Disputed -St. Doug to be fired after the season

Virgil

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Beat you!!  Slow son of a B word!  ?

But seriously, have you heard of a coach being notified before coaching another game?   That’s just weird 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

But seriously, have you heard of a coach being notified before coaching another game?   That’s just weird 

It has happened in the past, but I do admit it is weird and I would ask to be released before the game. It's just wrong IMO

That is the worst kept secret on the planet.  If Caldwell survives, I can see him going after Rivera hard.  They have the players on defense for Rivera to make them playoff contenders like McD did for us.  If he brings Norv, is that the right call?  Honest question as I don’t know.

Always open to opinions.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That is the worst kept secret on the planet.  If Caldwell survives, I can see him going after Rivera hard.  They have the players on defense for Rivera to make them playoff contenders like McD did for us.  If he brings Norv, is that the right call?  Honest question as I don’t know.

Always open to opinions.

This is not an unlikely scenario.

Just now, Virgil said:

Just posted 

St Doug!  I don’t have the hatred toward Doug anymore that a lot of Bills fans still do.

The way he left the Bills was kind of BS, but I think he would admit that too.  I also think the way he handled  the situation after the departure sucked too.  

I got the impression that his super agent thought the market would be a lot stronger for him.  Also he was unhappy in Buffalo and thought he’d have a chance at his dream gig with NYJ.

As a coach, I think he’s average at best.  Ironically with his background on offense, his teams have failed to do anything other than “ground and pound.”  That was his main downfall on Jacksonville, though the QB situation unfortunately dictated this, during this season.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It IS just weird.

6 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Wait, this actually happened???

It could have been someone in his family of course, but that was the general belief.

You'd be surprised who we get on here at times, and I only give myself about 25-30% in figuring them out (and I never tell, even when I confirm)

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

They did that here with Rex and he basically said if you’re going to fire me, just do it now, especially with them forcing Tyrod to be inactive to avoid injury

Edited by uticaclub

24 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Imagine that.  “Doug you’re fired.  Now let’s try to get a win on Sunday”

We did the same thing with Rex. 

RR “Are you going to fire me after Sunday’s game?”

T/KP: Yes!

RR: “then I quit!”

Mafia: “Bye, Felicia”

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m sure that the players will be devastated.

Do we remember the story of when his wife mooned the injured Packers players? Can someone find that in the archives? I’m not good at searching.

Now THIS I do not at all remember.  Seriously?  I would think I would remember that, it's WAY WAY WAY over the top.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now THIS I do not at all remember.  Seriously?  I would think I would remember that, it's WAY WAY WAY over the top.

Yeah, the story goes that he had a dugout suite and those suites share a bathroom with the suite next to them (basically 2 suites have a common room where the bathrooms are). Marrone’s suite was one of them and the injured Packers were in the other. If I remember correctly there was some trash talk at some point and the Bills won the game. She mooned the suite next to them late in the game. Someone here told the story. I don’t know if it’s true or not but based on stories I heard about St. Doug I wouldn’t be surprised.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1