Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Which is great news for establishing a trade market for a vet WR. Price for OBJ just went down a little I think. Like maybe Nsekhe and a day 2 pick lol

By O’Brien trade logic we can get OBJ for Bojorquez 

• Haha (+1) 2

Might not be a popular take, but I'm happy that we've sat out this first wave of FA deals so far. Some wild overpays (the Flowers and Hooper deals in particular) and no one I really wanted has been taken off the market yet.

Trusting the process...my targets would be Reader, Harris Jr., Quinn, Higgins/Sharpe, Haeg, Addison, and Brieda...all still on the board to the best of my knowledge

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

More Reader talk

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I feel like that would be a pretty nice upgrade on Phillips. 

I thought Reader is more the big body, NT, 1-tech guy who would play in Star/VTaylor/Liuget's role?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

1- Can't tell if negative or positive reaction.

2- What is he doing with his hand?

This is definitely a "what the *****" type reaction from Stills, just as it is from everyone else in the NFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

No question most of us agree. I mean heck I'm sure would have offered a first. 

But the issue isn't the value here, it's that Bill O'Brien is nuts and wanted a certain type of deal .

Doesn't help Bills are also in the AFC

Edited by DJB

Just now, DJB said:

But the issue isn't the value here, it's that Bill O'Brien is nuts and wanted a certain type of deal 

Probably thought the deal was too good and that it must be a trap so better to go with Arizona since it's much easier to see exactly how they're ***** him.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I’m not saying Beane and McD don’t get this concept. But, they haven’t shown the urgency I’d like to see with aggressively adding offensive weapons to take advantage of this window (and no, I’m not just talking about the past 2 hours the tampering window is open). I’m not saying they haven’t tried or aren’t trying, but eventually you’ve got to take a shot while Josh is cheap.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

I’m not saying Beane and McD don’t get this concept. But, they haven’t shown the urgency I’d like to see with aggressively adding offensive weapons to take advantage of this window (and no, I’m not just talking about the past 2 hours the tampering window is open). I’m not saying they haven’t tried or aren’t trying, but eventually you’ve got to take a shot while Josh is cheap.  

Not accusatory here or anything, just genuinely curious. Can you share some other trades for offensive weapons that occurred that you'd have liked to see Beane and co. pursue? 

Just now, TheProcess said:

To be fair, they almost landed AB before he went completely nuts last year. And we really don't know what they've been trying to do since. Time will tell if they get it done, but it's not fair to say they haven't been trying. 

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

But the issue isn't the value here, it's that Bill O'Brien is nuts and wanted a certain type of deal .

Doesn't help Bills are also in the AFC

Yep, and just played them in a very close playoff game that may have ended differently if the Bills had Hopkins. 

Can we ban Hopkins talk in this thread now?  If you wanna talk about Hopkins, go to his thread.  I’m reading this thread so I don’t have to think about what could’ve been.  I realize that We were probably in on this but BOB didn’t want to trade him to playoff competition 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Can we ban Hopkins talk in this thread now?  If you wanna talk about Hopkins, go to his thread.  I’m reading this thread so I don’t have to think about what could’ve been.  I realize that We were probably in on this but BOB didn’t want to trade him to playoff competition 

For the win.