Bills exploring possibility of allowing fans in stadium

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So did His Grace, Baron Murphy.

53 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Same over here in PA with our Overlord Wolf...... Like tossing a lit match into a bone dry hayfield.

.... sure does make ya wonder.

YEP.. seems the Gov's Wolf, Murphy, and King Andrew , were greatly responsible for needless deaths due to their behavior.. decision to send people to nursing homes to die 

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

0.01% depending on age and comorbidities 

This pandemic has proven we have a statistics and math problem in America.  In addition to irrational hysteria.  

Just watched on Hard Knocks Seth Ryan gets his false positive and they say he was freaked out.  

His BMI is like 14.  He's 26.  He literally has almost zero chance of dying.  0.0001

Feardemic

This is what I am fighting at my school right now. They have told kids it has a death rate of over 1% because they believe everyone who has had it has been diagnosed. I explain that more kids die of the flu then will die from Covid and they literally say " you can't guarantee it". Finally I have an AP who is 66, morbidly obese, and diabetic with breathing issues who has a son who is a doctor. He tell her how scared she should be and she tells us we should all be as worried. 

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

My response to them was basically "If I can be at games, I will be at games".

Treat it like restaurants in NY - make masks mandatory and enforce their use while away from your seats.

Yes.  Use every other row.  Odd ones in one section and even ones in the adjacent ones.  Skip the two seats nearest the aisle.  Food and beverage consumed only at one's seat.  Seats belonging to one season ticket account can be clustered as a social cohort.  No or limited alcohol sales in the stadium.  Willful failure to comply puts season ticket accounts at risk. 

No ticket exchange resales so don't try to win the right to attend with no intention of doing so.  Masks handed out at the gates to people in line prior to entry.  Fewer lines but they are longer and spaced out.  I think it can be done.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or how about we just let people do what they're comfortable with. If you go to a game and don't like the experience....don't go again!

Where are we, Florida?  No.  That's how bad things happen.  Rules in place and adherence enforced and if you don't like that, don't go.

18 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Masks handed out at the gates to people in line prior to entry. 

Nope - don't transfer the cost & responsibility to the Bills.  Show up with a mask on or you don't get in.

Just now, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Where are we, Florida?  No.  That's how bad things happen.  Rules in place and adherence enforced and if you don't like that, don't go.

Nope - don't transfer the cost & responsibility to the Bills.  Show up with a mask on or you don't get in.

They give stuff away every game.  A nicely designed mask would be worn many places elsewhere in the community so some sponsor gets plenty of exposure.  Giving them out is then no excuses for not wearing one.

Just now, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Ugh! I never said anything about the rules that would be in place, but you had to read that into it. There are/were rules in place at the Stadium now.  You may not be aware of them, but they're there. I'm guessing some of them are spelled out in the fine print on the back of the ticket.  The real point is that 'the people' making a lot of the rules right now have lost their minds and rules they're making are often illogical and inconsistent.  So once again....if you are not comfortable at the stadium...don't go.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh! I never said anything about the rules that would be in place, but you had to read that into it. There are/were rules in place at the Stadium now.  You may not be aware of them, but they're there. I'm guessing some of them are spelled out in the fine print on the back of the ticket.  The real point is that 'the people' making a lot of the rules right now have lost their minds and rules they're making are often illogical and inconsistent.  So once again....if you are not comfortable at the stadium...don't go.

"...just let people do what they're comfortable with" kind of infers a laisez-faire attitude.  Here in NY we went from worst to first with the rules in place which are 95% science-based.  Nobody can argue with how well they've worked and how hard we New Yorkers have worked to get where we are.  I'm good with almost all of them and can live with the ones I'm not.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

My response to them was basically "If I can be at games, I will be at games".

Treat it like restaurants in NY - make masks mandatory and enforce their use while away from your seats.

That was pretty much my response also.

41 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

They give stuff away every game.  A nicely designed mask would be worn many places elsewhere in the community so some sponsor gets plenty of exposure.  Giving them out is then no excuses for not wearing one.

The Bills sell ones in their store at $10/each. I imagine it probably only costs them $1-2. So if you limit fans to 20K, it would be easy for a game day sponsor to kick in $20-30K for masks with their logo on them. 

