Bills exploring possibility of allowing fans in stadium

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I live in AZ, they curve just started improving about a week ago, but we are about to open schools in the next 2 weeks, so we'll see what happens. I'm not being held hostage, I went to work today, stopped in the grocery store real quick for a couple items. It's not much of a sacrifice if it may save lives. It won't be permanent, i'm willing to do my part for others.

Those high school kids should be aware that at the rate we're going they're going to lose 2 years of spring sports.  I've already had this discussion here in VA and parents weren't even considering this.  No college basketball and March Madness again btw.  

Don't believe it?

Yea I believed just 15 days.......

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

For getting into and out of the stadium you have assigned gate times for the sections.  For bathrooms you have a security guard who only allows a certain number of fans in to do their business at a time. 

So.........you have a backup in the narrow (but more open air) concourse instead of the bathroom. I’ll agree that is better, but FAR from ideal. Gate times are doomed. People will not be punctual  to attend a football game for a variety of reasons, and turning them away will be  just a different disaster. 

I heard numbers on NFL Radio today in the 20-25% of capacity area for many sites. I suppose that’s better than nothing. 

Edited by Augie

5 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That year and '85 were the low point of the franchise, imo.   Pat McGroder's W-o-F ceremony where Ralph was booed by a sparse, socially distanced, angry crowd and Pat tried to defend him was the emotional bottom.

Hahahahaha! That was indeed rock bottom. Loved the "socially distanced" crowd reference, Jesseffer!

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Logic is not being used.  This is political and everyone knows it.  You can get it at a gym, hotel, restaurant, church, bar, or your office.  Is there not risk here?  The government is picking "favorites" in a way.  Yes, I know their playbook says no large gatherings.  But indoor vs outdoor are different.  Much like the threat we know we face from this now vs the horror show we thought it was in February.

The curves have been flattened everywhere.  But we are clearly being pushed or held hostage until there is a vaccine that may never happen.  Everyone should be livid about this.  They're not and I just dont get it. 

The Big 10 and Pac 12 college football season has been cancelled.  I just want to be able to watch the NFL this year.  If that means no fans then so be it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Those high school kids should be aware that at the rate we're going they're going to lose 2 years of spring sports.  I've already had this discussion here in VA and parents weren't even considering this.  No college basketball and March Madness again btw.  

Don't believe it?

My kids are in middle school, but one started hockey last week. Keep telling me that my life is different than what I tell you it is.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Big 10 and Pac 12 college football season has been cancelled.  I just want to be able to watch the NFL this year.  If that means no fans then so be it.

Notre Dame just cancelled in-person classes for at least the next two weeks, after 8 days of classes.  UNC cancelled in person classes after a week... college football should not be happening. I agree..i'd much rather NFL with no fans, than no NFL.  I need it!

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Don't believe it?

Until there’s a vaccine, cases will rise as soon as a densely populated area opens up a bit.  

Wear a mask, socially distance where you can, but all that does is mitigate the spread a bit. 

We can stay locked down all we want until football season, basketball season, whatever.. As soon as we open, it comes back.  Been proven to be the case all over the world. 

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Except it isn't about you or your choice, and it never has been.

There are things that every person has to do. You have to get groceries by some mechanism, even if that means having someone drop them of on your doorstep or put them in your trunk at curbside. These are not zero risk activities. Both situations present an opportunity for either person to spread disease. People have to go to the doctor, need to have professional services in order to get cars repaired or homes repaired, etc. 20,000 - 80,000 people filling a stadium and sharing disease with each other and then going out into the world and going to grocery store, or the hardware store or the doctor is not them exercising "their choice"; It's them forcing a choice on all the people at the store without their knowledge or consent. It's selfish, bordering on amoral.

The more is spreads, the longer it stays viable and the longer this pandemic roils on.

