Duke today, did the bad outweigh the good?

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Great to see Williams make some quality plays today, keeping drives alive.

BUT his drops may have been more significant.  A starting NFL receiver catches those balls and puts the Bills in a stronger position to win.

The endzone pass was a difficult one and I think he should have caught it. But who on our team catches that ball as it was thrown? 

• Like (+1) 2

I didn’t see any drops?...

The TD catch would’ve made me think that guy is a #1 WR type.   That would’ve been highlight reel stuff. 

Other than that, he made a bunch of really nice catches in tight space. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Does anyone have a replay of the pass in the end zone? I didn’t think it was a drop, I thought it was a bad adjustment to the ball. Someone else said his left arm was being grabbed. I think it was just misplayed.

I’d like to see him make those plays, especially the end zone shot, but I think he’s a player Josh is willing to throw to with decent timing I might add.  I think he can contribute as a 4, or 5 receiver.  I don’t know that you count on him to be a starter.

he played great not sure where you say the bad the endzone catch would of been a highlight reel catch the sideline catch would of been pretty impressive as well considering 

what irks me is seeing his game today and knowing for the last six weeks he has been on the practice squad and somehow Fosters play on ST outweighed Williams on the offense...points to imo more incompetence with this staff 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Should have caught the TD. The others were pretty tough.

What annoys me about him is he acts like he won the super bowl after every single catch. Just get back to the huddle, man. Act like you've been there before.

I thought he was fine. Everyone has wanted the guy who can make a back should catch or a “mossed “ type of go up and get it play. Duke almost made those plays. He did make one but a penalty got him. 
Alas wasn’t meant to be. Almost doesn’t count. Still looking for the guy who can be that threat. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I didn’t see any drops?...

The TD catch would’ve made me think that guy is a #1 WR type.   That would’ve been highlight reel stuff. 

Other than that, he made a bunch of really nice catches in tight space. 

what’s highlight reel about it ?   Wr’s are supposed to make that play 

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

How does he see more targets than Brown and twice as many as Beasley today? All did about the same in yardage.

For one, for some weird Daboll reason - many key plays had 3 WR with Duke, Brown and McKenzie. Not sure why Beasley was off field so much

I called my shot before the game, that Duke would be the difference in the game for the Bills (a positive difference).  Unfortunately, I was right (on the negative side), in that Duke failed to make the play for the TD.  He did make some huge 1st down catches though.  Not bad for not having played with Josh for 7 weeks.  He'd be a great 3rd or 4th WR on the team.  We need a #1.  McKittrick gonna be fighting Foster for a roster spot next year.

• Like (+1) 1

Duke was fine today. He should've been our #3 outlet receiver all season. Yes the endzone drop hurt as the other sideline throw. But he made 3 tough catches to extend drives. Not to mention Josh missed him on a few. He's earned the right to stay on this team over at least 4-5 players who I won't bother mentioning.  We all know who they are. But by sheer virtue that this coaching staff held him back so long, who knows what these guys do? We'll probably be bringing 2 additional wrs to the roster so the wr corp will be squeezed. Duke should be proud of the way he played this year.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

For one, for some weird Daboll reason - many key plays had 3 WR with Duke, Brown and McKenzie. Not sure why Beasley was off field so much

That's the Doughboll offense...keep em guessing by leaving your best players on the sideline.  (Singletary in OT)

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Should have caught the TD. The others were pretty tough.

What annoys me about him is he acts like he won the super bowl after every single catch. Just get back to the huddle, man. Act like you've been there before.

Well for the past 8 weeks he wasn't there and this is a big stage.  But I get your point...make the catch that you're on the field for and get ready for the next play and catch.

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d keep him next year.  He’s earned it.  

Brown

Beasley

Draft Pick or FA

Duke

Roberts

McKenzie vs Foster for the last spot

It highlights the need to add bigger receivers to this roster in the offseason one through the draft and one through FA.

FA big WR(AJ Green if healthy?)

Draft big WR

Brown

Beasley

Duke

McKenzie

Edited by Special K

It wasn't great. He had some tough drops. He also made some tough catches.

He did more today than most of our other receivers have done all season. I'd keep him, Brown, and Beasley, and then try to bring in several possible new True WR1s from the draft and Free Agency, and let it play out in training camp.

TE needs just as much help. I'd dump Kroft and Lee Smith.

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I wouldn’t consider those “drops.” I’d also like to see any other receiver on this team make those catches. 

They were drops. Especially the one on the sidelines.

9 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

How does he see more targets than Brown and twice as many as Beasley today? All did about the same in yardage.

Better separation? 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

there’s the problem.       

Our pass catchers are not very good at the catching part. 

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

what’s highlight reel about it ?   Wr’s are supposed to make that play 

Definitely, and there were several.  Important drops. That throw by Allen to Williams in the end zone was an excellent play.  The balls that Williams dropped hit his hands, I  believe.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Well for the past 8 weeks he wasn't there and this is a big stage.  But I get your point...make the catch that you're on the field for and get ready for the next play and catch.

He did the same thing in week 17 when it was decidedly not a big stage. I get he want stop play and I get he is passionate, but I think he needs more discipline.