Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Just now, TheProcess said:

I’m not saying Beane and McD don’t get this concept. But, they haven’t shown the urgency I’d like to see with aggressively adding offensive weapons to take advantage of this window (and no, I’m not just talking about the past 2 hours the tampering window is open). I’m not saying they haven’t tried or aren’t trying, but eventually you’ve got to take a shot while Josh is cheap.  

Nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes.

You have to wonder if the Bills even had an opportunity to make an offer, considering we are only 2 hours into the free agency tampering period.

If Bill O'Brien had been actively shopping DeAndre Hopkins to all 32 teams, you would have to believe that multiple teams would have offered a better deal than Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Not accusatory here or anything, just genuinely curious. Can you share some other trades for offensive weapons that occurred that you'd have liked to see Beane and co. pursue? 

Fair question. Of course, hindsight is tough to battle since we already know how it worked out, but (just 2019) at the time I would’ve liked them to be in on:

- Desean Jackson;

- OBJ;

- Kenny Stills;

- Emanuel Sanders; or 

- the 2019 Draft. 

You can’t solve everything in one offseason and there are other factors at play with some of these guys, but any one of these moves would’ve improved our offense. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Might now be finalized on Hopkins Trade, Beane you can Definitely come up with a Better deal

I highly doubt they would trade him in the conference, especially to us since we just faxed them in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, TOboy said:

To be fair, they almost landed AB before he went completely nuts last year. And we really don't know what they've been trying to do since. Time will tell if they get it done, but it's not fair to say they haven't been trying. 

Agreed. We don’t know what wasn’t reported/public. I’m just saying I would’ve liked them to make it happen. It didn’t, so we are only left to wonder what might’ve been. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I think Godwin is more likely 

I would take him in a heart beat. Godwin is so damn talented.

Just now, hjnick said:

This trade is SOOOOO bad the GM and the HC should be fired immediately... WTF.

The GM is the HC. Poor Houston 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

I would take him in a heart beat. Godwin is so damn talented.

The GM is the HC. Poor Houston 

I wanted Godwin in the 2017 draft, but Whaley decided to screw us over one last time and draft Zay Jones.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Fair question. Of course, hindsight is tough to battle since we already know how it worked out, but (just 2019) at the time I would’ve liked them to be in on:

- Desean Jackson;

- OBJ;

- Kenny Stills;

- Emanuel Sanders; or 

- the 2019 Draft. 

You can’t solve everything in one offseason and there are other factors at play with some of these guys, but any one of these moves would’ve improved our offense. 

Fair enough!

Maybe (hopefully) this offseason is when Beane takes a homerun swing to help take Josh to that next level. I don't think OBJ would have fit in with the culture McDermott is trying to build here, but I'd have liked one of Sanders of DJax. It's just my gut, but I really think Beane wants to get bigger at WR, and none of those guys can offer that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think Godwin is more likely 

How about Julio Jones? The Falcons  have been runored to be putting him out there every year it seems. Why not this year to us for real? lol

3 minutes ago, WMDman said:

coincidentally there the same person, Mr Bill O'Brian  

Texans HC being pissed at the GM for trading away the best Offensive weapon...

bekphnqftcb41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

How about Julio Jones? The Falcons  have been runored to be putting him out there every year it seems. Why not this year to us for real? lol

I would be SHOCKED if Blank allowed that trade, but with what we've seen so far, I guess nothing should be too surprising.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Bill O'Brien taking the 2nd he got from AZ and flipping it to Cleveland for OBJ

OBrien and Hopkins didn;t get along at all. I can;t imagine the tire fire that would be OBJ and OBrien lol

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

OBJ is exactly the type of explosive playmaker this offense needs.  Worth the risk in my opinion because on the field he’s the missing piece.  

If the Bills did this, this might be the most polarizing trade in Bills history.

But I think OBJ is going to the Jets.

5 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Fair enough!

Maybe (hopefully) this offseason is when Beane takes a homerun swing to help take Josh to that next level. I don't think OBJ would have fit in with the culture McDermott is trying to build here, but I'd have liked one of Sanders of DJax. It's just my gut, but I really think Beane wants to get bigger at WR, and none of those guys can offer that. 

I do.  I think he’d love it here.  It would be the best locker room and culture he’s been a part of since coughlin (if that was even regarded as a good culture at that point)