Clearly...
image.thumb.png.936944ef694a6152bc078f1b484bdf9d.png

It will always spread regardless of mitigations albeit at slower rates.  And yes it is about personal choice.  Feel free to stay home and ride it out.  Ill go to a Bills game and risk the 1% chance Ill die from a air borne disease.  You go ahead and stay home from now on because there is a greater chance youll kill someone with your car tomorrow than you will with spreading covid.  

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, klos63 said:

My kids are in middle school, but one started hockey last week. Keep telling me that my life is different than what I tell you it is.

Couldn't be happier to hear it.

You have a good governor.

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It will always spread regardless of mitigations albeit at slower rates.  And yes it is about personal choice.  Feel free to stay home and ride it out.  Ill go to a Bills game and risk the 1% chance Ill die from a air borne disease.  You go ahead and stay home from now on because there is a greater chance youll kill someone with your car tomorrow than you will with spreading covid.  

0.01% depending on age and comorbidities 

This pandemic has proven we have a statistics and math problem in America.  In addition to irrational hysteria.  

Just watched on Hard Knocks Seth Ryan gets his false positive and they say he was freaked out.  

His BMI is like 14.  He's 26.  He literally has almost zero chance of dying.  0.0001

Feardemic

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This pandemic has proven we have a statistics and math problem in America.  In addition to irrational hysteria.  

Just watched on Hard Knocks Seth Ryan gets his false positive and they say he was freaked out.  

His BMI is like 14.  He's 26.  He literally has almost zero chance of dying.  0.0001

Feardemic

???

8 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Just open up, 50 percent capacity, Wear masks , it will all be good 

Our Special Needs kid has spoken.

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You would've been a real party, when meat was rationed, rubber, and metal drives happened, and automotive manufacture was suspended, in the effort to defeat the Nazi's. in WWII. The Country pulled together, and sacrificed, when it was crucial to do so. We are at that point, once again.

Sad to say, but the more things change, the more they remain the same.

BTW, just how did you come to the conclusion, that 'this' is 'political' ???????

Ah, global war. The Good ‘ole days!

8 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That year and '85 were the low point of the franchise, imo.   Pat McGroder's W-o-F ceremony where Ralph was booed by a sparse, socially distanced, angry crowd and Pat tried to defend him was the emotional bottom.

He was inducted on 9/29.  When he attempted to defend Ralph, he got booed too.  I remember him saying something like "I don't understand the booing, if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be a team here."  He died less than 4 months later. 

image.thumb.png.3869285ce67c29a9985678d1459ab4cc.png

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't care about me. I care about you killing my neighbor or creating tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills for the girl who works at the supermarket at poverty wages.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't care about me. I care about you killing my neighbor or creating tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills for the girl who works at the supermarket at poverty wages.

Did you read the inital post I quoted?  It said you can wear a mask, social distance or watch from your own home.   

Where did I advocate for going to a Bills game letting people spit all over me and then going straight to the supermarket to make out with the checkout girl?

Its too bad we will never see the numbers on this thing without some Govenors using people as human germ missiles on nursing homes.  Think fearbunkers may be less full.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, nucci said:

I remember going in '84 with 20k. 

Nuch, Bills vs Houston, if memory serves me?  ‘84 or ‘85?

i was there...yeah, I am not sure people realize how few 20,000 (18,000 in 2020 at 25%) really is.  I’d be for it and I think they can work it out.  Take cues from Disney.  Hell, takes cues from what mostly has been going on around the country, at least with those that have common sense.  Arrows, markers, circular stickers, blocked off seats.  

If people can try and be mature about it I think it can be done, but again, at about 25% capacity.

edit: 

@JESSEFEFFER @nucci

I swear I didn’t cheat and see Jessefeffer’s post before I posted.  Only saw it afterwards.  I was honestly going on memory.  Believe me, I wear my attendance during those dark days as a badge of honor.  It was the necessary purgatory as a fan!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Secondary market ticket prices might soar if this happens.

