We are about to enter into a new reality with no professional or college sports to watch

18 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Unprecedented developments. Until the suspensions are lifted what will you do to fill the time usually reserved for sports viewing?

Making peace with my god. And Netflix. 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m trying to decide between law school (I mostly just like to argue with people) and becoming an astronaut. As a kid I wanted to be a garbage man, because they get to ride on the back of the truck. So cool! But now I realize they have to get up WAY too early in the morning. I’ll find my path thru this sports hiatus and be better for it. Or possibly just a broken shell of a man, but probably one of the two....

Wow! I thought I was the only one.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Then dear God, DON’T go near HBO and ‘The New Pope’.  That’ll put you on the express chute to H E double hockey sticks!  ?

?

I do dig that show. I’ve watched both seasons, have had no idea WTF was going on at any point, but still loved it, for some reason.  

• Like (+1) 1

One sporting event actually did take place today, stage 7 of the Paris - Nice bike race. However, they cancelled stage 8 tomorrow. Winner of today's stage: Nairo Quintana COL; Arkea Samsic; overall winner: Max Schachmann  GER; Bora-Hansgrohe

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1

I was in the sports book at Turning Stone last night. That was... interesting. It was all just footage of either games from a few weeks ago or 25 years ago. I saw they were replaying some Griffey mariners game from god knows when. Old Marino Dolphins highlights too. 

We felt like we were in the first 15 minutes of a movie about the end of the world. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m gonna watch every Bills game from the Kelly era, that might help, we’ll that is except for those Super Bowel games... ?

On 3/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, NFLBighits said:

I cannot understand why anything is cancelled,  it's being pushed on us as I'd call it a Medical Marshall Law..it's B.S. basically to put people in fear as we should be more worried about the 5G going up everywhere!  Spain Flu killed 50 Million in 1918.  How many have died from this virus?  Flu kills in the 60'000 sum a year.  Keep people in fear, nothing more nothing less but brainwash and control the population.  Six-pack of corona with one lime disease please!??

So we should just let the virus spread uncontrollably like wildfire through asymptomatic carriers until it’s ravaging the elderly and medically frail everywhere?

That’s how you end up with a million dead.

Edited by eanyills

On 3/12/2020 at 9:10 PM, stuvian said:

lots of classic NFL games on Youtube

will probably converse with my family more and play some board games

I just watched the beatdown that the Bills put on the Dolphins back in 1987 at Buffalo.  Complete NBC feed with Criqui and Trumpy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eanyills said:

So we should just let the virus spread uncontrollably like wildfire through asymptomatic carriers until it’s ravaging the elderly and medically frail everywhere?

That’s how you end up with a million dead.

“wHaT’s tHe BiG dEaL” guy had a good run the last six weeks or so, but at this point, the willful obtuseness and/or outright trolling skullduggery really has me thinking whether these are real people or not. 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m very curious to see what happens on ESPN, ESPN 2, 3 and 14, ESPNU, ESPN News and all the other options that lacked quality content BEFORE these events. 

The ESPNU in my area has been playing Syracuse Basketball classics.

4 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I’m hoping the sports networks start showing stuff like the old Wide World of Sports.  Like cliff diving, or ski jumping.

Absolutely loved those events, especially ski jumping?

11 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Never on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!

50 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I’m hoping the sports networks start showing stuff like the old Wide World of Sports.  Like cliff diving, or ski jumping.

Battle of the Network Stars.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m already bored outta my skull! Watching home repairs shows. <Yawn!>

Well, maybe it’s time to, ummmmm, actually get off the couch and repair something? 

I’m sorry, just a silly thought I had......

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, NFLBighits said:

I cannot understand why anything is cancelled,  it's being pushed on us as I'd call it a Medical Marshall Law..it's B.S. basically to put people in fear as we should be more worried about the 5G going up everywhere!  Spain Flu killed 50 Million in 1918.  How many have died from this virus?  Flu kills in the 60'000 sum a year.  Keep people in fear, nothing more nothing less but brainwash and control the population.  Six-pack of corona with one lime disease please!??

Your facts are correct but your conclusion is crazy. I do believe that our govt could be sitting on more info about the virus but this thing spreads fast and kills people with lung issues. If 50% of the population was infected a lot more than 60k die. People need to be safe, don't touch anyone else unnecessarily, and use lots of soap and hand sanitizer.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:27 PM, zow2 said:

XFL is grasping that they can still hold weekend games without fans..  They desperately need a decent rating and this is their chance.  This weekend is a crisis for sports gambling degenerates as well and they NEED the XFL.

No one is at the XFL games anyways.