We are about to enter into a new reality with no professional or college sports to watch

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe it’s finally time for me to go back and watch our last playoff game.......

I'd rather eat canned beans by candelight. Kind of like you used to do in your log cabin days..................j/k, my man!!

XFL is grasping that they can still hold weekend games without fans..  They desperately need a decent rating and this is their chance.  This weekend is a crisis for sports gambling degenerates as well and they NEED the XFL.

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'd rather eat canned beans by candelight. Kind of like you used to do in your log cabin days..................j/k, my man!!

Don’t be silly! 

We didn’t have cans back then......

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I understand why sports are shutting down but it's a bummer. Figures cuse wins a game last night and they cancel the rest of the acc tournament 

I’m just upset that the Big East waited until AFTER Xavier lost to cancel things! 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Reruns of classic games are fine with me, for now...

maybe he will make that 47 yarder this time...

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I understand why sports are shutting down but it's a bummer. Figures cuse wins a game last night and they cancel the rest of the acc tournament 

that was the worst Tarheels team in 1,390 years, right?

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Netflix and the NFL off-season will fill in the gap. Honestly March is kind of a dead time for sports for me personally. I am not a big NCAA basketball fan and unless the NHL or NBA team I like is pushing for a playoff spot the end of those seasons is kind of OK but not must see TV. Spring training baseball isn't that great either (I don't start getting into baseball until June once the playoffs for the NBA and NHL end.) Honestly the XFL was probably the thing I was looking forward to most just to see how the league plays out. 

But if this moratorium on sports pushes well into April or beyond then things will be very interesting as this will throw a lot of things out of whack. Overall though it is better they suspend silly sports events for even a few months rather than risk people's lives. It is just interesting to see how this impacts this one particular part of culture. 

Have to say college basketball is almost becoming unwatchable with all the delays to check things out on the monitor to find they need to add four tenths of a second back on the clock