Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hes 28 years old and has played for 3 teams.  If he doesn't know how it works by now then I don't think hes meant to get it.

He’ll be 29 next month, so in other words almost half the age of Frank Gore. 

:)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

poyer’s agent should be telling him (and his wife) that.

This. 

I have respect for Ms Bush.  She's only 21 or 22.  She successfully monetized and build a lucrative career out of Insta at a very young age.  She had to grow up while figuring out how to be a good spouse and a good mom.  A lot of older theoretically wiser heads don't get there.

It's really doing her family no favors to be airing out contract stuff on twitter.  Her husband is under contract for 2020, a contract he chose to sign when it was his best offer.

He doesn't have the choice to go elsewhere for next season.

Beane has made it pretty clear that his priority right now is free agency and the draft, and he typically looks at contract extensions more in May.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This. 

I have respect for Ms Bush.  She's only 21 or 22.  She successfully monetized and build a lucrative career out of Insta at a very young age.  She had to grow up while figuring out how to be a good spouse and a good mom.  A lot of older theoretically wiser heads don't get there.

It's really doing her family no favors to be airing out contract stuff on twitter.  Her husband is under contract for 2020, a contract he chose to sign when it was his best offer.

He doesn't have the choice to go elsewhere for next season.

Beane has made it pretty clear that his priority right now is free agency and the draft, and he typically looks at contract extensions more in May.

It will be interesting to see if he shows up for voluntary OTAs

48 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

People will think I’m overstating things, but this here is why the team needs to bring in a veteran leader. With LorAx gone, someone needs to be able to pull a kid like Poyer aside and tell him how to go about this to get what he wants. 

Micah Hyde?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess Rachel could be hinting that they want a new deal or he will hold out/request a trade 

I’m smh that they don’t leave this to the agent 

If they hold out that may backfire terribly for them both. I’m not sold Beane would cave and pay him. I’ve been waiting for a situation similar to see how Beane would handle a holdout player situation. 

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Good teams don’t overpay for guys like Phillips and Poyer 

Agreed. I’m fine giving him a bump as he’s been good and is underpaid, but if he wants superstar money my suggestion is to let him head off to the great wild where he will find his money and also discover how unfriendly life is outside one of the most DB friendly schemes in the league. 

McD took two replacement level Safeties and turned them into a great safety combo. He took a late first round pick (wasn’t he like the 5th CB taken) and made him a top 3 corner in the league. He took a 4th round pick and made him a very good slot corner. And he took a UDFA and made him a decent/good #2 corner. Not to take anything away from these players, but his track record here, as well as in Carolina, would make it seem that life is a lot easier for a DB when McD is about. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It will be interesting to see if he shows up for voluntary OTAs

If he doesn't, I'm sure the Bills will take the opportunity to get a long look at Jaquan Johnson and anyone they draft or sign in FA and how well they work with Hyde.

That's the double-edged sword of a holdout, right?  

I think Poyer is a good player, underpaid, and it would be a good move for the team to extend him with a nice pay bump. 

I also think Poyer may have his eyes set on a top deal, not a fair 2 year extension, and I'm not sure Beane goes there.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess Rachel could be hinting that they want a new deal or he will hold out/request a trade 

It would be better for Poyer to play out his last year of the contract.  With the new CBA going to be approved *hopefully*, the cap is going to jump next year IMO.  More cap, higher wages...

Just now, hjnick said:

It would be better for Poyer to play out his last year of the contract.  With the new CBA going to be approved *hopefully*, the cap is going to jump next year IMO.  More cap, higher wages...

Well the cap is due for a significant bump this season already - to somewhere around $200m or possibly more. Poyer’s primary concern is probably getting another long term deal done as soon as possible though, regardless of higher cap jumps in 2021 or beyond. Injuries can happen at any time and derail future deals.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm also shocked that the couple that engaged in a months long, highly public, twitter fight which covered Jordan's infidelity in detail just can't seem to settle things in house and let professionals sort it out.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

She thinks he is that great, then she should broker a trade deal that gets the Bills a 2nd.  

37 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm also shocked that the couple that engaged in a months long, highly public, twitter fight which covered Jordan's infidelity in detail just can't seem to settle things in house and let professionals sort it out.

Don't forget that she stole her man from his previous fiancee and then got down with AB just before marrying this guy.

