. Oh and great work GunnerBill keeping track of it all is work.

He can't be IR'd until after the cut downs otherwise he is done for the year. So he still counts. 

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I guess I missed it. Is Wade on his ‘special’ PS?

Yes. But ofter in the second year the player prefers to be a normal PS guy. Because with his special status he can't be activated. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I feel like I can't truly move on with my day until I know all of the cuts, so the fact that it's almost 5:00 and we still don't know is very frustrating and also speaks to my misplaced priorities.

Beane fell asleep at the phone. NFL announced punishment as a 3rd round comp pick for New England and they also get to redo their kicker draft pick and take bass 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. But ofter in the second year the player prefers to be a normal PS guy. Because with his special status he can't be activated. 

A assume Wade can turn down his special status, and I wonder if the Bills would still be interested in keeping him on the PS (or any other team, for that matter)?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Sal C says 8 to go....   EhLfR3OXkAAwJP2?format=png&name=small

That is what I have too.

Fromm, Boehm, Salako, Wade, Love..... they are the easy ones... that gets you to 3 more needed. Then I think Foster, Yeldon and Murphy or Winters....

Edited by GunnerBill

Yo, Rocky (sorry saw the last one last weekend), if he turns down his special short bus status as someone put it, and they already picked their 16 persons, he’s cut or they send another packing.  He’s 29 so another year here on this status, he’d be 30, but he’s getting a nice paycheck.  He also has another shot at the final 53 next year at the league minimum.  Not sure on what they would have to pay him, but at least he has a shot.  He’s not exactly making a ton at rugby.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is what I have too.

Fromm, Boehm, Salako, Wade, Love..... they are the easy ones... that gets you to 3 more needed. Then I think Foster, Yeldon and Murphy or Winters....

Wonder if Feliciano's spot can be used for someone else if they IR him

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yo, Rocky (sorry saw the last one last weekend), if he turns down his special short bus status as someone put it, and they already picked their 16 persons, he’s cut or they send another packing.  He’s 29 so another year here on this status, he’d be 30, but he’s getting a nice paycheck.  He also has another shot at the final 53 next year at the league minimum.  Not sure on what they would have to pay him, but at least he has a shot.  He’s not exactly making a ton at rugby.

I wonder where his head's at regarding playing vs. a decent paycheck? To hear him talk, it doesn't sound like it's about the money, but that he's following his dream. I would think another year locked on the PS might kill that dream? Although, so might declining the special status. Be that as it may, he seemed like a really fun player to watch. I hope he gets his chance.

Alright, I went to see Tenet with a friend as this is maddening.  It was awesome BTW.  Worth the ticket and my company wasn’t hard on the eyes either.

Can they just announce the fargin 53 and get it over?  I know it will all change anyway as Beane will be looking for waiver guys and there will be some depth substitutions for a week or so, but come on. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I wonder where his head's at regarding playing vs. a decent paycheck? To hear him talk, it doesn't sound like it's about the money, but that he's following his dream. I would think another year locked on the PS might kill that dream? Although, so might declining the special status. Be that as it may, he seemed like a really fun player to watch. I hope he gets his chance.

I know and have seen and heard the interviews.  If it’s really his dream, then he waits another year, becomes an expert at American football, and has a shot next year.  What does he have to lose?

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Why is Murphy’s salary such a big concern?

Because we can roll it over to next year.  With next years cap questions due to covid, lots of teams seem to be rolling over what they can. If they view him as only moderately better than Johnson, if at all, than it could make sense.

I’m all for fielding the best team THIS year, but the pros may have other ideas