Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What information they might or might not have gained is immaterial.  They cheated.

giphy.gif

Asking how much the guilty party benefited is tantamount to asking a cheating spouse if they climaxed. Sure, you can wonder. But it’s really beside the point and definitely won’t make it hurt any less. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bengals were smart to get the evidence.  Now the apologists can not make excuses.  In spygate 1 the evidence was destroyed to enable the excuses that the tapes did not make a difference.  If they did not, why did they continue.

The other 31 teams need to demand that Foxboro is searched with some other team reps to witness.

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t roll with the “you are stupid and ignorant if you don’t agree with me” generally, but let’s just say I find it highly implausible that information gained from these videos wouldn’t make its way to Belicheck and his coaches.

It was enough years ago.

Someone told them what to do during the filming. It was obviously going to get back to Belicheat. 

13 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The Bengals were smart to get the evidence.  Now the apologists can not make excuses.  In spygate 1 the evidence was destroyed to enable the excuses that the tapes did not make a difference.  If they did not, why did they continue.

The other 31 teams need to demand that Foxboro is searched with some other team reps to witness.

There was a 2015 Outside The Lines documentary saying that the cheating was far worse than any of us knew.  Goodell covered it up, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Doc

55 minutes ago, buffalojedwardo said:

as much as I agree kicking them out of the playoffs it would cost the league millions of dollars and they wouldn't do it. 

No they wouldn't.  Pats out, Bills win AFCE.  Steelers and Titans are wild cards.  Same games, no New England, nothing lost. 

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Someone told them what to do during the filming. It was obviously going to get back to Belicheat. 

There was a 2015 Outside The Lines documentary saying that the cheating was far worse than any of us knew.  Goodell covered it up, for obvious reasons.

No sheet!

30 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

too late, I’m sure the Pats have destroyed the evidence

Kraft needs to be forced out, he needs to be forced to sell the franchise like what the NBA did to the one owner after his racist comments. Hit them with a HUGE fine, and if a shred of evidence shows BB had any knowledge of this or used any of this info he needs to be given the Pete Rose punishment.

It will never happen though. They will come up with some excuse that this is standard scouting and sweep it under the rug while probably fining or punishing the Bengals for the way they spoke to the Patriots employee and for not offering them the info they needed or a better viewing angle of the sideline

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

This will get swept under the rug most likely

I don’t think it will this time. That video was damming.  Also during SpyGate 1 investigation NE had a plan if they got caught. Just say they were filming for a TV Show. Exactly what happened. 

ELX9TrrXYAEYDQi?format=png&name=small

52 minutes ago, wppete said:

How does ESPN go from exposing the Patriots in that article then to shilling for them now? Every time “The Worldwide Leader” talks about the topic it is completely minimized and the cheating history and MO are totally ignored. Bless the Bengals for fighting this fight! Seriously. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

too late, I’m sure the Pats have destroyed the evidence

Bengals released part of tape- and it looks bad for Pat's*. Part of defense for Pat's* is that they are too smart to be this dumb. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Jimmy Johnson: "I don't care if it's Bill Belicheck or any other coach, no nfl coach would approve this."

What the *****. Are you that old and senile that you have forgotten that it's already happened? You #######.

Jimmy was responsible for the Dallas "white house"- nothing he says mean anything to me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How does ESPN go from exposing the Patriots in that article then to shilling for them now? Every time “The Worldwide Leader” talks about the topic it is completely minimized and the cheating history and MO are totally ignored. Bless the Bengals for fighting this fight! Seriously. 

Us media types are all given instructions to minimize the Patriots' cheating so to make the NFL look legitimate and not look like the bull####, big-market pandering WWE circus that it has become. But deep down, we all know their two-decade "dynasty" is fraudulent. We just can't say it on the air. Oh my stars....I'd lose my job at GMFB if I said this! On a related note, please no one tell Roger Goodell that I post here at Two Bills Drive.

Edited by KayAdams
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

Us media types are all given instructions to minimize the Patriots' cheating so to make the NFL look legitimate and not look like the bull####, big-market pandering WWE circus that it has become. But deep down, we all know their two-decade "dynasty" is fraudulent. We just can't say it on the air. Oh my stars....I'd lose my job at GMFB if I said this! On a related note, please no one tell Roger Goodell that I post here at Two Bills Drive.

@Roger Goodell

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t think it will this time. That video was damming.  Also during SpyGate 1 investigation NE had a plan if they got caught. Just say they were filming for a TV Show. Exactly what happened. 

ELX9TrrXYAEYDQi?format=png&name=small

ZERO points for creativity this time! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just saw the clip again and then heard Jabari Greer on CTV here in Canada just basically say every team does this, all teams try to steal opponents signals and have staff attend games of future opponents. The woman doing the show with him was basically saying 'sure, teams may try to steal signals, but video taping a sideline is illegal'.

