Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Dolphins, Colts, and Bucs were the only three teams with more cap space than us before today. All three have gone out and signed huge deals on players I wouldn't have signed at those terms. I would assume that we now have the most cap space in the league now probably by a wide margin.

I don't know if this is a fair analogy but here goes anyways. For those of you who play in fantasy football auction leagues, most teams will spend their whole budget on 2-3 of the top 20 players despite the prevailing wisdom of waiting and finding value in the middle rounds. You can build a strong and even team this way rather than putting all your hopes in a couple guys. 

Anyways, I'm ok with the patient approach so far and almost everyone I would have been interested in is still available. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

How does BOB keep his job.....

Traded Clowney AND Hopkins and has no 1st round pick.

This is how you waste the career of a very talented young QB.

Reminds me of the Colts with Andrew Luck... before he prematurely retired.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The Niners could also use a CB, and the value at 13 might work better for a CB and then take a WR later... In that case, that could help us. 

I think they grab one of those tackles

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How does BOB keep his job.....

Traded Clowney AND Hopkins and has no 1st round pick.

A more topical question might be...how will his chin cope with the current dearth of toilet paper?

24 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We have to address some things in FA first before I can see us giving up that much for ONE WR. I don't see it at this point as we are not just a rookie WR away from a Lombardi. 

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

How did we drop that much... we added Josh Norman for cheap and let Shaq Lawson go get over paid. I dont understand 

My guess because it is a graph with a small scale illustrated.  Bills only down 2.5%

Just now, freddyjj said:

My guess because it is a graph with a small scale illustrated.  Bills only down 2.5%

I believes its wins.  So we are 2 wins worse than last year....? Yeah I dont understand.  If its all FAs then some of the bigger named FAs should drag down other teams more (Pats and Brady) and no way Shaq is the moving the needle that much.

Just now, freddyjj said:

But still compares to the rest of the league it doesnt make much sense. Lawson wasnt that important. In fact we are looking to upgrade DE. We should be pretty neutral. Maybe down .4%

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

How did we drop that much... we added Josh Norman for cheap and let Shaq Lawson go get over paid. I dont understand 

Agreed, logic is on our side. However, PFF have admitted that they have posted content in the past that was specifically designed to instigate and upset Bills fans. Click bait tactics combined with presenting subjective grading systems as facts.