Another foot injury for Tyler Kroft

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

So did Sean make it sound serious?

Really didn't dive too much into it.  List off the injuries and said his foot was stepped on and would be monitoring it.  Didn't say if it was the same foot from the past or if it was serious but sounded more like a "we'll see if it's an issue" as opposed to serious concern.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Time for Sweeney’s foot injury to heal up, or is Croom now our guy... all in all this sucks for him and our offense.

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I mean someone stepping on his foot isn't exactly his fault

Life is cruel.  Can't they just get Pufnstuf a pair of CCM Tacks, and take the blades off?  How about a pair of metatarsal guard steel toe work boots?

15 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Why can't we seem to get a stud TE like Kelce or the Gronk. Gronk was from south Buffalo and we missed this guy somehow.

Gronk gets his foot stepped on, he's too dumb to notice.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, eball said:

I think you're reading A LOT into camp reports if you took this away from them.  I believe it's pretty clear the focus of this camp has been to develop chemistry with all of the new WRs.  Knox has received good reports on his blocking, and I've only heard mention of one drop (that I recall).

I've seen a few reports mention drops he's had during camp, it seems like a recurring issue. He might just be one of those players who never figures out his hands.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

This guy really isn't putting his best foot forward...

It's certainly not a step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I hear Croom's been having a good camp...

They should convert him to safety. Pegs already knows that he's good in the box...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Too bad this guy can’t stay healthy. He’s not a star TE by any means, but If he could ever play a full season I think he’d put up 400 yards and 4 or 5 TDs consistently.

That TD in the Houston game was beautiful 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’ll be really happy when we have Knox and someone currently not on our roster as our TE1 and 2

I think Sweeney has a chance at being our #2... he’s not a game breaker but he has the potential to be a solid player for us.. wouldn’t surprise me to see him eventually lockdown that spot opposite of Knox...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's like when Morse got booted in the head in training camp or whatever and suddenly people were all up in arms about him being "injury prone".

*edit*

Or maybe getting stepped on is more common than we think, and everyone else's ankles/feet just aren't as brittle.

Or maybe he was bleeding and they sewed him up and he'll be back tomorrow. 

Let's maybe wait and see a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I'll say it again -- Kroft's ankles and feet don't look big enough to carry his weight.   

If I had to guess, he seems like a natural 190-pound guy who's bulked up and his body can't handle the stress from the extra weight...

Kroft.jpg

Never skip leg day Bro!

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Beane played the Kroft contract incredibly bad.

The contract when it was signed was horrible.

He had a chance to get out after last season with like a million and half dead cap, and instead restructured to bring the dead cap up to 5 million this year in order to have no dead cap next year.  Everyone knew this guy has no business being on this roster this year and now he has to be.

I just never understood why teams pay pro personal so much money in front office when they could just put a poll on a fan website and get better results. ?

If they did we would have had John Skelton as 20 year probowl starting QB!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ALF said:

2020    Contract details by year    27    $3,400,000    $1,600,000    $312,500    $100,000    $5,412,500    $5,000,000

2020 salary fully guaranteed per restructure
2021 automatically voids

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyler-kroft-16809/

Ouch!     $5 million dead cap?    He's not going anywhere...

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I think Sweeney has a chance at being our #2... he’s not a game breaker but he has the potential to be a solid player for us.. wouldn’t surprise me to see him eventually lockdown that spot opposite of Knox...

I have some hope of this as well.  He flashed in college with great quick hands.  But couldn’t keep Lee Smith off of the field. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Was hoping the Bills would have upgraded the TE position in the offseason, but no luck. They made more upgrades to WR and RB, so I guess TE would be next?

It's tough to cover every position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Think Pegula's daughter keeps stepping on the TE's feet while wearing her spiked heels!

We need Hedley Lamarr's "Kinky..." to go with that observation.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane has done a solid job to this point, but let's not act like his comments are wrong.... and he had a chance to get out and doubled down on Kraft. 

Knox, Smith and Croom is a bad group. 

Would love to see him swing a trade for Njoku. They'd be loaded offensively at the skills position. 

Never should have cut Jack Nicholson's nephew!  ?

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s got a chance.  He’s also got a chance to get cut.  I feel his upside is being less than Scott Chandler. Which is fine for a #2.  But that’s his best case scenario imo 

3 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

How big is Duke? Can he pass block if needed to?

I was only joking. It'd take him too long to learn a whole new position where it wouldn't make sense even if we wanted to. But he's 6'3 225.

If he had a years worth of reps & was used just in passing situations, then maybe it'd be possible in theory.
But i was just joking

Edited by brianthomas

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s got a chance.  He’s also got a chance to get cut.  I feel his upside is being less than Scott Chandler. Which is fine for a #2.  But that’s his best case scenario imo 

Actually I was going to say I think Sweeney is S. Chandler...that was exactly the caliber of player I had envisioned.

Not  a star but reliable

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

I was only joking. It'd take him too long to learn a whole new position where it wouldn't make sense even if we wanted to. But he's 6'3 225.

If he had a years worth of reps & was used just in passing situations, then maybe it'd be possible in theory.
But i was just joking

Maybe not a bad idea, a pass route is a pass route, he is big enough to block if needed. Dude has good hands.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He caught the game winning TD in the victory that put the Bills in the playoffs in 2019.

He hasn’t been great, but he did make a key contribution 

Big Whoop! Bills were making it regardless.

Time to cut bait with this guy. Front office has shown a ton of faith with this guy and he's repaid them with absolutely nothing. It's that misplaced faith that has made the Bills FO pause on a reliable TE acquisition. We need a reliable vet TE opposite Knox and Kroft has proven not to be it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'll say it again -- Kroft's ankles and feet don't look big enough to carry his weight.   

If I had to guess, he seems like a natural 190-pound guy who's bulked up and his body can't handle the stress from the extra weight...

Kroft.jpg

Where's he buy his cleats, Lady Footlocker?

• Haha (+1) 1