Anyway.  I say make him play out his last year and draft his replacement.  He can then get paid by some other team to ride opposing players into the end zone or get stiff armed into the turf.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Don't forget that she stole her man from his previous fiancee and then got down with AB just before marrying this guy.

Anyway.  I say make him play out his last year and draft his replacement.  He can then get paid by some other team to ride opposing players into the end zone or get stiff armed into the turf.

If Poyer plays out his 2020 contract at a high level, I can see him getting a short (1-2 year) extension when a rookie is drafted in 2021.

Poyer is no Micah Hyde, but he’s a solid safety.  He’s in the last year of his deal and I’d have no problem with an extension.  It might have to wait for the new CBA to pass though as he’s looking for a lot more than a 30% increase in salary. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I have ptsd memories of Watson wearing him like a cape into the endzone 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I love Poyer and think Bills should throw a few dollars his way, but a holdout on his part would be counterproductive. Safety is just not the same as CB, it’s basically the RB of defense in terms of importance. Yes, the elite guys get paid, but the average/above average guys are replaceable. 

Jaquan Johnson's play as the season went along, and in the Jets game in particular, HAS to have the Bills thinking twice about giving Poyer more money. They could let him play out this year and then have Johnson on a cheap deal for the next two seasons.

I also believe the Bills will be drafting a safety higher than many might guess come April.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Jaquan Johnson's play as the season went along, and in the Jets game in particular, HAS to have the Bills thinking twice about giving Poyer more money. They could let him play out this year and then have Johnson on a cheap deal for the next two seasons.

I also believe the Bills will be drafting a safety higher than many might guess come April.

Kyle Dugger.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

He played zero defensive snaps outside of the Jets’ game—in which he had 3 tackles.

I’m not dissing Jaquan here, but he’s shown absolutely no reason to believe he’ll be roster worthy in 2020.

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

She’s definitely wearing the pants ? in the relationship. Pretty strange. 

Suppose she has to wear them somewhere 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, wppete said:

She’s definitely wearing the pants ? in the relationship. Pretty strange. 

well maybe, maybe not. She did delete the tweet that yolo referenced. Who do you think told her to do that? 

Edit: and i believe i saw somewhere very recently that they were in the bahamas or something? Could’ve just been her firing off a drunk tweet and then thinking better of it.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Good teams don’t overpay for guys like Phillips and Poyer 

Spot on.

Poyer was a terrific signing and he really has outplayed his contract, that doesn't mean the Bills need to pay up since they've gotten such good value out of Poyer.  If I'm the Bills he's on the roster this year under his current deal and then he's probably gone in '21.  I think Jaquan Johnson will probably replace him in '21, if not start splitting some time with him in '20

12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

People will think I’m overstating things, but this here is why the team needs to bring in a veteran leader. With LorAx gone, someone needs to be able to pull a kid like Poyer aside and tell him how to go about this to get what he wants. 

To be fair he may might be doing everything right. Rachel's tweeting isn't necessarily helping his cause - though interestingly she seems to always end up deleting so maybe he is making that point. But call me a feminist radical if you want - she is her own person and she is free to express whatever opinions she wishes. The Bills shouldn't be holding tweets made by Jordan Poyer's wife against him and he shouldn't be using them for leverage.

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair he may might be doing everything right. Rachel's tweeting isn't necessarily helping his cause - though interestingly she seems to always end up deleting so maybe he is making that point. But call me a feminist radical if you want - she is her own person and she is free to express whatever opinions she wishes. The Bills shouldn't be holding tweets made by Jordan Poyer's wife against him and he shouldn't be using them for leverage.

Oh she absolutely can say whatever she wants; I simply don’t think it’s helping in any way.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don’t think they will hold them against him but she’s not doing him any favors. McD actually had to answer questions about her in TC from reporters a couple years ago because of their public marital drama and I’m sure he appreciated that. 

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh she absolutely can say whatever she wants; I simply don’t think it’s helping in any way.

No, it isn't. But so long as Poyer and the Bills are all adults it shouldn't really hurt either.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they will hold them against him but she’s not doing him any favors. McD actually had to answer questions about her in TC from reporters a couple years ago because of their public marital drama and I’m sure he appreciated that. 

I think that is a bit different than the contract situation in fairness. One is very clearly private life. The other is team business.

• Awesome! (+1) 1