Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Did he say he was behind or still had plenty to learn? I thought he sounded like he always does when talking about rookies.

He never once said that he was way behind

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Did he say he was behind or still had plenty to learn? I thought he sounded like he always does when talking about rookies.

Yea it might have been a lot to learn. I just remember thinking that doesn't sound like a guy they want to roster. I thought it sounded more like a guy they wanted to sneak through waivers. They moved him to tight end too. I am not sure he is making it as a full back. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea it might have been a lot to learn. I just remember thinking that doesn't sound like a guy they want to roster. I thought it sounded more like a guy they wanted to sneak through waivers. They moved him to tight end too. I am not sure he is making it as a full back. 

Before he got moved to TE I just figured the media got the response they'd always get from McDermott. Asking about DiMarco and Gilliam he doesn't throw the vet under the bus and talks about how much of a contributor he's been to the team and the rookie still has to earn his way. Moving him to TE confused the hell out of me because I could see him having a shot at FB but it seemed like him trying for TE at that point in camp was insane.

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I could make the case for Webb, with this bizarre year we might keep 4 and put Fromm on the PS hope he doesnt get poached.  I have to wonder if Webb isnt as good as Barkely.

Barkley was very bad against the Jets in the season finale, his arm looked dead on some of the throws he attempted to make. Good veteran but I wouldn't be comfortable with him as the back-up, at least Webb would be an unknown and if he has been better than Barkley during TC he should deserve the roster spot. 

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Me too. I owe Gunner Bill a doff of the cap. He was right about him, I wasn’t.

I liked him at draft time. Was pumped about the pick. But he ended last pre-season with the 3rd stringers before the convenient injury that allowed them to IR stash him. He was constantly out of position and looked like his brain was swimming out there. I thought even then Dodson (who I also loved in that draft and I was amazed he went undrafted) had outplayed him. Sounds very much like that continued this camp. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Right but when he reports it we're all free to say that this tells us nothing.

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Or we could be considerate and just refrain from responding since he is not obligated to tell us anything.

I think CorkScrweHill said it best here...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sweeney activate off PUP.  That could change some things.

I do think Sweeney makes the 53 roster and probably at the expense of Lee Smith if I had to make a guess now.  While they do love Smith's locker room presence, we have other leaders on this team too now.  I just don't think he brings enough to the table on the field and is a penalty risk too often to continue to hold a roster spot on this much improved overall roster.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I do think Sweeney makes the 53 roster and probably at the expense of Lee Smith if I had to make a guess now.  While they do love Smith's locker room presence, we have other leaders on this team too now.  I just don't think he brings enough to the table on the field and is a penalty risk too often to continue to hold a roster spot on this much improved overall roster.  

shhh, you'll get people mad.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean that is tough with Sweeney missing so much of camp.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Grammar tip. It should be "in regard to," not "in regards to." Regards are for kind regards, etc., not for referring to something.

Kind of a pet peeve of mine too. Even though either is acceptable, I prefer “with regard to” over “in regard to”. I think I was taught that way in an English class I took and it stuck. 🤷‍♂️