Not if the Bills do not allow for the transfer of mobile tickets. This is one of the reasons why so many fans despise mobile ticketing as it gives the fans ability to control their tickets even though they paid for them.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, matter2003 said:

If you simply helicoptered onto the field and went to your seats then sure.

How can you do it in narrow concourses and ramps leading to the seats themselves?

How do you do in bathrooms?

Outside the gates leading into the stadium?

The seating part isn't the issue, the issue is getting to the seating and use of the bathrooms.

If they limit the size of the crowd to 10K or so, the lines in the bathrooms won't be very long, if any.  They could set up a roped-off lane to allow only so many people into the bathroom at the same time.  Same thing for the gates outside -- set up rope lanes and use spacing between the people in line.  With smaller crowds, this won't be insurmountable.

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

That's what I think.  How do you keep people in their assigned seats.  Are they going to have a cop at every section?

they tape off the seats that cannot be used and close the upper deck , give out bills zubaz masks at the gate,  close the concessions stands for sure and limit the number in the rest rooms.. If people do the right thing and aren't idiots it will work fine.  cars for 20k people will spread out all over the lots.. I don't see an issue .  put porta potties out in the lots so less use of the sinks in the Ralph :) .  if concessions are closed, rest rooms will be fine by the second half

56 minutes ago, Reneth Gilne said:

just limit attendees to people under 65 and non obese,  and let kids in for half price, solved.  

Wouldn’t that be wild if we started carding people to prove that they were UNDER a certain age? That’ll show those seniors! Always flaunting their ability to drink alcohol, eat off their own menus, and get big discounts at Home Depot! The tables have turned. ?

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Couldn't be happier to hear it.

You have a good governor.

Feardemic

We have a weak governor here is AZ, he opened up when we met none of the criteria to open and our cases skyrocketed, he did this the day after trump visited a while back.  As cases and deaths rose he abdicated responsibility to the Mayors and local governments, they're the reason cases are starting to decrease.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

For getting into and out of the stadium you have assigned gate times for the sections.  For bathrooms you have a security guard who only allows a certain number of fans in to do their business at a time. 

You have never been to the stadium have you? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Did you read the inital post I quoted?  It said you can wear a mask, social distance or watch from your own home.   

Where did I advocate for going to a Bills game letting people spit all over me and then going straight to the supermarket to make out with the checkout girl?

Its too bad we will never see the numbers on this thing without some Govenors using people as human germ missiles on nursing homes.  Think fearbunkers may be less full.

Are we this far along and people still don't understand how the virus works?

I still have to empty my waterbottle at the airport because 3000 people died 20 years ago, and you don't understand why some folks aren't keen on packing stadiums with tens of thousands of people when we have an active pandemic that's claimed 171,000 lives and maimed an unknown amount above that? Not believing in facts doesn't invalidate them.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Encouraging considering they already announced Jets/Giants home games won't have fans.  Having 15 to 20k fans there is better than nothing.

20,000ish was about what they got during the dark years of 84 and 85 wasn't it?  At least that's what I recall it looking like.  

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

We have a weak governor here is AZ, he opened up when we met none of the criteria to open and our cases skyrocketed, he did this the day after trump visited a while back.  As cases and deaths rose he abdicated responsibility to the Mayors and local governments, they're the reason cases are starting to decrease.

I will see a bad governor & raise you one.  Our emperor sent sick COVID patients into places where the community is most vulnerable, nursing homes where the results were numerous deaths.  Nice huh?

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Glad to see the fun police are trollin every positive comment on here.

Missionary only, and just on holidays and anniversaries I'm guessing? 

Birthdays too!  Don't forget them.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I will see a bad governor & raise you one.  Our emperor sent sick COVID patients into places where the community is most vulnerable, nursing homes where the results were numerous deaths.  Nice huh?

don’t be crapping this thread up with your uncomfortable truths, now!

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

So did His Grace, Baron Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1