Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Just now, whatdrought said:

That's kinda BS.

Theyre in good cap position now because they cut a bunch of the last regime's talent and big contracts. Doesnt mean we should NEVER sign a big contract. Plus, they made Morse the highest paid Center last offseason to land him and keep him off the Jets.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with Bove to a point t. It’s fine to be in a good position financially, but they’re now at a point where they have to improve the team in a big way. Championship must be the goal ! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I agree with Bove to a point t. It’s fine to be in a good position financially, but they’re now at a point where they have to improve the team in a big way. Championship must be the goal ! 

This isn't the year to sit on our hands. But it's still very early. If there isn't a big trade of signing hopefully they have a plan to get one of the top 3 WRs in the draft.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Bills haven’t signed anyone?

I'm sure Beane will get right on FA as soon as he's done at the Dollar Store picking up hand sanitizer and toilet paper.?

He's waiting for the market to set before we go Bargain Basement shopping again. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This isn't the year to sit on our hands. But it's still very early. If there isn't a big trade of signing hopefully they have a plan to get one of the top 3 WRs in the draft.

Ironic, given your avatar ?

And I agree. The window is now while QB is still on rookie deal.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Shaq at 10 million per year? Pass, not a tragic over pay but a significant one. I think you are just paying on speculation at that point. 

Isn't Trent making like 8 or 9 from us, and that is a contract that is two years old? I would of rather had Lawson myself, he is more talented IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Isn't Trent making like 8 or 9 from us, and that is a contract that is two years old? I would of rather had Lawson myself, he is more talented IMO.

Trent is an overpay too. Just because Trent is overpaid doesn't justify over paying Shaq. 

• Like (+1) 1