Edited by Just Jack

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You can sit in restaurants? Not here in the Barony of New Jersey. 

Yes, limited number of tables, must wear a mask anytime you are not seated, and if you're drinking alcohol, you must buy food. 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/10/the-most-ridiculous-foods-bars-are-serving-to-comply-with-cuomos-mandate/

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

"...just let people do what they're comfortable with" kind of infers a laisez-faire attitude.  Here in NY we went from worst to first with the rules in place which are 95% science-based.  Nobody can argue with how well they've worked and how hard we New Yorkers have worked to get where we are.  I'm good with almost all of them and can live with the ones I'm not.

With all due respect, you don't really know if what New Yorkers did had any real cause and effect impact on the virus. It may be that it basically burned itself out. I'm out in California, where we've been all masked up since March, and we've only just recently gotten hit, and are emerging back out of it. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Yes, limited number of tables, must wear a mask anytime you are not seated, and if you're drinking alcohol, you must buy food. 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/10/the-most-ridiculous-foods-bars-are-serving-to-comply-with-cuomos-mandate/

Spoiled rotten, you new yorkers. We, the peasants of the Barony have been petitioning for months for His Grace to allow us a dispensation, but no.

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With all due respect, you don't really know if what New Yorkers did had any real cause and effect impact on the virus. It may be that it basically burned itself out. I'm out in California, where we've been all masked up since March, and we've only just recently gotten hit, and are emerging back out of it. 

That's not how it works--if so it would have "Burned itself out" in Texas, Florida, Georgia, AZ, etc. many weeks ago as well.  The opposite is true, as we know.

Cali has nowhere the population density of NYC.  Shutting the city (and state) down left fewer hosts to spread to in public.  The virus isn't gone though.

Had they not shut down, the city would look like Florida and Texas--also not as densely populated--where the virus finally reached a critical mass of hosts and started spreading more quickly and easily--even at outdoor  gatherings.  NYC would have been wiped out.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's not how it works--if so it would have "Burned itself out" in Texas, Florida, Georgia, AZ, etc. many weeks ago as well.  The opposite is true, as we know.

Cali has nowhere the population density of NYC.  Shutting the city (and state) down left fewer hosts to spread to in public.  The virus isn't gone though.

Had they not shut down, the city would look like Florida and Texas--also not as densely populated--where the virus finally reached a critical mass of hosts and started spreading more quickly and easily--even at outdoor  gatherings.  NYC would have been wiped out.  

Wiped out, you say? With its <1% mortality rate? Interesting..

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

The first time I went I was nine years old, I had a beer spilled on me, to this day I consider it a baptism.

That right there should tell you everything you need to know about people following all those rules you were talking about. 

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Where to begin. The fact that the population in those southern states is more spread is the very reason it takes longer for it to first spread and then burn itself out. And by ‘burn itself out’ I mean having infected the people who are most susceptible to being infected. There is literally ZERO data showing that any population anywhere on the planet has been ‘wiped out’ by this virus. Not even close. Put away the hysteria! 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Where to begin. The fact that the population in those southern states is more spread is the very reason it takes longer for it to first spread and then burn itself out. And by ‘burn itself out’ I mean having infected the people who are most susceptible to being infected. There is literally ZERO data showing that any population anywhere on the planet has been ‘wiped out’ by this virus. Not even close. Put away the hysteria! 

It was a figure of speech, which you knew.

Anyway, those in the south who are becoming infected include a much higher percentage of people age 20-40 than seen in NYC months ago at their peak.  Are younger southerners naturally "more susceptible"?  Those out West as well?

The answer of course is "no".  But young people ignore  the simplest infection spread prevention practices in these places and therefore the rates are blowing up.  Mask wearing in public is still taken seriously in the city--that and strict bar/restaurant/party restrictions stifled the disease there.  It hasn't burned out though.  The fact that it now rapidly spreads among groups of young people proves your "it just burns out" theory obviously wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

It likely would not be up to the Bills, but NYS.  Even if the gov decided to try it, the first game there would be tailgaters filmed doing stupid things and that would be that. 
Just do what baseball is doing, it got off to a rocky start but is doing better than I thought it would.  But when baseball had a team hit with covid they could postpone and make up missed games with double headers.  Football can't do that.  But at least the fans would get to see some games, and the NFL gets the TV money.