Seeing the clip again, I think the league also needs to reverse the result of the game and give the win to the Bengals. How can the league now say that this game was fair and the result not because of the Pats having and illegal advantage.

If the league wanted to show they have any shred of integrity left and that it's not favoring or rigged they need to step in and punish the Pats big time

This is what needs to happen...

Article VIII of the NFL’s Constitution & Bylaws. Specifically, Section 8.13 authorizes the Commissioner to determine that an owner “has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football.” If the Commissioner believes the available sanction (a $500,000 fine) is “not adequate or sufficient,” the Commissioner may refer the issue to the NFL’s Executive Committee, which has the power to compel “[c]ancellation or forfeiture of the franchise in the League of any member club involved or implicated,” with a directive to sell the team.

Further more both Brady and Belichick stripped of the right to be in the league and banned from entering the HoF.  Its one thing if this was a first offense but these guys have been caught cheating numerous times and have made a complete mockery of the NFL with nothing but slaps on the wrists.  There is no doubt in my mind they cheat a lot more but just haven't gotten caught.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Jimmy Johnson: "I don't care if it's Bill Belicheck or any other coach, no nfl coach would approve this."

What the *****. Are you that old and senile that you have forgotten that it's already happened? You #######.

Terry, Howie and Jimmy giving good ol boy coverup responses.  Pathetic. 

Belichick and the Patriots are cheaters and will forever be known as such.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Whatever their punishment turns out to be it should be doubled based on the chowderhead accent of the guy on Glazer's tape.

Well the punishment should be more severe then Spygate 1 and Deflategate. The punishment should be compounded just like  when players are punished and fined. NE are proven cheaters over and over.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Just saw the clip again and then heard Jabari Greer on CTV here in Canada just basically say every team does this, all teams try to steal opponents signals and have staff attend games of future opponents. The woman doing the show with him was basically saying 'sure, teams may try to steal signals, but video taping a sideline is illegal'.

Seeing the clip again, I think the league also needs to reverse the result of the game and give the win to the Bengals. How can the league now say that this game was fair and the result not because of the Pats having and illegal advantage.

If the league wanted to show they have any shred of integrity left and that it's not favoring or rigged they need to step in and punish the Pats big time

Greer is correct. Its the videotaping that is against the rules.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I just wonder if the delay is the fact that many owners are really really mad.

They skated before and everyone agreed to let it pass for the good of the league.  They were probably told to knock it off.  

You have to think other owners, especially in the afc are more livid than us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

This is what needs to happen...

Further more both Brady and Belichick stripped of the right to be in the league and banned from entering the HoF.  Its one thing if this was a first offense but these guys have been caught cheating numerous times and have made a complete mockery of the NFL with nothing but slaps on the wrists.  There is no doubt in my mind they cheat a lot more but just haven't gotten caught.

As happy as this would make me Brady has nothing to do with the managment of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

As happy as this would make me Brady has nothing to do with the managment of the team.

Doesn’t matter. He’s the beneficiary of it. 

And I’m sure he knew/knows. After getting benched for Henson in college and being drafted in the sixth round I’m sure he was down for anything that would let him win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doesn’t matter. He’s the beneficiary of it. 

And I’m sure he knew/knows. After getting benched for Henson in college and being drafted in the sixth round I’m sure he was down for anything that would let him win.

But unless it is proven he was involved he will be bullet proof. If the CEO of a grocery chain is caught embezzling money the bag boy doesnt get fired. 

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He doesn't but... you can't tell me he doesn't know what is going on.  That's just as guilty as the guy doing it IMO.

Proof. Without it, just blowing hot air. 

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

But unless it is proven he was involved he will be bullet proof. If the CEO of a grocery chain is caught embezzling money the bag boy doesnt get fired. 

Well, the proof is the whole world knows they cheat.  If he don't then....

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He doesn't but... you can't tell me he doesn't know what is going on.  That's just as guilty as the guy doing it IMO.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Well, the proof is the whole world knows they cheat.  If he don't then....

Nope. BTW, if Im ever arrested I dont want you on my jury

1 minute ago, Your Brown Eye said:

According to you Tom Brady is guilty because "he knows" they cheat. Does that make you guilty too because "you know" that that Tom Brady "knows" that they cheat?

giphy.gif

Well no because I'm not benefiting from it, nor am I involved in it.  

6 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Nope. BTW, if Im ever arrested I dont want you on my jury

Well first off, I was just kidding but if you want to talk law... if you are driving a car and you knew your buddy just robbed the liquor store and continued to drive the car... yes, you would go to jail too.