Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

I hope they get absolutely crushed by this! In this day and age even just having this out there is damaging. How often do companies get swayed because of social media? People are going to raise hell about this and its going to force the leagues hand. Especially if the Bengals made a copy of the tape, the league cant just destroy the evidence this time.

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What. the. literal. *****. 

Not shocking. I live with a Pats fan and you should hear him B word about the refs and how the league hates them, im like really? REALLY???? Cannot talk sense to any of them

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I hope they get absolutely crushed by this! In this day and age even just having this out there is damaging. How often do companies get swayed because of social media? People are going to raise hell about this and its going to force the leagues hand. Especially if the Bengals made a copy of the tape, the league cant just destroy the evidence this time.

But did they? From what I hear, they just told NFL officials and the NFL confiscated the tapes. So could be spygate burning party all over again. NFL: "Nothing to see here" followed by another slap on the wrist. Complete bs...

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

But did they? From what I hear, they just told NFL officials and the NFL confiscated the tapes. So could be spygate burning party all over again. NFL: "Nothing to see here" followed by another slap on the wrist. Complete bs...

Unfortunately thats the way this will play out.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I read a report that they did in fact keep the original and give the league a copy. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Of course they do. Nothing to see here.

Un. *****. Believable.

The other 31 owners should send a very brief email to Roger G. “Dear Roger. You’re fired. We can find someone else to do your job for 1/2 of what we pay you. All the best, Us (Majority)”

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

The only thing that would make me think that the league is wrong there is if the tape shows explicit zooming in on hand signals, and flickers to the clock for time/down/distance etc. like the spygate stuff. 

Why does that have to be included? If I'm not mistaken, they broke the rule by filming the bench in the first place?...

• Like (+1) 2

My gut tells me they have cheated on all kinds of ways but there probably not the only ones but they will be no dynasty in my mind. Brady is great but there's cheating in almost every sport.  The NFL did not want the saints playing them in the Superbowl last year and a good reason why as the saints would've killed them!

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I read a report that they did in fact keep the original and give the league a copy. 

It’s a tweet, and it’s in this thread. I think from Diana whatever. There’s like 2 pages of jokes about how that’s the only smart thing cinci has done all year 

9 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yes, they did. The Bengals have the original, and the NFL has a copy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

The only thing that would make me think that the league is wrong there is if the tape shows explicit zooming in on hand signals, and flickers to the clock for time/down/distance etc. like the spygate stuff. 

When you have amazing video quality and equipment there is absolutely no need to zoom in on original footage, in fact you would want to see the whole sideline to see what subs are coming on and off and what all players are doing, you can zoom in on the play back.

The thing my gut is telling me is they have a guy recording headset conversations.

I know that has to be what Ernie Adams is for, it is bull#### there is no way they are not piecing together this ***** prior to the game, It's why his assistants are not nearly as successful when they leave.

I would not be surprised if Belichek, Adams, Kraft, Brady, & Maybe McDaniels after reneging on the Colts Head coach job are the only ones that fully understand what Ernie Adams does.  

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why does that have to be included? If I'm not mistaken, they broke the rule by filming the bench in the first place?...

An independent contractor hired by Kraft broke a rule, yes. From what I can tell, that man has not worked for the patriots for very long. It sounds like everything was legal, until the bench came into the camera, which we actually don't know details about - one reporter claimed it was a full quarter of bench filming, the next claimed it was 8 minutes of real time. 

My point is, last night, when we knew just as much as we know now, everyone was happy with a "let's see what the tapes say." Now we still don't know anything more, but people are rabid and seeing red that the NFL is inclined to not think this is a big deal upon investigating the tapes. This change is not reflective of cool, rational thinking. People have already decided correctly or incorrectly the nature of this thing before we know anything more.

I wouldn't put money on it not being nefarious - but I don't know that it is, and since Cincy has a copy of the tapes and the owners are in general furious about this stuff, I'm not inclined to believe in some massive coverup. Terry knows that systematic cheating would hurt his own team and bottom line, 2nd in the East as we are.