NY Daily News Jets game by game predictions

8 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Why do we care about the Jets game by game predictions? 

I'm getting pretty tired of Jets focused posts on a Bills message board.  Maybe its just me.

I just put it out there because we play them twice and in week one. Its also May and we have no sports at all. When we don't play them then I don't care about them either. I live in NJ(Jets/Giants territory) so I get all of the Jets/Giants news.

• Like (+1) 2

This board loves predictions. I feel like every team in the AFC East has gotten better with the obvious exception of the Patsies. The division title won’t just be handed to us on a silver platter. There was a point in the 90s when the AFC East was the toughest division in football and we might just be getting back to that. 7-9 is a fair prediction and they definitely could squeak out an upset at home over us ??‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I'm getting pretty tired of Jets focused posts on a Bills message board.  Maybe its just me.

It's the insult mindset.  Don't anyone say anything bad about Buffalo.  There's another whole thread talking about a NE writer who claims Fromm will start.

If some national writer picks the Bills to win 12 games, he's a genius, but the one who says we go 6-10 is an idiot.

Basically it's "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Jets fanbase hate us and vice versa. 

We are what they thought they would be right now, going into 2019 they were projected to be # 2 in the East and in the post season.  They fizzled out , we delivered.  

Going into 2020 , we are clearly the more talented , better coached team .

I love that we get a relatively weak defense week 1 to get the O rolling! 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Probably two-fold:

They were announced as our first game. 

We were in similar position two years ago, and since then have both made moves, some more successful than others, to take over the AFCE, with young QB’s, post-Brady..... well, here we are.  

*For me, personally, I was born in Syracuse but grew up on Long Island, so I was around plenty of obnoxious Jets fans.... the 1/10 that aren’t Giants fans. 

58 minutes ago, SCBills said:

*For me, personally, I was born in Syracuse but grew up on Long Island, so I was around plenty of obnoxious Jets fans.... the 1/10 that aren’t Giants fans. 

I went to college at University of Buffalo and because of shortage of dorm space most of the freshmen were from down state.  My impression from dorms was JEST fans were JEST fans when they were winning and Jiants fans when they were losing.  One guy would change hats depending on whether JEST won or not.

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I went to collage at University of Buffalo and because of shortage of dorm space most of the freshmen were from down state.  My impression from dorms was JEST fans were JEST fans when they were winning and Jiants fans when they were losing.  One guy would change hats depending on whether JEST won or not.

You know i'm not sure you got your money's worth out of your UB degree

• Haha (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I went to collage at University of Buffalo and because of shortage of dorm space most of the freshmen were from down state.  My impression from dorms was JEST fans were JEST fans when they were winning and Jiants fans when they were losing.  One guy would change hats depending on whether JEST won or not.

Surely there are better places to collage than at a university.

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I truly think it is from the mindset of the Bills being an afterthought for the NFL media for 20 years. We now are getting credit and the Jets writers are still acting as if Marrone is in charge 

• Like (+1) 1

This is a laughable homer piece. The Jets could very easily start the season 0-8 and even go 0-10 if they can't beat Pats at home or the Dolphins. They could be a 4 win team at most. Despite the wishful thinking here, the Bills will handily beat them twice. 

The jets are so jetsy, Which makes them great fun to mock, 

1 minute ago, SF Bills Fan said:

This is a laughable homer piece. The Jets could very easily start the season 0-8 and even go 0-10 if they can't beat Pats at home or the Dolphins. They could be a 4 win team at most. Despite the wishful thinking here, the Bills will handily beat them twice. 

The only reason I am not certain we win week one is that week ones can be weird and bad teams beat great teams.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The only reason I am not certain we win week one is that week ones can be weird and bad teams beat great teams.

Week Ones can definitely be weird,  but our offense returns everything, except RB2 and Diggs.  

The Jets will have, potentially, 3-4 new lineman (one a rookie), along with two new WR’s (one being a rookie). 

Especially, if the offseason is shortened, that could be a big advantage for us. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think the Bills have an advantage here as the core group has been together a few years now. Also McDermott going into year 4. With so little practice time this off-season I think teams that are used to playing together in the same system/schemes will have a huge advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

Jets fans we be just like last year. Start off the season talking about what the Jets are going to do and by mid season talking about what the Bills aren’t going to do and making excuses for Darnold on why he not performing well.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Probably two-fold:

They were announced as our first game. 

We were in similar position two years ago, and since then have both made moves, some more successful than others, to take over the AFCE, with young QB’s, post-Brady..... well, here we are.  

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR8s0nISYFlPvEdRU05RbS0C0GsYY4mCoOcfFCuuZxTNkVp12Qj&usqp=CAU

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

didn't realize Manish wrote this till the end. It's actually somewhat reasonable coming from a mentally handicapped person like him. Except they aren't beating us. 

Depends what camp looks like - i don't know that buffalo can come out flatter than they did in 2019, but in any case.  NYJ have improved their line and if its a battle of running games and turnovers - who knows.

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Depends what camp looks like - i don't know that buffalo can come out flatter than they did in 2019, but in any case.  NYJ have improved their line and if its a battle of running games and turnovers - who knows.

Who is Darnold throwing to? Anderson isn't there anymore. Our DL/LB's will(should) dominate their OL. Their OL has some new parts and it will be hard to  develop any consistency with what figures to be very little practice time this off-season.  I think they will have a hard time running the ball because of that. Their D with Williams is good but Allen has more weapons to work with in Singletary, Brown, Beasley, and Diggs.

4 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Obviously Bills fans are scared shitless of this Jets team

I expect a sweep over the Jets this season. The one thing I will say is Joe Douglas appears to be a good hire. He will probably do for them what Beane has done for us. It's going to take him more than one offseason to fix that team. I hope they give Gase a 10 year contract extension. He is a "great" HC.

8 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Because this is a message forum..that is what gets done here.  

Even if you don't care about it...it is football related and Bills related, why not encourage people to post anything of interest here related to the Bills or their opponents....I want as much material to read and discuss as possible....I don't want people discouraged from posting interesting things that I may not find out there myself.

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

They improved their line marginally, they’re betting on a rookie to be their WR, and they didn’t do anything of substance to address their woeful CB room. 

also, they’re run by a laughingstock of a coach.

The pro-Jets mentality of this board is the exact same thing that we saw last year where half the board expected them to destroy us. 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mark80 said:

Uh ... maybe because they're in our division ... I haven't had chance to look at their schedule and always like to see (granted similar non conf opponents)  ... plus ala below's comment .. and to be clear not doing this with non division team schedules, but nice to benchmark where other division teams may end up after regular season concludes.

21 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

This is a laughable homer piece.

Agreed ... 7-9 I don't see ... I just don't think Gase is that strong ... sign me up for the "under".

On 5/8/2020 at 7:13 AM, Mark80 said:

I feel like I should change my user name to Slinglin' Sam with all these Jets posts.