Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Annnnnnd that leaves only 4.5 CBs... as I said in another thread, this is insane:

White
Wallace (injured)
Norman (injured)
T. Johnson (injured every year)
Neal

I don't know how you can possibly look at this as a staff and be anything but scared sh*tless, but what do I know.

Norman is back at practice. Wallace is day to day. But I agree I would like more depth.

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Annnnnnd that leaves only 4.5 CBs... as I said in another thread, this is insane:

White
Wallace (injured)
Norman (injured)
T. Johnson (injured every year)
Neal

I don't know how you can possibly look at this as a staff and be anything but scared sh*tless, but what do I know.

I’m guessing they maybe pursue Rasul Douglas..they were all over him pre draft. Nate Hairston as well. 

Just now, Codyny13 said:

Won’t be surprised to see somebody added from another team. Suprised to see Marlowe go, but there are a few safeties out there. Well see

For me, Beane has earned my trust...I think he is always looking for players and thinking of making moves.  I'm sure there will be more player moves in the next couple of days.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

What’s wrong with jones? Guys a special teams champ 

Like Lee Smith, he’s another one of those fringe NFL players who stays around because he has this one great skill.

Lee Smith is supposed to be this great blocker, he’s a complete liability on the field.

And Jones is just taking a roster spot from someone more capable.

Shades of Joe Webb with those two choices. 

Puke.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I know he's a special teams guy, but I remember how unimpressed I was with Jones before, when he was a Bill.

I'll never forget when the chargers knocked Jones' helmet off in the endzone and cut him but good. total cheap shot. Im glad the guy recovered from that it was nasty. (home opener 2 years ago)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Like Lee Smith, he’s another one of those fringe NFL players who stays around because he has this one great skill.

Lee Smith is supposed to be this great blocker, he’s a complete liability on the field.

And Jones is just taking a roster spot from someone more capable.

Shades of Joe Webb with those two choices. 

Puke.

Jones is taking a roster spot from who that’s more capable? How many third string running backs you think can play special teams and even return in a pinch? Let’s also remember if he is forced to play he can catch too. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

For me, Beane has earned my trust...I think he is always looking for players and thinking of making moves.  I'm sure there will be more player moves in the next couple of days.

I agree I doubt he is done making deals. He'll pull at least one off and find a gem for a decent price . It's what he does.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Disagree, Lee Smith is a complete liability every time he touches the field.

And Jones is a classic no impact journeyman running back who of course plays Special Teams.

Better hope we don’t need a cornerback.

Yeah, it's unbelievable the depth we keep at o-line for players who will never play all season, while going into each week praying about the cornerback position. I do not get it.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And Jones is a classic no impact journeyman running back who of course plays Special Teams.

Lee Smith is an excellent blocker. That is his job. 

And special teams matter. How can someone who has been in a division with New England for the last 20 years not realise that?

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Guess we’re gonna see 20,000 fake jet sweeps again. Interesting to see how they work him on the field over Beasley brown and diggs. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think they plan to work him on the field over Beasley Brown and Diggs or return instead of Roberts.  Diggs can run reverses and jet sweeps.

But if one of those guys goes down, they want a guy who can fill in.

Bit of everything - I don't think he sees as much time as he did last year. Though I see him being primarily deployed on run plays with pre-snap motions and the occasional sweep. He still provides a dynamic aspect to the offense that defenses have to scheme for in that regard, and can otherwise plug-in on most routes as needed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

With all due respect to your vast experience and unquestioned skills in building an NFL roster, I think I might prefer to trust the professionals here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1